• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    People are just going nuts! I pray for all my nieces and nephews and their children and all my friends and their children every day. The world is getting scarier by the day. Please hug and love your kids and teach them to be alert.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When 18 little kids are murdered in a school I wish people wouldn't instantly use it as an opening to expound on why guns should be outlawed, or to argue against gun free zones or for teachers carrying in school. It was a very sick man who said never let a tragedy go to waste. A few hours after a tragedy is a time to mourn, not to make political points.

Yes, of course but those of us who are not directly involved will be venting in different ways. I am beyond furious at this but who do I grab...ideas.....I and others in this thread will of course be grieving. If it were my grand daughter (kindergartner) my mind would shatter with grief. I can not begin to imagine.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It will probably be a while before they have a solid answer as to what happened and why. But I really don't think something like this would have been diverted if guns were allowed on the premise. This person was obviously not right. Gun zone or gun free zone, they killed defenseless kids. It was beyond what the states gun law says is legal. Allowing to carry in an area where a place can be robbed my deter would-be criminals. But at a school, this person already had their own deathwish written. But, if teachers were allowed to carry, maybe it would have been less. But more than 1 shot is already too many.
    Not to get too far off topic, but I don't many proponents of allowing carrying in school by teachers and administrators are arguing that it will stop somebody on a suicide mission. It will only stop things from being so serious.

Shootings in public, gun-free zones, especially schools, seem to be an epidemic that has slowly increased over the last couple decades. Unfortunately, I fear it will only get worse until the course is changed. I think a very important change is to change the headlines from "25 Dead In Elementary School Shooting" to "2 Dead, Including The Gunman, In Attempted School Shooting". Even if the carrying of firearms by school teachers and administrators isn't 100% successful at preventing loss of life, I feel that it will be 100% successful at decreasing loss of life.

If I were a teacher, I would gladly stand up and fire my carry weapon at a gunman, sacrificing my own life to save the lives of my students. And I think many teachers would do the same if we would allow them to. But alas people that think they know best have continuously moved in the direction that makes this type of thing easier and even "common" in some ways. That is desipcable.

My wife is an elementary school teacher. She has her LTCH and she occasionally carries (but not to school). I certainly want to see her come home every day. But given the possible outcome of her not coming home and her entire class being murdered, vs her sacrificing herself for the well-being of her students as she returns fire, I will proudly stand with my head held high and take the 2nd option. But that's just me.

ETA for clarity, my wife does not carry to school as my first respose could have led some to believe.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Prayers and thoughts have already been sent to the families who have lost a loved one.
    There are no words to describe this tragedy. The shooter got off too easy. He should have had to face his maker in prison.
    The hardest part of this is there are kids involved. The holiday season will never be the same for the families. The joy is gone.

God bless the families and the victims.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    The shooter's mother and father both found dead in there homes also.

Dave
    I read his mother was a teacher at the school and he killed her there along with students in her class. but at this point there are a lot of conflicting reports, it'll be a while before it gets sorted out I suppose. Right now all I care about is that in 12 minutes I am going to pick up my 3 kids from their elementary school and hug them.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Prayers and thoughts have already been sent to the families who have lost a loved one.
    There are no words to describe this tragedy. The shooter got off too easy. He should have had to face his maker in prison.
    The hardest part of this is there are kids involved. The holiday season will never be the same for the families. The joy is gone.

God bless the families and the victims.
    This ^^^

A joyous time of the year is forever ruined for hundreds of people because of the thoughtless, careless actions of a single person...

The personal testimonials of people that have lost somebody, especially a child, and especially around the holidays is that the holiday season will NEVER be the same again... not that it needs to be said or even emphasized, but many, many prayers to those affected by this horrible tragedy.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Great, now they are going to immediately get their gun ban passed. Now the victims are grade school children, and who wouldn't feel bad enough about that to want to pass a new law? The ONLY reason we didn't get a new law after the theater shooting was because it was before a presidential election.

The question once again will be "Why do you need guns that reload quickly, since they make mass murder much easier than it should be". What will be our response? I guess we have to ask why the teachers weren't armed to stop this?

Last edited:

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I don't see a problem with that. :dunno: Kids as late as the mid' 90's in some areas were bringing shotguns and rifles to school and putting them in their lockers/car/trucks to go hunting later.

Yup. But that was then and things were clearly different. In my high school we had guns in our cars cause that was the way of life. In my opinion, a big difference is that given the realness of movies and video games kids now have a more difficult time differentiating between what's real and what's fake.

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I think that's what most of the parents say when it happens at their children's schools. But my question is "why?" Why didn't you think it would happen at your child's school? No criticism, just curious.

What's a "real" problem? if it's just being around some kids goofing off with a firearm, then leaving and telling an adult will be about all he can do (and should do, yes). And of course it's a wonderful idea to make sure he knows to do this.

But what happens when shots get fired and someone is intent on causing harm? Ain't a darn thing you can tell him to do except listen to his teacher's instructions because he isn't going to have the autonomy to make his own choices.* And as the parent, you (generally speaking all parents, not anyone in particular) are stuck waiting for the melee to subside and LE to get things under control. You'll be watching from the "safe" side of the "police line: do no cross" tape.

*If the student is older, perhaps he can make his own decision and act on it. BUt what's he gonna do?

