• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Bill Tonso, professor emeritus of sociology. I don't know if I have good contact information any more, but Snorko's dad worked with him, and Snorko knows him and may have better current information.

Sadly, looks like he passed away in 2016: William Tonso Obituary - Evansville, IN | Courier Press

He was a prolific writer, having published several books and magazine articles, especially on the gun issue. He was a proud member of the NRA.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Recruiting means work. They'll probably stick to online stuff so they can stay home.

But so many of their potential targets for recruitment will be in one place at one time. Probably not a few ANTIFA participants will be attending as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But so many of their potential targets for recruitment will be in one place at one time. Probably not a few ANTIFA participants will be attending as well.
    Possibly. There was a time when I went to GenCon, when it was in the other state. I know my friends and I would not have been open to a bunch of idiots like those guys though. We were generally all way too smart to do dumb :poop: like that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I could see them recruiting out of towners, but the Great State of Indiana has some laid-back peeps. I am curious as to what put Gen Con on your ANTIFA radar, or vice versa.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Other than their inviting Anita Sarkeesian as a 'guest of honor'?
    Hi I'm Kellyinavon, I'm 53, retired USAF, known associate of the Churchmouse and AllenM. When I ask, "Who?" I really mean it. Google not much help.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Possibly. There was a time when I went to GenCon, when it was in the other state. I know my friends and I would not have been open to a bunch of idiots like those guys though. We were generally all way too smart to do dumb :poop: like that.

I attended in 1980 when it was still in Geneva!

I could see them recruiting out of towners, but the Great State of Indiana has some laid-back peeps. I am curious as to what put Gen Con on your ANTIFA radar, or vice versa.

I was watching a Joe Rogan video with Steven Crowder & Not Gay Jared about when the Jared infiltrated an antifa chapter. It got me to thinking about the kind of people who are drawn to antifa and would be receptive to joining. Then I realized that my mental image and concept matched a significant segment of the diverse group of people who will attend Gen Con. To clarify, I'm neither stating nor implying that everyone who attends Gen Con is an antifa type, but I am saying that a a noticeable portion of them are.

And there's the fact that the people who run Gen Con now are lefty SJW types.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I attended in 1980 when it was still in Geneva!

I was watching a Joe Rogan video with Steven Crowder & Not Gay Jared about when the Jared infiltrated an antifa chapter. It got me to thinking about the kind of people who are drawn to antifa and would be receptive to joining. Then I realized that my mental image and concept matched a significant segment of the diverse group of people who will attend Gen Con. To clarify, I'm neither stating nor implying that everyone who attends Gen Con is an antifa type, but I am saying that a a noticeable portion of them are.

That is sad.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, I asked my son (22, gamer, engineering major) who is Anita Sarkeesian? He said he knew of her and found her annoying.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Various said:
    Who is Anita Sarkeesian?
    This reaction is actually quite heartening, as it proves conclusively how completely irrelevant she is.
    Suffice it to say, she's a whiny self important SJW type that has made a career out of being a professional victim.

Hits the nail on the head quite succinctly.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who is Anita Sarkeesian

This reaction is actually quite heartening, as it proves conclusively how completely irrelevant she is.
    Suffice it to say, she's a whiny self important SJW type that has made a career out of being a professional victim.

Hits the nail on the head quite succinctly.

Yeah I've never heard of her

Thank you for posting these

Briefly, Gamergate piqued my curiosity due to a lot of posting on INGO about/mentioning it. A bit of research led me to conclude

View attachment 68455

But I've avoided belaboring the opinion as didn't want to trigger anyone/anything. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in my perception

Top Bottom