• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Any word on whether the dead motorcyclist's family is getting any sort of financial help? Saying that it's tough losing, in all likelihood, the primary bread winner in the family is an understatement.

I'm sure that the motorcyclist's family well being isn't very high on the FOP priority list.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I believe everyone deserves a fair trial and should be presumed innocent.

But, this case makes me sick. What happened with the messed up blood alcohol testing is disgusting. The trial won't provide ultimate justice because of the botched investigation.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Unfortunately that is always the case. The victim gets forgotten in favor of making sure the accused is afforded every opportunity to not be held responsible for his actions.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    If he is a due paying member I don't see why this is an issue. If he pays his dues, and the situation happened at work, I don't see how they even have any choice in the matter it is in the contract?:dunno:

Even if the clause states that if he was drunk they don't defend him, in the end, as wrong as it is, there is no "evidence" that he was.

Just because the FOP is paying for his bills doesn't mean they are happy about it. They are obligated to.

There are plenty of things to be displeased with in this whole situation, but don't misplace it at the FOP who are obligated to do this whether they like it or not.

Not defending him would likely result in a much bigger loss of money from the lawsuit Bisard would fight and win for breach of contract. And nobody wants that.

It's not taxpayer money anyway so really whatever the FOP wants to do they can/will do.

I hope Bisard and the motorcyclist family, and the public get a fair trial and the truth comes out. All of it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You as well as I know it's guilty until proven innocent.. why should he be any different? Just because he's a cop?

In all reality.. it should be innocent until proven guilty, but we all know that's bull****.. it's really guilty until proven innocent!

Maybe if his fellow officers, family or friends did something about his drinking problems before all of this.. this horrific accident would have never happened.. because it's no secret he had a drinking problem before any of this even happened.

Either way.. he's guilty until guilty like you stated.. because everyone knows he's guilty.. the investigation was botched along with the botched cover up!
    So!!
    Why bother with a trial?
    Since Everyone knows he's guilty, lets just toss his ass in jail for life.
    We shouldn't be bothered with the mess and cost of a trial now that Everyone knows he's guilty.
    Someday I want to meet this "Everyone" bastard.
    He seems to know all there is to know.

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    At trial. He is entitled to the same protections as anyone else. The FOP is funded by LEO members dues. As such, we decide what we spend it on. Without the DUI charge, he meets the requirements for legal aid and is a member in good standing. So, majority voted "yes".

"He is entitled to the same protections as anyone else." - Would the evidence had been tossed if it were "anyone else"?

"The FOP is funded by LEO members dues." - The LEO are funded by the taxpayer, which is minus 1 less now due to the actions of this officer.

"Without the DUI charge, he meets the requirements for legal aid and is a member in good standing." - I was referring to the evidence being tossed. This is a BS way to get out of repsonsibility for ones actions, especially the actions of someone that is employed to keep society safe but ends up taking the life of an innocent person due to willful negligence. This is wrong on so many levels and everyone knows it. You reap what you sow and defending BS like this will have its consequences.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Guilty until proven innocent I see.

Is not having every defense part of the Justice system? What does having a FOP lawyer do to make the charges any less?

At least afford the guy the rights that everyone else is afforded.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Guilty until proven innocent I see.

Is not having every defense part of the Justice system? What does having a FOP lawyer do to make the charges any less?

At least afford the guy the rights that everyone else is afforded.

NONE OF US GETS THE RIGHT TO BE DRIVEN around by IMPD brass until they get the blood draw they want that they know can be thrown out...

some IMPD brass need to be looking at Federal conspiracy charges on that...

and none of us gets to have the prosecutor throw out charges because of political pressure because of our job...

some crimes are so disgusting that we all know what the outcome should be... a man is dead while this murderer is watching football...in his own house... that aint justice!!!

this is vehicular homicide...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NONE OF US GETS THE RIGHT TO BE DRIVEN around by IMPD brass until they get the blood draw they want that they know can be thrown out...

He wasn't driven around, but his blood was.

some IMPD brass need to be looking at Federal conspiracy charges on that...

Some? The whole shooting match-cops, brass, prosecutors, inter alia need to be in front of a grand jury.

this is vehicular homicide

Umm, it's a lot of things (OWI/Death, Criminal Recklessness Causing Serious Bodily Injury, Conspiracy to Commit Obstruction of Justice, inter alia) but that it is not . . . as Indiana has no such offense.

However, I think that by law Bisard should be given the money for his defense. It seems he has every right to it.

We shall see what Mr. Curry does shortly. I hope calling a grand jury would be his first official act.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    "He is entitled to the same protections as anyone else." - Would the evidence had been tossed if it were "anyone else"?
    Are you kidding me? DUI's get thrown out EVERY DAY on the smallest technicality. There is a billion dollar industry from defending DUI cases. I used to work on my off-hours doing DUI OT and have been in court with some of the best DUI attorneys in the country. You got the money, you WILL get off.
    "The FOP is funded by LEO members dues." - The LEO are funded by the taxpayer, which is minus 1 less now due to the actions of this officer.
    I do not understand what you are trying to say. YES we are funded by tax monies. But you have no say in how I spend my paycheck. The FOP legal defense fund is paid for by the dues we pay. Once the check is deposited into my account it stops being taxpayers money...it becomes mine and if I want to belong to the FOP, I can.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Umm, it's a lot of things (OWI/Death, Criminal Recklessness Causing Serious Bodily Injury, Conspiracy to Commit Obstruction of Justice, inter alia) but that it is not . . . as Indiana has no such offense.

sure we do...its still homicide...irregardless of what is used as the murder weapon... we have bladular,,,for knives...drownular,,,for water,,,and so on...

first,,,you try for this...

IC 35-42-1-1
    Murder
    Sec. 1. A person who:
    (1) knowingly or intentionally kills another human being;
    !
    !
    commits murder, a felony.

...and if you cant prove that,,,you ask the jury to award this for this...

IC 35-42-1-5
    Reckless homicide
    Sec. 5. A person who recklessly kills another human being commits reckless homicide, a Class C felony.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.29; Acts 1980, P.L.83, SEC.6.

so he used a car instead of a knife...its still homicide...and you dont have to prove any of that owi stuff...

We shall see what Mr. Curry does shortly. I hope calling a grand jury would be his first official act.

No state grand jury---i want the feds to take down the corrupt Indy gop...

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I'll bet an officer named Candi Perry will re-emerge in the end and have something to say about that. In the end it will play right in her wheelhouse and she'll make the FOP look like a bunch of racist, sexist, idiots. Yea, more news on my t.v. and in my paper about cop life in the big city or town or whatever the hell Indy is trying to be these days.

FOP/Unions money, they can use it as they see fit.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In my mind I've tried to put myself into the shoes of Bisard. After all, most of us have done something incredibly reckless and stupid. Fortunately my faux pas haven't resulted in serious injury to anyone.

If I were him, would I: deny, deny, deny or plead for mercy and forgiveness to the ones I've hurt?

Why make my wife and kids suffer for having a stupid husband and father? Let them grow up thinking I'm a swell dad.

We live in an age of faultless self centered self interested people.

What would anyone here do? What is Bisard's most hopeful action?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom