• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    If you get Russ cornered away from his Vietnam buddies, he's an interesting and very intelligent man. And he well knows his way around any catagory of firearm. But I'm not ex-military, so that hasn't happened but a handfull of times. I have -no- time for his son.

I've given Russ a lot of my money over the last 14 years and I still get treated like an outsider. For that reason last year I decided to stop my excercise in insanity - You know: doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The store does seem to suffer from a lack of class and etiquette. I don't mind, because I have been known to curse a blue streak on occasion, but there were two ladies in the store while I was there, and the half-dozen clowns behind the counter were swearing like sailors.

Normally, supporting a place with a somewhat negative environment isn't something I would do, but I just couldn't walk away from the deal that gentleman gave me. He beat the other shops prices I visited by a wide margin.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    What I've read in this thread pretty-much sums up Elmore's. If you're expecting to be treated professionally, with courtesy, and as a valued customer, go elsewhere. If you can live without all of that, they do often offer the best deals you'll find in Indy. You just have to be willing to be treated like **** to get them......

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    sadly

this is true...i tell people if you want the best deal then go to elmores but you cant be thin skinned....it is like going into a locker room
    What I've read in this thread pretty-much sums up Elmore's. If you're expecting to be treated professionally, with courtesy, and as a valued customer, go elsewhere. If you can live without all of that, they do often offer the best deals you'll find in Indy. You just have to be willing to be treated like **** to get them......

Terry Barker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I have had a very good experience when dealing with Elmores...also Bradis, PSS etc. When I went in to Elmores to purchase mags etc to send to a friends son serving in Afganistan they gave me as much as I payed for when they heard where it was going. They ask about the young man everytime I stop in. With their support of our service men/women, LE I'll continue to shop there.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    wow

this is a +1 for elmores....
    I have had a very good experience when dealing with Elmores...also Bradis, PSS etc. When I went in to Elmores to purchase mags etc to send to a friends son serving in Afganistan they gave me as much as I payed for when they heard where it was going. They ask about the young man everytime I stop in. With their support of our service men/women, LE I'll continue to shop there.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well

+1 for this ...get a good deal but if you think it will be like a trip to the therapist then you will sorely disappointed

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It's been years since I've been in there, but I was looking for an AR part, went in after work. I will have too say that Jason and George were both very helpful, let me look at the 2 firearms that I wanted too see and answered all my questions. They may just win me back as a customer.

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    I bought my first gun from Elmore's at their fomer location a little closer to County Line Rd. (around 1996 I think) I went in there a few weeks ago with the intention of buying a new pistol and a shotgun. It's not even really a gun shop.... It's a moose lodge with a Federal Firearms License. The whole time I was in there, the show case was blocked by fat old guys that were just hanging out, smoking cigars. Maybe they have good priced but I wouldn't know because I never got to see a single gun. Not one time did anyone ask me if I needed any help. Obviously, they don't need my money, so I won't be back. It's a shame too as it's really close to my house......

Last edited:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    they wont ever be handling any of my business.. since im not in their "good ol boys club" of LEO's that hang out there or military buddies, i have gotten treated like crap when in the store. so i take my money to Bradis or ITP where i get the customer service that i feel i deserve when spending several hundreds of dollars on a firearm

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    A little birdie told me I was mentioned in a conversation in there just the other day. The topic was about how stupid I was on how I handled the idiot who threatened me with 3 of my knives at the Tipton show which was over a year ago. That makes me really feel invited to shop there.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    A little birdie told me I was mentioned in a conversation in there just the other day. The topic was about how stupid I was on how I handled the idiot who threatened me with 3 of my knives at the Tipton show which was over a year ago. I would love to talk with these men myself.
    Maybe I should go there and introduce myself. ;)

Can I be there when you do it? :):

Brad C.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Martinsville
    i was in there today for approx 20 mins, not one person greeted me and they werent even busy! Decided to take my money elswhere. Rude rude rude people there! :noway::noway::noway:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I go in there quite often for parts and have bought a couple guns there but don't ever feel 'mistreated'. I have usually always been greeted and asked if there is anything I want to see. The regulars sitting around in front of the cases can get annoying. You wouldn't have to worry about response time though, when I was in last week there were three uniformed officers in there shooting the bull. I worked in a gun store for ten years up in MI and the only time we saw a uniform was when we called one. It was likely their lunchtime or something so they can spend it however they like, i've gone to places on my lunch too.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    It drives me crazy (short drive ) that they hide the price tags under the gun so now the customer needs "assistance" just to get a price . Ask to many questions about what should be clearly marked, and you're '' playing'' with them. It's a terrible system and I don't know how they stay in the black.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It drives me crazy (short drive ) that they hide the price tags under the gun so now the customer needs "assistance" just to get a price . Ask to many questions about what should be clearly marked, and you're '' playing'' with them. It's a terrible system and I don't know how they stay in the black.

I pretty much burned an entire Saturday shopping for a new gun, and Elmore's was the last shop I went to. I received the typical rude treatment when I hit the door, but being a little bit weary from wandering all over town, I pretty much gave them a little attitude right back.

They had the gun I had been searching for all day, but I didn't like their listed price. I told the older gentleman that finally waited on me that I had enough cash on me to choke a mule, and I would whip it out if he came off that high price. His attitude changed a little bit, and the price changed a lot. I ended up making the purchase.

If you can put up with the initial B.S. from them, maybe the secret to dealing with Elmore's is you need to be a wee bit of a punk yourself.

Top Bottom