• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    At Norfolk NAS (Naval Air Station), next to Norfolk Naval Base, I was able to stand in front of a F-14 breaking in new engines with the engines spooled up.

IT
    WAS
    AWESOME

Ahaa yes, good ole high power run in. It's a sound and feeling once experienced is never forgotten. I especially enjoyed them at night!

My favorite place on the floating airport was the 08 (observation) level on the island when the RA-5's and F4-J's went to zone 5 on the bow cats. The power, heat and fury was awesome!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ahaa yes, good ole high power run in. It's a sound and feeling once experienced is never forgotten. I especially enjoyed them at night!

My favorite place on the floating airport was the 08 (observation) level on the island when the RA-5's and F4-J's went to zone 5 on the bow cats. The power, heat and fury was awesome!!!

Fury.....best description yet.

Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    My house is on the runway flight path of the former 181st fighter wing in Terre Haute.
    One day, two F-16's flew low over the house and rattled the windows. My daughter asked "What was that!". I told her that is the sound of Freedom!
    I really miss seeing them fly over on a daily basis.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    My house is on the runway flight path of the former 181st fighter wing in Terre Haute.
    One day, two F-16's flew low over the house and rattled the windows. My daughter asked "What was that!". I told her that is the sound of Freedom!
    I really miss seeing them fly over on a daily basis.

I said that to my daughter once at the AF Museum in Dayton after an F-4 left the base and kept it on the deck for a while. Loud as hell, rattled your teeth.

Top Bottom