Evicted for owning an AR-15 at Bradford Place apartments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    ooh, I'm not locked yet.
    Posted:
    Bradford place apartments allegedly has a policy that allows their maintenance people to go through the personal belongings of their tenants during routine inspections. I'm aware of a pending eviction as a result of this alleged practice. Is this true?

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I can still see one comment about it on the "Stuck on head-turning artwork" post....for now. I've liked several...but most are gone

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Posted this comment on their youtube video:

So do all of The Peak Campus Management companies violate the 2nd and 4th amendments? Or is it just Bradford Place? Also there is a case pending right now where a friend of mine had their personal belongings in his bedroom snooped through!!!!

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I can still see one comment about it on the "Stuck on head-turning artwork" post....for now. I've liked several...but most are gone

Oh, darn, they got it.

That job must SUCK. I mean really...that's what I wanna do on my Saturday night is go and remove posts from a facebook page....lol

I read some review about a tenant getting scabies from an apartment. Ewwwwww

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Nope, secured in a case, zippered up, behind some stuff in a walk in closet.

They had to go snooping around. No one else was aware it was in the closet. It was the inspection people that saw it and ran to the office and said OMG........

Yes, hard to argue that secured in a case, zippered up and unknown is a manner that would threaten or alarm. The question then becomes whether or not your son has been evicted or just asked to leave. I am a little unclear about the current status, but if all he got was a letter saying he would be evicted, it would seem that no damages have accrued. Talk to you lawyer AND follow his advice.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    If you click the "like " button on their Facebook page, it will allow you to comment on their posts. I wonder if they would like 14,000 new fans posting on their page?

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Until they block you from posting, like they did me :D

We'll see how long the post I made stays up.

"When you guys do apartment "inspections", do you rummage through tenants personal property? Also, what is your official position on a tenant posessing a legally owned, cased, firearm?"

:D

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    We'll see how long the post I made stays up.

"When you guys do apartment "inspections", do you rummage through tenants personal property? Also, what is your official position on a tenant posessing a legally owned, cased, firearm?"

:D

Wow! It literally took them less than 5 minutes to remove my post and block me from commenting. I thought it might take longer at this hour of the morning.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I liked them on FB but it wouldn't let me post. I couldn't even read any of them comments on other posts.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I can post on there FB page...I went through a posted "Bradford place apartments allegedly has a policy that allows their maintenance people to go through the personal belongings of their tenants during routine inspections. I'm aware of a pending eviction as a result of this alleged practice. Is this true?"
    on every pic/video and comment I could find.

Top Bottom