I never thought it couldn't happen regardless of what school he goes to. I just didn't expect it. I was also surprised I didn't find out about it for 2 weeks. Unfortunately as today's events and even the events at the Amish school a few years ago demonstrate it can certainly happen anywhere. But for me that doesn't make it any easier to hear about it. Just glad it was a BB gun this time.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    WTF has society degenerated into.

I personally blame liberalism. This is were society goes when you throw at the moral compass, any semblance of personal responsibility, and your failures are always somebody else's fault.

I also agree this will be used to push for gun control, when the right answer IS to require and train teachers to shoot back. Instead we train them to lock down and make sure no victims can escape! Instead of training them to run away from the shots. After this is what Isreal did, and it stopped most of the mass shootings (Just not the rain of rockets).

Perhaps we should ban murder!!! Oh wait.......
    Okay, we won't allow guns on school premises!!! Oh wait......
    I know we'll require background checks to buy guns!!! Oh wait.....

Can we just address reality and understand that crazy F#$%$%S will always be crazy F##$#@S and will try to kill people and protect ourselves from them. Nope!! That would violate the rights of crazy murderous F@#$@#$S

Instead we will ban guns, let crazy murderers out of jail because they are full, and kill some evil un-born babies because giving a mass murdered the death penalty (fair trial and first class hanging style) is wrong.

Liberalism is the cancer that is killing the country. It is the best tool of evil and communism to pave the road to heck with good intentions.

No responsibility, and free stuff for everybody. Don't want to work no problem, will steal stuff from other people and give it you. What???? we are out of other peoples money. Oh!!! Well then we need a dictatorship to keep everyone in line!!!

AFter all this worked so well in Russia, no wait Cuba, No wait, Vietnam, No wait Cambodia, No wait Argentina, No wait Venezuala, No wait Greece, No wait Italy. It HAS to work here right. We have Obama!!!

I'd say sorry about the rant, but I am not. Liberals take away rights knowing crap like this will happen and then use it as an excuse to take even more rights away, and they have greater than 50% of usefull idiot morons backing them up that don't realize they will be the ones taking it up the tailpipe when the money runs out!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

It stinks that we can't burn bottom-hats like this at the stake anymore:twocents:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Horrible, horrible situation.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those that are even remotely affected by this horrific act, and especially the parents and children directly involved.

I am truly starting to fear for our country as we once knew it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I personally blame liberalism. This is were society goes when you throw at the moral compass, any semblance of personal responsibility, and your failures are always somebody else's fault.

I also agree this will be used to push for gun control, when the right answer IS to require and train teachers to shoot back. Instead we train them to lock down and make sure no victims can escape! Instead of training them to run away from the shots. After this is what Isreal did, and it stopped most of the mass shootings (Just not the rain of rockets).

Perhaps we should ban murder!!! Oh wait.......
    Okay, we won't allow guns on school premises!!! Oh wait......
    I know we'll require background checks to buy guns!!! Oh wait.....

Can we just address reality and understand that crazy F#$%$%S will always be crazy F##$#@S and will try to kill people and protect ourselves from them. Nope!! That would violate the rights of crazy murderous F@#$@#$S

Instead we will ban guns, let crazy murderers out of jail because they are full, and kill some evil un-born babies because giving a mass murdered the death penalty (fair trial and first class hanging style) is wrong.

Liberalism is the cancer that is killing the country. It is the best tool of evil and communism to pave the road to heck with good intentions.

No responsibility, and free stuff for everybody. Don't want to work no problem, will steal stuff from other people and give it you. What???? we are out of other peoples money. Oh!!! Well then we need a dictatorship to keep everyone in line!!!

AFter all this worked so well in Russia, no wait Cuba, No wait, Vietnam, No wait Cambodia, No wait Argentina, No wait Venezuala, No wait Greece, No wait Italy. It HAS to work here right. We have Obama!!!

I'd say sorry about the rant, but I am not. Liberals take away rights knowing crap like this will happen and then use it as an excuse to take even more rights away, and they have greater than 50% of usefull idiot morons backing them up that don't realize they will be the ones taking it up the tailpipe when the money runs out!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

It stinks that we can't burn bottom-hats like this at the stake anymore:twocents:

Hmmm, I blame the shooter for this tragedy. You blame LIBERALS...not Liberalism. Liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Good luck convincing the public that the schools should allow anyone there to carry when 20 kindergardeners were just gunned down. I'm not saying your wrong but you underestimate the power of emotions. So 51% of the voters in this country are "useful morons" with their hands out?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Notice most of these mass shooting happen in "Gun free zones". Teachers or school staff need to be armed or have access to weapons.
    Obama said we need to find meaningful solutions no matter what the politics, so I guess every school will have a well armed militia real soon!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    The kids who survived this will be dramatized possibly for life, especially the ones who actually witnessed a killing. The fear and confusion they must be feeling. You think you are safe in school just like in your own home. Then one day a guy who snapped came in and changed your life forever. To see your friends get killed right in front of you is unbearable.

Then they are to return to the same school eventually..... How dramatic that would be.......

What is supposed to be a time of celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ has now turned to the saddest day of the year.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    A big problem is the hollywood brainwashing machine. They get these people to believe that in fact they live in a fantasy world. Another problem is that theres no morality anymore since you cant mention God. This group of degerates are mentioned in the Bible time and time again....REV 2:9...JOHN 8:44 for starters they own our money supply FRS and the every central bank of Europe. You only need to do basic search who owns every major media outlet and major newspapers. They are also teaching our kids from a curriculum that was "approved" by these creatures

Top Bottom