• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not really. Who the government taxes is based on information provided by your employer (which in other threads on illegal immigrants working in the US has been proven to be of suspicious provenance). The government's concern is not if you are who you say you are, a certain amount of money is withheld and it is up to you to provide supporting documentation about whether you owe more or deserve a refund. Whether you are who you claim to be doesn't affect that transaction, with the possible exception of claiming social security later in life

The right to vote in local, state and national elections is all about who you are with respect to eligibilty to vote at all and where you actually live with respect to what elections you can or should be allowed to vote in. Should people be allowed to vote on say tax or bond levies in your community based on their claims that they live there or on the proof that they live there

Who you are provides the details of 'one man', where you live provides the details of 'one vote' by ensuring that identity is tied unambiguously to a single locus of agency

So the requirements for the government to tax me, should be lower than my ability to chose my own government. I disagree. Let me ask you a question. Should a law abiding citizen be restricted based on what the law breaker might do?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You do not need to be a citizen to owe taxes. You do need to be a citizen to vote. The requirements are different.

ETA - Completely irrelevant but you also did not need to be a citizen to be drafted into the US Armed Services - back when there was a draft.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think so. I think they edited to get the proper responses they wanted for their agenda - that being to show that having ID is normal and that thinking otherwise is retarded and racist.

Agreed, and thats what they do when they go to Trump rallies and find the loons that say the stupid stuff. The agenda is make the watcher think those views are representative of the entire group. Which should be soundly rejected, regardless of the agenda.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Agreed, and thats what they do when they go to Trump rallies and find the loons that say the stupid stuff. The agenda is make the watcher think those views are representative of the entire group. Which should be soundly rejected, regardless of the agenda.

Exactly - I would do the same thing if I were making a video. It would be impossible to interview enough people to make it truly representative anyhow so they pick and choose. I don't think anybody believes those videos are meant to be documentaries or anything close to valid.

I like the ones that show how little people actually know about their country. Of course not everybody is that brick stupid but they are funny.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do those over registrations translate to "over" votes? Im not sure if you're saying shenanigans are going on, or if you think that the system isn't efficient in tracking legitimately registered voters.

I'm saying, to quote jamil "If it looks like you're hiding something, Im'a think you're hiding something"

Downplaying the possibility or incidence of fraud while simultaneously providing no (or as little as possible) effort to resolve the problem is not a good look. You have in the past ridiculed the magnitude of the fraudulent vote claim, I have simply shown that 3 million fraudulent votes are quite within the realm of possibility (recall the 3.5 million number is only from data provided by 38 states or about 3/4; extrapolating, the problem could be as high as 4.7 million)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I posted examples of what issues other people and their loved ones had, hoping one could extrapolate from there, but I guess I need to say it explicitly. People that are retired, are typically older (obviously). If they have retired, they have probably have put in some years at a job... 30 to 40 years not being uncommon, amongst Boomers. Given the culture of loyalty to an employer that exists within the older generations, the odds that many of them have kept track of, and have in good condition the very same documents they used when they originally applied to their jobs would be unique. Further, as some mentioned in the examples I posted, there is a possibility that those documents might not even be acceptable to prove identity.
    The preceding is why I asked if retired people pay taxes. I hoping that makes sense to you.

Is it not a form of elitist thinking to believe that the retired lack the ability to obtain the necessary documents to obtain the ID needed to vote? It goes without saying that there will be a small percentage for which this is too difficult, just as we have a small percentage that find having the documents to work are also too difficult. There are certainly folks out there that would assist anyone in need of assistance to get what they need to get ID to vote, and while they may not fly the states will still offer traditional ID's. But reading between the lines on this issue, what the ID laws really do is make it more difficult for activists to load busses at nursing homes or homeless shelters to go vote on Election Day...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't mod me, bro.

I have only ever been supportive of your assertion that the proper response to someone telling one how to act should be a big **** you and do the opposite

I only take issue with your lack of enthusiasm for the idea when you're the one telling people how they should act

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have only ever been supportive of your assertion that the proper response to someone telling one how to act should be a big **** you and do the opposite

I only take issue with your lack of enthusiasm for the idea when you're the one telling people how they should act

pardon me while i search this entire forum for another member who's posting style you've criticized.

i might be gone a while, don't wait up

So desperate for that "Gotcha" on me, it's making you look... obsessive? Is that the word?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Do those over registrations translate to "over" votes? Im not sure if you're saying shenanigans are going on, or if you think that the system isn't efficient in tracking legitimately registered voters.
    So PLEASE enlighten us, if there's not shenanigans, what is going on? Perhaps it's just a new adult version of the game of hide and seek. Those stats clearly show there's a problem. especially where there's more voting than who lives there. If you can't acknowledge that simple fact, there's a problem, then you won't acknowledge anything. Just look at the amount of buried people in the 70's and 80's from Chicago that was mysteriously voting for the Daley political machine.

Voter fraud is real. I know for a fact, I'm not going into any further details.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Did anybody ever have to show that kind of ID to get a job? I know I didn't.

I know a couple people that through various convoluted ways are actually Canadian citizens but have lived here their whole lives, worked here, purchased homes here, voted here and everything else and never had any issues living normally.

Don't know about anyone else but my pre-retirement job required a copy of a valid government issued photo id, SS card, copy of my college transcripts, pass a drug screen and a criminal background check and that was in 1986. I decided that sitting around the house wasn't all that good for me so I picked up a part time job recently, they required a copy of a valid government issued id, copy a my SS card, pass a drug screen and a criminal background check, all that for a 2 say week job at a local store. So... for me, complying with the requirements to vote is a piece of cake.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So PLEASE enlighten us, if there's not shenanigans, what is going on? Perhaps it's just a new adult version of the game of hide and seek. Those stats clearly show there's a problem. especially where there's more voting than who lives there. If you can't acknowledge that simple fact, there's a problem, then you won't acknowledge anything. Just look at the amount of buried people in the 70's and 80's from Chicago that was mysteriously voting for the Daley political machine.

Voter fraud is real. I know for a fact, I'm not going into any further details.

The part of the left not wanting voter ID laws that I find the most humorous...

Republicans pushed for voter ID laws before 2016. Democrats didn’t want it. After 2016 Democrats accused Republicans of winning by Russian interference. Welllllll maybe voter ID laws aren’t so bad after all huh?

Part of me wonders if they don’t want ID laws in place for 2 reasons. 1, so they can rig elections. 2, so when they lose an election they can claim it was rigged.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom