• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I never thought it couldn't happen regardless of what school he goes to. I just didn't expect it. I was also surprised I didn't find out about it for 2 weeks. Unfortunately as today's events and even the events at the Amish school a few years ago demonstrate it can certainly happen anywhere. But for me that doesn't make it any easier to hear about it. Just glad it was a BB gun this time.

I asked you why you didn't think it would happen at your child's school because you said you didn't expect it to happen at your child's school.

We all know it always happens at those other schools. But why do parents think it won't happen at their children's schools?

Hmmm, I blame the shooter for this tragedy.
    As does he, I'm sure. But that wasn't the question he was answering.

You blame LIBERALS...not Liberalism.
    Nope, he blames liberalism. Modern American liberalism. Leftist progressive populism that eschews the individual for the sake of the "good of the whole" and uses the state to compel everybody to bend to their will.

Try THIS ONE instead.

I'll admit that the use of "liberal" to label the American leftist movement is grossly inadequate to describe what it really is, but the word has a specific definition in American political vernacular and it doesn't change just because you crack the dictionary and point to a definition that says something different.

Good luck convincing the public that the schools should allow anyone there to carry when 20 kindergardeners were just gunned down. I'm not saying your wrong but you underestimate the power of emotions.
    How do you get that from his post?

So 51% of the voters in this country are "useful morons" with their hands out?
    You don't think that's a fair assessment? It's certainly born out in the welfare/entitlement numbers. And voting records seems to support it as well. In fact, I'd say the number is a lot higher since the people with their hand out come from both sides of the aisle albeit for different reasons.

I know that I haven't met a single person outside of INGO that doesn't expect the government to do for them or someone else what is rightfully his--and only his--responsibility. True, I don't get out much. And the places/circumstances where I am in contact with people don't lend themselves to full-on political philosophy discussions. But you can glean a lot about someone's world view with simple conversation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    thoughts and prayers to those affected. as a teacher currently in an elementary school, it's hard to fathom.

as far as the reactions to follow, hopefully this will apply

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. " -Plato

I hopr it does but will not hold my breath.

Again...heartfelt prayers and support to all who lost someone. Also to those who had to respond and deal with this.

CM

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I had to log off of Facebook. Between the pro-gunners taking a stance, the anti-gunners taking a stance and the people opposed to anyone taking a stance, my stomach couldn't take it any longer.

20+ little kids are dead because of 1 maniac. F anyone with a political stance right now.

My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of the victim's families. I'm heartbroken.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I asked you why you didn't think it would happen at your child's school because you said you didn't expect it to happen at your child's school.

We all know it always happens at those other schools. But why do parents think it won't happen at their children's schools?
    Beacause it is statistically unlikely to happen at any given school.

Top Bottom