Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Guy, have you see this post? Just thought you might be interested in a rebuttal.

hwcmf
    "Relford needs to check his client's BMV and criminal history within the past 12 months. He might be surprised by what he sees!"​

None of that would be relevent to the case in any way I wouldn't think. (So what if he was caught speeding while doing lines of coke on the dashboard with a stripper and a goat in the car.) :n00b:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Anyone else that is posting on the C&P site notice that when one of us posts facts, statistics, etc, it is either outright ignored, or downplayed with a deflection?

VERY telling eh?

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I just finished a 4 day stint on Jury duty down here, and the Judge that I had was a really good guy. I was actually impressed with the whole process. The chairs in the court are uncomfortable though so be prepared.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, look at this utter garbage from the C&P comments:

Evanspatch writes:

Ben (aka Barney Fife) was within his rights to wear his little gun. I also am within my right to call 911 every time I see a person with a gun in a public place and I urge all other citizens to do so. I have no idea if someone with a gun has a permit or not. If you have it concealed properly, then no one is the wiser. So every 50 feet someone else sees you and dials 911, you will have a very interesting afternoon. We're both within our rights. I won't take away your rights, I presume you don't object to me using mine.

My response:
    44 States allow Open Carry, and Indiana has been one for YEARS. I cant fathom why you all are suddenly up in arms about it NOW.
    Looks like I need to repost this, again:

"The 2006 FBI study "Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation's Law Enforcement Officers" by Anthony Pinizzotto revealed that criminals carefully conceal their firearms, and they eschew the use of holsters."
    "In layman's terms, this report tells us that, statistically speaking, citizens who are openly wearing a properly holstered handgun and are willing to subject themselves to the intense public and law enforcement scrutiny that open carry brings with it are not criminals."
    ---

You can try your little 911 stunt if you want, but I would bet it would backfire on you. Eventually 911 would get tired of wasting resources on false calls, and start having their Operators inform citizens that Open Carry is legal in Indiana. (again, as it has been for YEARS)

Not sure if that would really happen, but it's wishful thinking eh? :D

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Wow, look at this utter garbage from the C&P comments:

My response:

Not sure if that would really happen, but it's wishful thinking eh? :D

I've had a few back and forths with that same poster in that thread. And your right, the more logical and factual you are, they either ignore it , or resort to name calling. I have tried to keep my responses civil, so as to not affect readers that are sitting on the fence. But I really would like to just flame the living :poop: out of some of those idiots.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've had a few back and forths with that same poster in that thread. And your right, the more logical and factual you are, they either ignore it , or resort to name calling. I have tried to keep my responses civil, so as to not affect readers that are sitting on the fence. But I really would like to just flame the living :poop: out of some of those idiots.

I hear you!

What's worse is the people that claim to be gun owners too, but are bashing the crap out of Open Carriers. :xmad:

I would like to see them post just ONE story where a criminal walked into a bank, convenience store, etc, openly carrying, THEN robbed it. It just doesn't happen! The FBI study backs that up, but these sheeple, even the gun owners, believe the anti gun media hype they have been fed. :n00b:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I dont know if it has been brought up or not, but bad things do happen at Zoos. I remember when that tiger got out in san fransico and killed 1 and injured 3 or 4. Maybe that can be brought up to the idiots that think nothing can happen at a "family" oriented place where guns have no place.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I dont know if it has been brought up or not, but bad things do happen at Zoos. I remember when that tiger got out in san fransico and killed 1 and injured 3 or 4. Maybe that can be brought up to the idiots that think nothing can happen at a "family" oriented place where guns have no place.
    Those things and the links to the stories have been posted in the comment section of the Courier but they just keep ignoring the facts that bad things can happen anywhere

Harry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Hey Ladys & Gents:

Guess what some towns and cities have found out. The newly created Chapter 35-47-11-1 does not prevent political subdivisions from regulating and enforcing the prohibition or restriction of the intentional display of firearms at public meetings.

The City of Bloomington, IN., has amended their Bloomington Municipal Code Section 2.04.225 to comply with SEA 292.

http://bloomington.in.gov/media/media/application/pdf/10086.pdf

So, much for open carry on municipal property!

Top Bottom