• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've come to the conclusion that states either need to repeal the death penalty or go back to beheading. The endless wrangling over execution chemicals is doing nothing but soaking taxpayers. A sharp ax and a strong back, the head's off and the person is dead, end of story. It's either that or repeal, this mess in the middle does nothing but produce legal fees and tv drama.:rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I always voted for a good old fashioned hanging. But I'd go for a beheading. It just seams more - Permanent.

I'll bring the popcorn....:popcorn:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I don't see the point in death penalty when it takes over 20 years to carry out the sentence. Especially now with DNA evidence.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    what about their feelings? Remember they are the victims of their surrounding, its their parents fault, or they are a minority, or they are poor, come on, what about their feelings? Sure they did some bad stuff but come on, ----lots of purple

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Philosophically I fully support the death penalty. There are certain crimes committed that I find so reprehensible that I believe the perpetrator has created the reason for his/her untimely demise.

Realistically I have severe problems with it. When over 25% of death row inmates have been cleared after the fact by the retesting of DNA evidence this new information gives me cause for concern. While I believe death is an appropriate punishment for certain criminals I want to bloody well make certain we are killing THE REAL CRIMINAL!

On this issue of the "botched" Oklahoma execution I don't believe there should be any wrangling! I believe the taxpayers have a 100% just cause to know what they are buying, who they are buying from, and how much it is costing! The State is completely 100% in error by hiding such information from the public. If the collective WE are paying for it then the collective WE have a right to know every darn detail about the purchase.

It is this goal of transparency that will allow us to course correct and learn from our mistakes, OR to know we are doing it right and not make any changes.

Regards,

Doug

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

I believe the taxpayers have a 100% just cause to know what they are buying, who they are buying from, and how much it is costing! The State is completely 100% in error by hiding such information from the public. If the collective WE are paying for it then the collective WE have a right to know every darn detail about the purchase.

It is this goal of transparency that will allow us to course correct and learn from our mistakes, OR to know we are doing it right and not make any changes.

I agree with transparency because I also believe we have the right to this information. From what I understand about this is the government wants to keep this information from the public due to people exposing the companies supplying the chemicals. The government is having a hard time finding companies to supply the chemicals due to the special interest groups that would protest and boycott those companies. This hurts the profits, so they are reluctant to supply the chemicals of death to the prisons. I can't blame the companies though for protecting their profits. I think there should be other alternatives to using the chemicals.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Assuming there is NO DOUBT that the person is guilty, I say let the victim's family pick out the method of the death sentence. Let them choose from a list! Only thing worse than actually dying is not knowing how.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was listening to a radio interview with a execution expert, and he said that lethal injection has one of the highest rates of "botches" of any execution method used in the US. Its complicated, it requires special training, and its easy to screw up. Interestingly enough, hanging has one of the lowest botch rates. The electric chair was in the middle, and he didn't mention firing squads. I would assume that guillotine wasn't included in the study, since I don't think its been used in the US.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hanging or firing squad. Affordable and time-tested.
    How did it take five posts before someone mentions firing squad on a gun forum? No need to worry about body mass, previous drug use, etc. Plus, you could get a mile long queue of volunteers.
    Assuming there is NO DOUBT that the person is guilty, I say let the victim's family pick out the method of the death sentence. Let them choose from a list! Only thing worse than actually dying is not knowing how.
    Too much like revenge. The court shall impose the sentence, not the victim; capital offenses are no different.

I'm sick of all this whining about if a killer experiences some pain for 30 minutes when they are dying a court ordered death.

I have religious reasons to support capital punishment, but :rules::mods:

As for overturning individual cases, acquittal != "didn't do the crime".

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    In the case of heinous crimes that are deserving of the death penalty, when guilt has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, I do not understand why there is so much concern that the POS receive a merciful death. If they showed no mercy to their victims, I say an eye for an eye.

They should die the same sordid way their victims died. I think if the family wants to participate they should be allowed to.

Punishment should not be easy or gentle. It should hurt like hell. Maybe if reciprocation were a promise there would not be such a disregard for human life in the first place.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Hmmmm...let's see here? The State was conducting a lawful execusion of a criminal rightly convicted of a heinous crime and was apparently proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt...and the guy died as a result!

My understanding was that the guy resisted at the end and the guards (or someone) had to taser him to subdue him in order to get him into the chamber and strap him down. As a result of the conflict, the needle(s) were then inserted into leg veins instead of arm veins...and then the vein(s) ruptured, so not all of the fluids (drugs) fully entered his body in the 'correct' manner as planned! Since you can't really help it when a vein ruptures (apparently the vein walls were weak, keep in mind that physical size and strength of a individual does not constitute heavy or think vein walls) so the State now has a mess on their hands!

So what you all are saying is that the State 'botched' the execution, but they were still successful in their endeavor?

I think I understand now!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I understand the emotional component of wanting to see the person suffer for the crime(s) they commit--especially if it was somebody close to you. Many people would want that revenge, that primal satisfaction that the person got a taste of what they dished out. But the death penalty is supposed to be justice not revenge. And it should be reserved for the most egregious crimes the animals among us can commit.

Top Bottom