• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Sorry, but dealing with "ignorant buyers" should be an opportunity for a gun shop, not a cause for ridicule.

I don't expect to be greeted like a long-lost relative, but ignoring a potential customer while talking with the "good ole boys" who are chewing their cud is just plain bad business.

The one time I went to Elmore's, I was looking for a tuckable holster. The guy who tried to help me didn't know what "tuckable" meant.

I too am unfamiliar with the "tuckable holster". Is it by chance the same thing as "inside the waistband"?

Joe

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I went back today and checked out the 1911 selection. There gun selection was good. But not to impressive. Plainfield Shooting Supplies has just as good of a selection. All the workers and cops were sitting in there just shooting the crap. Some guy who is i guess the new guy helped me out. He was the only person who acknowledged me. He showed me what glass cabinets have new guns and used guns. Told me to browse around and let him know if i wanted to see something. Better expierence then last time.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I'vw been to Elmoe's twice.Once while looking for an AR repair part that no one else in the area had in stock and another time just to look around. Not a pleasant experience. No one even asked me if I needed help. I tried to get some help by asking to see a gun & they acted as if they were doing me a favor just to get the gun out of the case. I could hardy breathe from the cigarette smoke. No problem - I will not return. I don't need to be pampered but I like to be treated respectfully.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    The only thing keeping that place going is the fact that they are carrying higher end stuff... all it will take is a better shop to up their inventory and Elmores will be in trouble. It happens all the time in retail.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Elmore's is the only place I could find my Sig p226 Elite. Nobody else even had a p226, much less the dark elite. I got a heck of a deal on it too, and I didn't feel mistreated.

Even if I leave and they snicker about me, I don't really care. I got in, got what I wanted, and got out. :) The first time I went there and picked up my XDm I did ask a lot of questions so I'm sure they probably did chuckle at me as I left - not upset about it - glad I could be entertaining :).

Try Gunbroker......there are plenty of 226 Elites. I have not gotten burned once on GB. As far as on here or LGS, well that is a different story.:twocents:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I too am unfamiliar with the "tuckable holster". Is it by chance the same thing as "inside the waistband"?

Joe

All tuckable holsters are IWB, but not all IWB are tuckable.

Here's a tuckable: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Here's an IWB that's not tuckable: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Try Gunbroker......there are plenty of 226 Elites. I have not gotten burned once on GB. As far as on here or LGS, well that is a different story.:twocents:

When I looked at gun broker + shipping + the fee any FFL around here will charge me to have it shipped to them/me to pick it up (usually $25 or so), I came out cheaper getting it directly from Elmore's.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    When I looked at gun broker + shipping + the fee any FFL around here will charge me to have it shipped to them/me to pick it up (usually $25 or so), I came out cheaper getting it directly from Elmore's.

That is what I figure in also. I only get charged $15 for a transfer so I factor in the shipping as well. I figure in all that versus the 7% sales tax that I would pay. A lot of the time(99%) GB has far and away the best deals. I also sell guns on GB with a lot better luck on there vs. on here. People on here are a lot more reluctant to pay for a higher-end gun. I sold my PSL for $375 more on GB versus what I had it on here listed.:ingo:

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    My feelings about Elmo's is "why would I ever go there again". There are many other gun shops that actually WANT my business.

The bottom line is that "yes, I am doing you a favor by shopping/spending my money in your shop"....I will not be treated poorly you or your employees if you want my business.

Guess I'm just old school that way....I EXPECT and will RECEIVE service with a smile or I will do business elsewhere.

-G

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    My $.02 Worth

I had pretty much the same experience. I was looking for a holster for my new Sig and went to Elmore's. No one made any motion to come out to assist me in finding what I was looking for and after looking around at the racks for several minutes, I went up to the counter where the guy just stared at me until I started talking. I asked if they had anything for a Sig 2022 and he said "No.". No offer to order something or anything. I'm heading over to Beech Grove Firearms tomorrow to talk to those guys. They treat you like they want your business and are always helpful. I have a choice where I spend my money so needless to say, I won't be going back to Elmore's.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I'm heading over to Beech Grove Firearms tomorrow to talk to those guys. They treat you like they want your business and are always helpful.

I'm not sure I'd describe the attention at BGF as "helpful." I think over-bearing would be a better description. The moment you walk in the door there, they immediately begin to beat on you to buy something. The last time I was there (I'll never go back), the old guy told me, after brow-beating me about what I wanted to buy, and me telling him I was just looking, "the guns aren't in the case for you to look at....we SELL them."

That was all I needed to scratch them off the list. Between Beech Grove and Elmore's, Elmore's wins every time.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I had pretty much the same experience. I was looking for a holster for my new Sig and went to Elmore's. No one made any motion to come out to assist me in finding what I was looking for and after looking around at the racks for several minutes, I went up to the counter where the guy just stared at me until I started talking. I asked if they had anything for a Sig 2022 and he said "No.". No offer to order something or anything. I'm heading over to Beech Grove Firearms tomorrow to talk to those guys. They treat you like they want your business and are always helpful. I have a choice where I spend my money so needless to say, I won't be going back to Elmore's.

To be honest, I would suggest reading reviews on various holsters and picking the one you think will meet your needs the best - then calling around to see if you can find one.

I ended up ordering mine online after researching a lot as I knew what to expect and didn't have to deal with trying to find it in a shop :).

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    To be honest, I would suggest reading reviews on various holsters and picking the one you think will meet your needs the best - then calling around to see if you can find one.

I ended up ordering mine online after researching a lot as I knew what to expect and didn't have to deal with trying to find it in a shop :).

Agreed... depending on what you want/are looking for some of the big box stores such as Gander have quite a few in stock that you can take a look at (you won't find a wide variety of hybrids in there, etc but they did have a some King Tuks in stock) , but I would definitely read up and order online, as the prices will most certainly be better on holsters online.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I'm not sure I'd describe the attention at BGF as "helpful." I think over-bearing would be a better description. The moment you walk in the door there, they immediately begin to beat on you to buy something. The last time I was there (I'll never go back), the old guy told me, after brow-beating me about what I wanted to buy, and me telling him I was just looking, "the guns aren't in the case for you to look at....we SELL them."

That was all I needed to scratch them off the list. Between Beech Grove and Elmore's, Elmore's wins every time.

Some of that is this thing we call sarcasm. Those guys at BGF are great.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I only went to Elmore's once and that was all I needed to see. Didn't think the staff was very friendly, better options that are much closer to my house for me.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    It is a much more pleasant experience visiting Elmore's with my wife by my side. And as far as BGF (as well as PSS), they have treated me, my wife, and my father with the utmost respect. Without their humor they would be just another "gun shop".

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    Elmores is the closest place to me... like 5 minutes close. They arent the most personable but they didnt do anything to upset me. They seemed about twice the size or more of bgf.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I was in Elmore's yesterday for the first time in quite a while. Russ has several new guys working there. For the most part, they lacked personal interaction skills, just like nearly everyone who works in a gun store in Central Indiana, but they did seem to be trying to help. Inventory was very good (the best in the Indy area, as always.) Store was packed with people, many of whom were there to buy (always something this former gun store owner notices.) All in all, the best experience I've yet had there.

Top Bottom