• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So it isn't easy; should it be? If one wishes to exercize the right to have a say in their and their countrymen's future shouldn't it be worthy of a little more effort than buying a lottery ticket?

The point is, it isn't impossible or even particularly onerous as a onetime endeavor. If they move around a lot, they may not be voting correctly on precinct level local issues, but the overarching purpose of restricting one man to one vote is served and restricting a voter to only the local issues affecting the precinct in which they live is attempted. Perhaps an individual who doesn't want his real residence to appear in any database would be worthy of further scrutiny before being automatically accorded the rights and privileges of proper society

It should be as easy as it is for the government to take taxes out of your check. That's a fair trade isn't it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It should be as easy as it is for the government to take taxes out of your check. That's a fair trade isn't it?

Not exactly the same and yet I believe the requirements are similar because to pay taxes you first must have a job...

[h=1]Documentation Required to Work in the United States[/h]Under the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act, new employees must present proof that they are legally authorized to work in the United States. When you take a new job, you are required to fill out the employee’s section of USCIS Form I-9 by the end of your first day on the job. You then have three business days to present your new employer with documents proving that:

• you are who you say you are, and
    • you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
    If you use forged, counterfeit, or altered documents to prove your identification or authorization to work, you may be fined and even imprisoned.
    [h=3]When One Document Is Sufficient[/h]United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly the INS) periodically updates the list of documents sufficient to prove both identity and eligibility to be employed in the United States. Any one of the following documents is sufficient, on its own, to meet the requirements:

• an unexpired United States passport
    • an unexpired foreign passport with an I-551 stamp
    • an alien registration receipt card or permanent resident card
    • an unexpired employment authorization card
    • an unexpired employment authorization document, issued by USCIS, which contains a photograph, or
    • an unexpired foreign passport with Form I-94 containing an endorsement of nonimmigrant status.
    [h=3]When Two Documents Are Required[/h]An employee who does not have one of the documents listed above must produce two documents: one establishing that he or she is authorized to work in the United States and another verifying identity.
    To prove employment authorization, USCIS will accept:

• a Social Security card
    • a U.S. birth or birth abroad certificate
    • a Native American tribal document
    • a U.S. citizen ID card
    • a resident citizen ID card, or
    • unexpired employment authorization documents issued by the Department of Homeland Security.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is one of those "decisions, decisions" moment, as obviously the president has implied essentially same thing. If you believe that 3 million fraudulent votes were cast (and I don't, FYI), then Schiff's comment has a ring to truth to it, does it not? Now if you think the president is FOS (as I do) concerning 3 million fraudulent votes, then yes Schiff's comments are troubling. So what's it gonna be?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017...oters-outnumber-eligible-voters-462-counties/
    Ghost Voters

This is where it can happen
    Some 3.5 million more people are registered to vote in the U.S. than are alive among America’s adult citizens. Such staggering inaccuracy is an engraved invitation to voter fraud.

The Election Integrity Project of Judicial Watch — a Washington-based legal-watchdog group — analyzed data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2011–2015 American Community Survey and last month’s statistics from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The latter included figures provided by 38 states. According to Judicial Watch, eleven states gave the EAC insufficient or questionable information. Pennsylvania’s legitimate numbers place it just below the over-registration threshold.

My tabulation of Judicial Watch’s state-by-state results yielded 462 counties where the registration rate exceeded 100 percent. There were 3,551,760 more people registered to vote than adult U.S. citizens who inhabit these counties.

These 462 counties (18.5 percent of the 2,500 studied) exhibit this ghost-voter problem. These range from 101 percent registration in Delaware’s New Castle County to New Mexico’s Harding County, where there are 62 percent more registered voters than living, breathing adult citizens — or a 162 percent registration rate.

Washington’s Clark County is worrisome, given its 154 percent registration rate. This includes 166,811 ghost voters. Georgia’s Fulton County seems less nettlesome at 108 percent registration, except for the number of Greater Atlantans, 53,172, who compose that figure.

