• hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, that electoral map is horrible. No way Obama wins like that

Try a better one

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/archive/2012_electoral_college_scoreboard

Or this one

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

RCP: Romney at 191. So 270 - 191 gives him 79 he needs

FL: 29
    NC: 15
    VA: 13
    CO: 9
    NH: 4

Giving him 70 without much trouble. So add in Ohio, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvannia and Romney wins. Obama won Wisconsin by 14% in 2008, now he's tied. Wow.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yeah, that electoral map is horrible. No way Obama wins like that

Try a better one

2012 Electoral College Scoreboard - Rasmussen Reports™

Or this one

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

RCP: Romney at 191. So 270 - 191 gives him 79 he needs

FL: 29
    NC: 15
    VA: 13
    CO: 9
    NH: 4

Giving him 70 without much trouble. So add in Ohio, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvannia and Romney wins. Obama won Wisconsin by 14% in 2008, now he's tied. Wow.

I think Romney gets Florida and North Carolina. I think he has a good shot at Virginia, but there are a LOT of non-military Government employees (and mor importantly, Liberal leaning non-profit employees) that live in the Virginia counties just outside D.C. that can be counted on to vote Blue. Colorado is closer than I thought it would be. Romney also has a shot there, but it depends on Liberals putting their vote where their mouth is on Johnson, as opposed to being good sheep and voting Obama (I think almost everywhere else Johnson takes from Romney, but there are some particular ballot initiatives up for vote in Colorado that makes me think Johnson is an Obama spoiler there). I don't see New Hampshire going for Romney, though. If he somehow gets Ohio AND Pennsylvania (which is what his people are saying), it ends up big for Romney. If he can get one if the two, plus Wisconsin, he'll eke it out. Otherwise I'm afraid we get "four more like the last four" :(

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Rasmussen has Romney up 3 in Colorado, 2 in VA and NH, one in Iowa, tied in Ohio and Wisconsin. Of course these are just polls, but then you see some reports of Romney winning independents by 22%, republic enthusiasm up 12% over dems, early voting WAY down in Florida and Chicago, and Gallup saying +3 in Republican vs Democrat voter ID this election cycle. Rasmussen also has Romney up 50-46 in the battleground state polls. It's hard to see bright spots for Obama in all the data.

Romney with 305 electoral votes, sneaking Pennsylvannia away from Obama. So says me.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I think Romney gets Florida and North Carolina. I think he has a good shot at Virginia, but there are a LOT of non-military Government employees (and mor importantly, Liberal leaning non-profit employees) that live in the Virginia counties just outside D.C. that can be counted on to vote Blue. Colorado is closer than I thought it would be. Romney also has a shot there, but it depends on Liberals putting their vote where their mouth is on Johnson, as opposed to being good sheep and voting Obama (I think almost everywhere else Johnson takes from Romney, but there are some particular ballot initiatives up for vote in Colorado that makes me think Johnson is an Obama spoiler there). I don't see New Hampshire going for Romney, though. If he somehow gets Ohio AND Pennsylvania (which is what his people are saying), it ends up big for Romney. If he can get one if the two, plus Wisconsin, he'll eke it out. Otherwise I'm afraid we get "four more like the last four" :(

I respectfully disagree. If BHO wins the next four years will be much worse than the last four years.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

Why would you say this? This assumes that if Johnson were not on the Ballot that his voters would have otherwise voted for Romney. I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you that if Gary Johnson were not on the ballot, I would have either voted for some other candidate or voted local, house and Senate, and not voted for President at all. Romney never had my vote, with or without Governor Johnson.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    NY, I think it's true. Gary Johnson calls to disaffected folks from the Left, Right and Center - but more from the Right than from the Left. The diehard Left want Obama to win. The diehard Right doesn't want Romney to win, they want Obama to LOSE. I think more of them are amenable to peeling off, than those on the Left. Except, as I mentioned, in Colorado. Maybe I'm wrong.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Romney with 305 electoral votes, sneaking Pennsylvannia away from Obama. So says me.[/QUOTE]

Planning to do my part!:D

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    We've all heard the 'stuff' about the polls being skewed; about the polls differing in their results, etc, etc.

But tonite, 24 hours before the polls close, the average shows either Romney 49% Obama 48% -or- Obama 49% Romney 48%.

But here's why I believe that this time the polls on the popular vote are experiencing reverse polarization.

Millions of the "popular vote cast for BO, will come from CA and NY. But those states are both SOLID BLUE, and can't get any bluer. And each state still only represents the same number of EC votes (no more, no less).

I also honestly expect that two or more states that, at this moment the polls show as leaning Dem...... will actually tally a win for Romney. Which ones? Dunno. :dunno: Could be Michigan and Pennsylvania; could be Minnesotta and Iowa; could be Wisconsin and Illinois.

But I believe the popular vote, tho it won't be all THAT close.... will be somewhat closer than the EC vote, at the end of the day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Why would you say this? This assumes that if Johnson were not on the Ballot that his voters would have otherwise voted for Romney. I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you that if Gary Johnson were not on the ballot, I would have either voted for some other candidate or voted local, house and Senate, and not voted for President at all. Romney never had my vote, with or without Governor Johnson.

I have seen some interviews with Johnson...while he has some great Ideas it is not the time or the place..I am more interest in surviving the next 4 years...in 4 years I will have 3 adult grand children...will a job or college and a job even be in their future. One wants to go in the Navy, will we have any ships left? Now is not the time to wish for a 3rd party we are in deep trouble here and overseas. If Obama wins we will see our country fundamentally changed. I am so afraid for their future.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I respectfully disagree. If BHO wins the next four years will be much worse than the last four years.

Do tell. Is he going to go hog wild and ban all guns, ship all of our jobs to the Chinese, and make us read Marx & Engels? Or will he do something even more insidious?

RealTalk: The economy is going to improve no matter whom we put into the Presidency, barring grotesque abuse on the part of the Executive and Legislative. Even Willard's love of supply-side "economics" would probably not be sufficient to halt our recovery, although it could slow the process.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom