• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Knowing a bit about the NSA's procedures, the whole thing doesn't worry me in the least. The thing which does bother me is the fact that they have had to resort to hiring "contractors" like this slug to do their leg work. There was a time when such field work was the realm of the Army Security Agency, the Naval Security Group and the Air Force Security Service. Sadly enough, they were all effectively done away with in the mid-70s.

The u.s. military cannot and never will again even fight a war without using private contractors. Our military is spread so thin and has been cut so bad it's rediculous.
    Contractors are not even subject to the same laws our military are. Also they don't have to disclose to the American people that contractors were being used on an operation, especially domesticly (you can thank the patriot act and various secret orders), so therefore there is zero accountability. So when people face zero chance of punishment for breaking the law what are the chances they will? Those who make laws believe they are above them and when they make new laws to cover themselves for the laws they have broken or want to then all bets are off.

Exactly. This govt is out of control. This govt is the most tyrannical, immoral, and corrupt govt in the history of the world. They have tossed out their contract with the American people who are their bosses and now they run the show.
    The Founders are rolling people.

Also when you have private companies doing the dirty work too and their sole existence depends on the govt paying (overpaying) for their specific an unique services then in order for them to report illegal activity the govt may have them doing it means financial ruin for themselves. Some people have a higher set of values and integrity and would blow the whistle but many more are out for the all mighty dollar and would wipe their ass with the founding documents for a check.
    Who's running the show? I believe it's the man down below!

Last edited:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The u.s. military cannot and never will again even fight a war without using private contractors. Our military is spread so thin and has been cut so bad it's rediculous.
    Contractors are not even subject to the same laws our military are. Also they don't have to disclose to the American people that contractors were being used on an operation, especially domesticly (you can thank the patriot act and various secret orders), so therefore there is zero accountability. So when people face zero chance of punishment for breaking the law what are the chances they will? Those who make laws believe they are above them and when they make new laws to cover themselves for the laws they have broken or want to then all bets are off.

Exactly. This govt is out of control. This govt is the most tyrannical, immoral, and corrupt govt in the history of the world. They have tossed out their contract with the American people who are their bosses and now they run the show.

Also when you have private companies doing the dirty work too and their sole existence depends on the govt paying (overpaying) for their specific an unique services then in order for them to report illegal activity the govt may have them doing it means financial ruin for themselves. Some people have a higher set of values and integrity and would blow the whistle but many more are out for the all mighty dollar and would wipe their ass with the founding documents for a check.

AMEN. bro. Could not have said it better.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I watched it. He is well spoken and highly intelligent. Then again, so is Barack Obama. Why believe him over BHO? Because he's saying what you want to hear?

Of course he's not selling secrets....he said he's not. When a government employee, you wouldn't believe him, but now you believe him? Again, why? Because he saying what you already believe?

Confirmation bias on steroids.

It is a judgment based on my perception of the character of the man. He is a patriot. Obama is a demon. Either you are blind or just like to stir the pot.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

We have used contractors just about all the time since the Revolutionary War. Heavily used during the Civil War. Troops were for fighting, civilians did the logistical functions (supplies, cooking, medical, burying the dead). The only period that we had everything "in house" was WW2 through Vietnam. Then the civil service took over much of the logistical functions. Now it is back to contractors as Clinton got rid of most civil servants.

Any contractor working for the military is under military laws. We put German civilians in POW camps as they were in the pay of the German army (contracted). The Roman army used slaves to do logistics and engineering work. Oh, we even put the families of the German military into POW camps as they were seen as supporting the war effort.

The thing to understand is that for many, especially engineers, the best money and the most interesting work comes from government money. Building roads and government buildings pays very well. So does designing planes and electronics for the government. Civilian work does not have the cutting edge that most engineers want. And even science is funded by government dollars.

Frankly civilian life is boring.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It is a judgment based on my perception of the character of the man. He is a patriot. Obama is a demon. Either you are blind or just like to stir the pot.

A judgment on his character based on a 12 minute video (edited) maybe a few articles and no personal knowledge about this man prior to this?