But California’s San Diego County earns the enchilada grande. Its 138 percent registration translates into 810,966 ghost voters. Los Angeles County’s 112 percent rate equals 707,475 over-registrations.Beyond the official data that it received, Judicial Watch reports that LA County employees “informed us that the total number of registered voters now stands at a number that is a whopping 144 percent of the total number of resident citizens of voting age.

All told, California is a veritable haunted house, teeming with 1,736,556 ghost voters. Judicial Watch last week wrote Democratic secretary of state Alex Padilla and authorities in eleven Golden State counties and documented how their election records are in shambles.

One would think Schiff et al would want to get such irregularities cleared up to prevent Russian bots from fraudulently using such ghost voting possibilities to re-elect President Trump. The fact that California exhibits no interest in mitigating the problem leads to the suspicion that it is a net benefit to their political ambitions

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Did anybody ever have to show that kind of ID to get a job? I know I didn't.

I know a couple people that through various convoluted ways are actually Canadian citizens but have lived here their whole lives, worked here, purchased homes here, voted here and everything else and never had any issues living normally.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2017...oters-outnumber-eligible-voters-462-counties/
    Ghost Voters

This is where it can happen

One would think Schiff et al would want to get such irregularities cleared up to prevent Russian bots from fraudulently using such ghost voting possibilities to re-elect President Trump. The fact that California exhibits no interest in mitigating the problem leads to the suspicion that it is a net benefit to their political ambitions

Do those over registrations translate to "over" votes? Im not sure if you're saying shenanigans are going on, or if you think that the system isn't efficient in tracking legitimately registered voters.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just sharing fun things.

Do I need to bring back my sigline that things I post here are not endorsements of said things

Nope. But perhaps a bit of commentary on what posters you hang up rather than just wallpapering. What does whatever dribbles out of MacAfee's slack jaw mean to you

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Did anybody ever have to show that kind of ID to get a job? I know I didn't.

I know a couple people that through various convoluted ways are actually Canadian citizens but have lived here their whole lives, worked here, purchased homes here, voted here and everything else and never had any issues living normally.

To work and pay taxes they must have had a social security number...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not exactly the same and yet I believe the requirements are similar because to pay taxes you first must have a job...

Documentation Required to Work in the United States

Under the federal Immigration Reform and Control Act, new employees must present proof that they are legally authorized to work in the United States. When you take a new job, you are required to fill out the employee’s section of USCIS Form I-9 by the end of your first day on the job. You then have three business days to present your new employer with documents proving that:

• you are who you say you are, and
    • you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
    If you use forged, counterfeit, or altered documents to prove your identification or authorization to work, you may be fined and even imprisoned.
    When One Document Is Sufficient

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly the INS) periodically updates the list of documents sufficient to prove both identity and eligibility to be employed in the United States. Any one of the following documents is sufficient, on its own, to meet the requirements:

• an unexpired United States passport
    • an unexpired foreign passport with an I-551 stamp
    • an alien registration receipt card or permanent resident card
    • an unexpired employment authorization card
    • an unexpired employment authorization document, issued by USCIS, which contains a photograph, or
    • an unexpired foreign passport with Form I-94 containing an endorsement of nonimmigrant status.
    When Two Documents Are Required

An employee who does not have one of the documents listed above must produce two documents: one establishing that he or she is authorized to work in the United States and another verifying identity.
    To prove employment authorization, USCIS will accept:

• a Social Security card
    • a U.S. birth or birth abroad certificate
    • a Native American tribal document
    • a U.S. citizen ID card
    • a resident citizen ID card, or
    • unexpired employment authorization documents issued by the Department of Homeland Security.

The requirements for owing taxes are different than for voting, as they should be.

The above post say it is not significantly different.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The above post say it is not significantly different.

