• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I pretty much burned an entire Saturday shopping for a new gun, and Elmore's was the last shop I went to. I received the typical rude treatment when I hit the door, but being a little bit weary from wandering all over town, I pretty much gave them a little attitude right back.

They had the gun I had been searching for all day, but I didn't like their listed price. I told the older gentleman that finally waited on me that I had enough cash on me to choke a mule, and I would whip it out if he came off that high price. His attitude changed a little bit, and the price changed a lot. I ended up making the purchase.

If you can put up with the initial B.S. from them, maybe the secret to dealing with Elmore's is you need to be a wee bit of a punk yourself.

Having spent a day hitting gun shops with you, I would have loved to be there for this exchange. HA! :D

dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    I dont know about Duracoat but they were awesome yesterday. I stopped in with my Kimber Crimson Carry and asked if they could put some night sights on it for me. Even though the place was crawlin' with customers they said they would. I left my gun with them and returned in about an hour and it was done. Great guys, and that is the only reason I drive to Greenwood from Greensburg to get what I need from a gunshop. Thanks Elmores!

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    It drives me crazy (short drive ) that they hide the price tags under the gun so now the customer needs "assistance" just to get a price . Ask to many questions about what should be clearly marked, and you're '' playing'' with them. It's a terrible system and I don't know how they stay in the black.

They recently added more cases for the handguns, and you can now see the tags. The guns are not stacked like cordwood either now. I only looked at a couple of prices, but they were decent prices. They had an M&P Pro 9mm for $585 unless that 5 was a 6 which is the best price I have seen anywhere.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    i was in there today for approx 20 mins, not one person greeted me and they werent even busy! Decided to take my money elswhere. Rude rude rude people there! :noway::noway::noway:

ai was in a few week ago with my wife, maybe three people around the display cases, two or three out on the floor area... did not see anyone greet anyone or my wife or eye. People at the counter are were all together with the employees talking. I was not mad but a "hey how's it going" does go a long way".

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I love this place. I have bought a lot of guns from them over the years; however, I have been in a lot more times without buying anything, just to hang out with them. I am not a LEO, but they are always happy to have be hang out and just kill time.

They have also done a lot of work on guns for me without charging anything.

If you go in and ask one of the regular employees a question, chances are you will get helpful answers and probably strike up a good conversation.

When it comes to 1911s and black rifles, there is no other gun shop in the area with the same selection.

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    I love this place. I have bought a lot of guns from them over the years; however, I have been in a lot more times without buying anything, just to hang out with them. I am not a LEO, but they are always happy to have be hang out and just kill time.

If you go in and ask one of the regular employees a question, chances are you will get helpful answers and probably strike up a good conversation.

When it comes to 1911s and black rifles, there is no other gun shop in the area with the same selection.

Elmores is one of the few gunshops that I frequent where the owners/employees actually know something about shooting. I first got acquainted with Elmores from a carbine class at Boone co.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just read through all of the post, and I have to admit I am one of the LEO's you probably see in there often between calls or before I go on shift. Hey its in my district, might as well be there and not out burning city gas or JBTing people. Introduce yourself and I will be more than happy to chat with you and try to make you feel appreciated.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I am glad to hear that there have been some changes. The next time a "must have" needs to be hunted down and picked up, I will at least put them on the list when it's time to go gun store hopping :twocents: :ar15:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

I have to say that I recently made a firearms purchase at Elmore's, dealt with Jason, he did knock off a decent amt. of money on the firearm that I purchased, I was in the night before looking for a Troy battle grip, started looking at at the guns, found one I could no longer live without. Anyway I was treated right the first night I went in, so I came back the following evening to make my purchase.

Top Bottom