• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    well worth it if you ask me iv been looking to build one with a crutch side folder for a while now and the the stocks alone go for $300 plus and this is a complete kit hasnt seen anyone state if these are unissued demills or used surplus kits like the polish underfolders from last year.... but ill let u guys know when i receive mine.... i hope to put this one a nds receiver but right now im not sure what receiver it fits on

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    well worth it if you ask me iv been looking to build one with a crutch side folder for a while now and the the stocks alone go for $300 plus and this is a complete kit hasnt seen anyone state if these are unissued demills or used surplus kits like the polish underfolders from last year.... but ill let u guys know when i receive mine.... i hope to put this one a nds receiver but right now im not sure what receiver it fits on

The link says "factory demilled"?

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Crutch folders? I've never heard of them. Are they any good? Are they expensive? Might buy one as an investment if the stock is worth some money.

These will sell out fast and already have at other vendors.

A crutch folder sold on ARFCOM last week for $175 by itself. It is the cherry of the deal.

The Egyptian crutch folders have been notoriously scarce for years.

The real cool thing about these kits is that Maadi themselves did the demil and they packaged them and included a parts list.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Good find duff, you are no longer on my AK **** list :) . Once you build it i'm sure you'll be back.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Good find duff, you are no longer on my AK **** list :) . Once you build it i'm sure you'll be back.
    lol figured this would change ur mind and i just saw that alantic firearms has the same kits for $20 more and they actually come with bayonets too late for me but you guys can get on it still

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Well the blanks u about can find anywhere centerfire, ak builder ect but hardened there a guy on akfiles selling them professionally done not spot hardened i couldnt pass on it at $55 shipped a blank

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Seems like a lot of money for a parts kit that requires a receiver AND a new barrel. It's just a bunch of parts. The good kits no longer are imported :(

GunGunDin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    A kit build sounds super fun, like, buildind a model that u could shoot.
    although I'd want to get pro to give it a once over be I when to the range

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Seems like a lot of money for a parts kit that requires a receiver AND a new barrel. It's just a bunch of parts. The good kits no longer are imported :(

I didn't think many Maadis made it in the country before all the new rules.

Since the Egyptian government is not really friendly to the US anymore, I think this could be the last shipment of Maadis for quite some time.

I just want the Arabic on them.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Well the blanks u about can find anywhere centerfire, ak builder ect but hardened there a guy on akfiles selling them professionally done not spot hardened i couldnt pass on it at $55 shipped a blank

His username is TurboThis on the AKForum. And he's damned near a genious with AK work. My milled MAK will be going to his sometime this winter for him to work his magic on.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    His username is TurboThis on the AKForum. And he's damned near a genious with AK work. My milled MAK will be going to his sometime this winter for him to work his magic on.
    That is him he is one of the few i trust for a harden receiver blank he has done some great builds

Top Bottom