All I'm saying is the requirements listed are different than the reality of the requirements to actually get a job. Maybe people have to meet those requirements now but I have never had to meet those requirements to get any job. Of course one must take into account that I have not started in a new job for a few decades.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep, and they must have met the requirements at the time of employment to be retired as they would have to now under the current rules if they return to be a Wal-Mart greeter...

I posted examples of what issues other people and their loved ones had, hoping one could extrapolate from there, but I guess I need to say it explicitly. People that are retired, are typically older (obviously). If they have retired, they have probably have put in some years at a job... 30 to 40 years not being uncommon, amongst Boomers. Given the culture of loyalty to an employer that exists within the older generations, the odds that many of them have kept track of, and have in good condition the very same documents they used when they originally applied to their jobs would be unique. Further, as some mentioned in the examples I posted, there is a possibility that those documents might not even be acceptable to prove identity.
    The preceding is why I asked if retired people pay taxes. I hoping that makes sense to you.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Not really. Who the government taxes is based on information provided by your employer (which in other threads on illegal immigrants working in the US has been proven to be of suspicious provenance). The government's concern is not if you are who you say you are, a certain amount of money is withheld and it is up to you to provide supporting documentation about whether you owe more or deserve a refund. Whether you are who you claim to be doesn't affect that transaction, with the possible exception of claiming social security later in life

The right to vote in local, state and national elections is all about who you are with respect to eligibilty to vote at all and where you actually live with respect to what elections you can or should be allowed to vote in. Should people be allowed to vote on say tax or bond levies in your community based on their claims that they live there or on the proof that they live there

Who you are provides the details of 'one man', where you live provides the details of 'one vote' by ensuring that identity is tied unambiguously to a single locus of agency

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do retired people pay taxes?

Just for you, the H&R Block list of documents needed to file taxes including the retired...

The documents needed to get an ID to vote are virtually indistinguishable from the documents needed to work or pay taxes. It is all posted here for all to see. The whole voter ID as a deterrent to a significant number of voters is just BS, and worse it is an excuse to cover for cheating.

[h=2]Personal Information[/h]Tax Identification Numbers are mandatory items on your tax prep checklist. All taxpayers will need the following information.

• Your social security number or tax ID number
    • Your spouse's full name and social security number or tax ID number
    [h=2]Dependent(s) Information[/h]Parents and caregivers should gather this information as they review what they need to file their taxes.

• Dates of birth and social security numbers or tax ID numbers
    • Childcare records (including the provider's tax ID number) if applicable
    • Income of other adults in your home
    • Form 8332 showing that the child’s custodial parent is releasing their right to claim a child to you, the noncustodial parent (if applicable)

[h=2]Sources of Income[/h]Many of these forms won't apply every year. For example, you will only receive the investment forms you may need to file your taxes if you had distributions or other activity.

• [h=3]Employed[/h]
      • Forms W-2
    • [h=3]Unemployed[/h]
      • Unemployment, state tax refund (1099-G)
    • [h=3]Self-Employed[/h]
      • Forms 1099, Schedules K-1, income records to verify amounts not reported on 1099s
      • Records of all expenses — check registers or credit card statements, and receipts
      • Business-use asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation
      • Office in home information, if applicable
      • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form 1040–ES)
    • [h=3]Rental Income[/h]
      • Records of income and expenses
      • Rental asset information (cost, date placed in service, etc.) for depreciation
    • [h=3]Retirement Income[/h]
      • Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
      • Traditional IRA basis (i.e., amounts you contributed to the IRA that were already taxed)
      • Social security/RRB income (1099-SSA, RRB-1099)
    • [h=3]Savings & Investments or Dividends[/h]
      • Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-DIV)
      • Income from sales of stock or other property (1099-B, 1099-S)
      • Dates of acquisition and records of your cost or other basis in property you sold (if basis is not reported on 1099-B)
      • Health Savings Account and long-term care reimbursements (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
      • Expenses related to your investments
      • Transactions involving cryptocurrency (Virtual currency)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom