• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've been doing business with Russ and the boys at Elmores for years.
    I'm old school. I'm there for a quality product and I get it.
    I get professional experience there. Real shooters across the board. Real GUN men. Been there...Done that guys. Go head to head with them punching holes or banging steel and chances are real good you'll end up on the short end.
    No shop is perfect. I've heard all the complaints about them before. Cigars, attitude, etc. It's all true on some days. I'm not there to make friends though I have a met a couple of very good guys there.
    The smoke doesn't bother me. It's a free environment and their business. IF you don't like shop elsewhere.
    Many of the other shops around have "wannabe's" and I'm sure not going to a shop trying to sell me a bunch of inferior firearms and accessories. Might as well shop with DON in that case.
    I shop almost all the Indy area gun shops when I'm in the area. I usually know what I want or at least what I'm in the mood for.
    None of them are perfect. Some of the above shops have tried to stick me in the arse before. I hold no grudges and won't bad mouth them. It's my responsibility and choice where I shop and spend my $$.
    I've got lousy service at most of the above shops before.
    Not everytime I walk into a shop do I get treated properly. ANY SHOP.
    Overall Elmore's Guns has been great to me. Not perfect but still do a darned good job.
    Bradis usually treats me fine too. Not perfect by any means. Not all my experiences there have been good ones.
    Beech Grove has been the same way. Good but not perfect also.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    If you dont mind a good drive out into the woods down here in Martinsville there is a Store on HallSchool Rd. just off of, I think its 142, If you take 67 down and turn like your going to monrovia just a few miles up there will be a big intersection just turn left and follow that road until you pass through wilbur then be on the look out on the right for Hallschool Rd. Just turn and follow it until you see the store on the right. Butch is the manager hes also a cool old man with lots of great hunting stories he may have his dog with him but shes just as friendly as he is. The adress is 7270 Hallschool Rd. Martinsville, IN 46151 it would probably be best to map quest it than take my shoddy direcions to heart.

Guns & Ordnance... Prices are a little higher than other stores in the area but they are truly great folk and stand up guys. I was in there twice last week.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Elomore's

I echo this response...I have been treated fairly there though I dont agree with some of the things that are said there...they do have a very free environment there and it is not a place for the easily offended...I do believe that they have pretty competitive prices and a very good selection...they will negotiate with you on prices a little bit on some items and some if not most of the people are very knowledgeable and helpful
    I've been doing business with Russ and the boys at Elmores for years.
    I'm old school. I'm there for a quality product and I get it.
    I get professional experience there. Real shooters across the board. Real GUN men. Been there...Done that guys. Go head to head with them punching holes or banging steel and chances are real good you'll end up on the short end.
    No shop is perfect. I've heard all the complaints about them before. Cigars, attitude, etc. It's all true on some days. I'm not there to make friends though I have a met a couple of very good guys there.
    The smoke doesn't bother me. It's a free environment and their business. IF you don't like shop elsewhere.
    Many of the other shops around have "wannabe's" and I'm sure not going to a shop trying to sell me a bunch of inferior firearms and accessories. Might as well shop with DON in that case.
    I shop almost all the Indy area gun shops when I'm in the area. I usually know what I want or at least what I'm in the mood for.
    None of them are perfect. Some of the above shops have tried to stick me in the arse before. I hold no grudges and won't bad mouth them. It's my responsibility and choice where I shop and spend my $$.
    I've got lousy service at most of the above shops before.
    Not everytime I walk into a shop do I get treated properly. ANY SHOP.
    Overall Elmore's Guns has been great to me. Not perfect but still do a darned good job.
    Bradis usually treats me fine too. Not perfect by any means. Not all my experiences there have been good ones.
    Beech Grove has been the same way. Good but not perfect also.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I have had nothing but poor experiences with Elmore's. Both with product and service. I finally decided to never go back after watching them antagonize a customer who was new to firearms and just politely asking questions about things he wasn't familiar with. It was very hard to stomach. I coudlnt believe someone who has a business that sells guns wouldn't take the time to be polite and earn a customer for life. Instead they just made him feel like an idiot for asking. Made no sense. When the customer left, I told him about Plainfield Shooting Supplies and Indy Trading Post. I know they both treat their customers right.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    selling style

This is their selling style..they sell from an expert point of view which seems condescending but i havent been given much wrong info there..you are absolutely right about indy trading post ..they are very nice there but some of the staff are not so knowledgeable...young kid did not even know the brand of one of the firearms when I was there....gun shops all have their own personality and it is not a place for the thin-skinned
    I have had nothing but poor experiences with Elmore's. Both with product and service. I finally decided to never go back after watching them antagonize a customer who was new to firearms and just politely asking questions about things he wasn't familiar with. It was very hard to stomach. I coudlnt believe someone who has a business that sells guns wouldn't take the time to be polite and earn a customer for life. Instead they just made him feel like an idiot for asking. Made no sense. When the customer left, I told him about Plainfield Shooting Supplies and Indy Trading Post. I know they both treat their customers right.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I don't buy the BS that since they are "experts" they should treat their customers poorly. They might have more training than your average civillian around here, but I've been to shops and gun stores staffed by people who have served in US Army SF. They always treated everyone with respect, and I've found the guys who actually walk the walk, never need to put others down about it. Those who try to talk down or brag about training they have done, usually haven't actually done anything and they have to lie to others in order to believe it themselves. (not saying they didn't get the civillian training, talking about never actually doing anything REAL with it)

Many times I've come across people that take a few civillian "operator" courses and think that it somehow puts them on the same level as military, or even better SF. I find it laughable. I don't care if you get instruction from a former delta, seal, green beret or whatever, you aren't on their level until you live the life. Being a good shot is one thing, but being fake and acting like an operator annoys the hell out of me.

I went back in today and inquired about my firearm. They will bring it back in a week or so as is and I'll just take it somewhere else or just fix it myself. I was told that it IS NORMAL for a rifle to take months and months to be fixed. I asked why they never called me after they realized it might take longer than two weeks and I was told that they don't bother calling because there's nothing to say. I don't like working with lazy people. I hate paying money to lazy people even more. If this is their attitude then it's too bad I'm going to have to drive a little further to get decent stuff for the range.

You can buy anything you want from anyone these days. The reason I like to do buisness with local shops is because of the people. When the people are sour to me I don't feel bad at all about ordering online. If they are listening to this stuff and are upset, well I hope they take part of this to heart and understand I'm not the only one who has recieved poor service by (or through) them. If they want to maximize profits and be respected, then they need to start doing right by people.

Not saying that any of these guys don't have experience as operators in SF units of different branches, or they aren't the best at shooting, I'm say that it's completely irrelivant to customer service. We are talking about being professional.

All the way!

Last edited:

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Update, they called me today, said the rifle was already done and should be available monday. I guess the entire bolt had to be rebuilt and I guess the parts were slow to order from Savage. They are discounting the repair by 50%. I've been told that they are no longer doing repairs because of the long wait time. If they would have told me the problems to begin with I think it would have been a lot easier to be patient.

I'll take my rifle to the range as soon as possible. If it doesn't blow up in my face I think I would be able to go back.

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Potty Mouth Elmores

:noway::noway: My wife and I were in the Greenwood area today and stopped in at Elmores for the first and LAST time. We were in there maybe 10 min. and one of the guys behind the counter must have only had one word in his vocabulary and it was the F word. I felt bad for my wife having to listen to this. How RUDE can some people be. I am just glad my daughter was not with me.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    The best place to get a gun re-blued is at the factory. For instance Colt only charges $300 to do a 1911 and can do blue or nickle finish. Essentially you'll get back a like new gun.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    This is their selling style..they sell from an expert point of view which seems condescending but i havent been given much wrong info there..you are absolutely right about indy trading post ..they are very nice there but some of the staff are not so knowledgeable...young kid did not even know the brand of one of the firearms when I was there....gun shops all have their own personality and it is not a place for the thin-skinned

I know the young man that your speaking of and he is there because his dad works there and he wants to help and learn about the business. I am sure that you miss understood as they have the "brand" or as most of us call it the "manufacturer" listed on the sales tags for even those of us that need help with this. In other words, he's learning and we should be appriciative that this young man is interested in firearms and wanting to learn more from those that do have the knowledge.
    His ignorance should also not be reflected on the other employees there as I know for fact that they have some very knowledgable guys working there.

:yesway: to James ("young kid") for his ambition to learn more about firearms!!!!

If you haven't checked out Indy Trading Post, give them a try!!! Brian said that his gun range will be open in the next few weeks and will be for handgun ammo use weapons up to I beleive, 45acp!!!

2008blackwrx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Been to Elmore's a few times and every time I go they seem to not have time for me and my money..... I just assume buy my stuff elsewhere

Couldnt agree with you more. A couple buddies who are IMPD reccomended this place, and it seemed they wanted to sit around and talk BS rather than sell something.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been in there a couple of times and had terrible service both times. Very arrogant people. So I bought elsewhere. Definately would not buy anything from them.

same as every time i have been in there.. they have a great store, but terrible customer service from all employees i have encountered

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    WOW sorry to her you guys have had a bad experience. I love Elmores they always treat me great. More often than not if I stop in around lunch time they offer me a sandwich or something from the fridge...:dunno:

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Picked up the rifle last week. They cut the parts and labor bill by 50% for the wait. I was a little surprised that it was finished. Haven't had time to take it to a range and try it out, but the bolt seems to be in working order.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Picked up the rifle last week. They cut the parts and labor bill by 50% for the wait. I was a little surprised that it was finished. Haven't had time to take it to a range and try it out, but the bolt seems to be in working order.

Thanks for closing the loop.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I spent the day in Indy today, and I made Elmore's the last stop on the way home. It was my first trip in, and I had heard the rumors that they weren't the friendliest folks sometimes. Rumor confirmed. There was this little clique of guys that seemed only interested in themselves and which one could out F bomb the other. I was just about to head out the door when the older gentleman working there came over and saved the day. He was polite, helpful, and encouraged me to handle what I was interested in.

Long story short, I walked out with a new wheel gun because that gentleman was willing to negotiate. He gave me a heck of a price on what I wanted. I'll call it a positive experience and I'll go back until they give me a reason not to.

Top Bottom