• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I've lived in Evansville all my life....never been a big fan of the cops. Many have such an attitude. Currently myself, Wife and in laws are working on converting a pole barn in rural Spencer County into a house (were still at the interior framing stage now). In about 3 years or so we won't live in Evansville anymore!

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I've lived in Evansville all my life....never been a big fan of the cops. Many have such an attitude. Currently myself, Wife and in laws are working on converting a pole barn in rural Spencer County into a house (were still at the interior framing stage now). In about 3 years or so we won't live in Evansville anymore!
    We have many converted pole barns here in Spencer Co. It seems to be very popular in this area. Good thing is a pole barn usually means good area around it, which translates into a home shooting range. :ar15:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I WANT TO KNOW HOW HARD TARGET WILL TEACH ME TO BE IMPERVIOUS TO HOSTILE FIRE!!!!

(and we're the idiots?)

HARD TARGET Firearms Training; a name that has special meaning to this company and to you the customer. A hard target is a difficult target, a target that is impervious to hostile fire.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The liberals slandering with political bs...not surprised one bit. I can attest and vouch for TF, he's not the "time bomb" those paranoid freaks(liberals) think he is.

Media, only good for pushing their agenda

Interestingly, the person who initially characterized TF as a "time-bomb" was our fellow INGO'er, lrahm. The "media" only reported on lrahms e-mail, they didn't make it up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily agree with that assessment (though, it COULD be spot on - I don't know TF personally) but it is the media's job to report & then it's our job to decide.

Did the paper say anything that wasn't true?

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Only problem with most media reports is that they are reporting opinion and not just the facts. Every side has an expert and every side has their opinions, nobody reports "man performing legal activity is accosted by law enforcement and trouble ensues". Not many papers sold doing that sady.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    But doesn't the reporting of OTHERS opinions constitute a factual reporting of the story?

As long as the paper isn't putting out THEIR opinions in a supposedly factual report (which I didn't see here) I see no problem with reporting others opinions - as long as they are not implied as anything otherwise.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    But doesn't the reporting of OTHERS opinions constitute a factual reporting of the story?

As long as the paper isn't putting out THEIR opinions in a supposedly factual report (which I didn't see here) I see no problem with reporting others opinions - as long as they are not implied as anything otherwise.

Just sayin', the article wasn't published as an opinion/editorial. It was posted as a news piece and points to 'facts' that are not really facts. It omits key information and focuses on only what the writer (or whomever wanted him to write it) wants to public to believe. I call that interjecting their opinion in the worst way.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    So, If they collected evidence that he was OCing to 'make a point' , did they just prove that the act of OCing is a form of political speech?
    If the Gun is legal & the law says he can carry it, it is the same as people doing "sit ins" and other acts that are forms of speech..

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    So, If they collected evidence that he was OCing to 'make a point' , did they just prove that the act of OCing is a form of political speech?
    If the Gun is legal & the law says he can carry it, it is the same as people doing "sit ins" and other acts that are forms of speech..

Get that logic out of here! NOW! :laugh:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Only if the opinions of assorted 'experts' is the subject of the article which is highly suspect as there was no mention of their general opinions, only those regarding one particular incident.

Factual reporting answers the questions of 'who, what, when, where, why, and how'. Whether or not is should be done can only be addressed in terms of the existing law and still be factual reporting. Anything beyond that is opinion.

No, I don't buy into the idea that finding 'experts' with opinions parallel with those of the editors and printing them as quotes and not direct opinions of the editorial staff is a valid position from which to claim not presenting opinion. It is very much like straw purchases of firearms.

Edit: Calling Ben a fool doesn't sound like the work of a publication attempting to deliver factual content. Even if I could not attest to the fact that Ben is not a fool (which I can in fact attest to the fact that he is not a fool) I would still consider it to be journalism in its poorest, most base form which serves to prove once again the the C&P staff spend too much time under the mayor's desk, regardless of who may be mayor at any given time.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Didn't think of it that way. If such a ruling is made it would be interesting in how it is applied in other states trying to legalize open carry (or carry at all). Of course it would have to get to a higher court for it to be of any real use but if the City appeals a ruling against them and the higher court affirms it...

Top Bottom