You believe him because you want to. You think he's a "hero" because he agrees with your preexisting bias.

What steps did he take to make a difference within the system?
    What oversight body did he try to contact before going public?

It is possible to be against the Prism program and have no use for traitorous oath breakers.

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily a "hero".

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    A judgment on his character based on a 12 minute video (edited) maybe a few articles and no personal knowledge about this man prior to this?

You believe him because you want to. You think he's a "hero" because he agrees with your preexisting bias.

What steps did he take to make a difference within the system?
    What oversight body did he try to contact before going public?

It is possible to be against the Prism program and have no use for traitorous oath breakers.

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily a "hero".

Not looking for an argument, just a discussion. How could the man have revealed the government spying on us without revealing the supposedly "good part" of the program that tracks terrorists? I don't think he would not have lasted very long if he tried to contact an oversight committee. It is my opinion that many of the people in both parties are working for the NWO. The Republican leadership is calling him a traitor; only a couple of them don't agree. Many of them knew about the program and there was no effective oversight.

We are told that one terrorist plot was found out using the program, but millions of us were being tracked. They were using other programs to "punish their enemies" so why would this program be different. Now we know they were tracking us. Are we better off now that this guy exposed what they were doing? At least some Americans, even some on the "left", are waking up to the fact that the government is violating our rights. I don't care if it was legal. Do you think this administration would have decided anytime soon that maybe they were going to far, that maybe they would have apologized for fundamentally changing our country? What they would have done, and still may, is increase their efforts. They may have to create a crisis to get out of the mess they're in now.

Last edited:

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I agreed with all of this being a brave hero stuff, and he has a hot girlfriend... :) But I heard a story today that he has disclosed to China that the US is hacking into their systems also. I think this story has quickly changed direction towards treason now. I am glad he spilled the beans for us but I don't want China to know our secrets.

NSA leaker Edward Snowden: U.S. targets China with hackers - The Washington Post

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agreed with all of this being a brave hero stuff, and he has a hot girlfriend... :) But I heard a story today that he has disclosed to China that the US is hacking into their systems also. I think this story has quickly changed direction towards treason now. I am glad he spilled the beans for us but I don't want China to know our secrets.

NSA leaker Edward Snowden: U.S. targets China with hackers - The Washington Post

I guess we'd have to be fools to believe the US doesn't do the cyber-spying stuff as well. But there is a bright line, to me, between "blowing the whistle" on wrong doing and giving secrets to our enemies. It's unclear he's done this yet and you always have to look at accusations like these with a suspicious eye.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I guess we'd have to be fools to believe the US doesn't do the cyber-spying stuff as well. But there is a bright line, to me, between "blowing the whistle" on wrong doing and giving secrets to our enemies. It's unclear he's done this yet and you always have to look at accusations like these with a suspicious eye.

"The interviews, combined with the leaked documents, provided the Guardian with four scoops in quick succession, from the court order showing that the US government had forced the telecoms giant Verizon to hand over the phone records of millions of Americans, to the previously undisclosed programme, Prism."

He apparently told the truth about Verizon,and Prism.The China information is probably legitimate as well.He has been giving proof of everything he has been saying.Did you see the NSA hacking map he gave Poitras(Washington Post)?

The Guardian is the main source he has used to get information out.Interesting to read vs the US media to be sure.The US media has focused on him,and the criminality vs other media focusing on the over stepping of the US government.To the point Germany has called for an explanation of PRISM by Obama when he visits next week.It may even get a hearing at the German supreme court based on evidence provided by Snowden(rather or not the US has violated the rights of German citizens).At this point with the evidence he has provided I think no one can question Snowden,accept US media,and grandstanding members of congress.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/11/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-profile
    I say the man is a hero to be sure.If not for this one man we would have no proof for any of the recent over stepping of the government.

There are over 20 stories based on information given by Snowden at the Guardian,read it at the source.Here in the USA you are only getting very filtered news.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/edward-snowden

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

If the national government must do certain things in private, perhaps government should not do those things. Why the need for secrecy, friend? What, China doesn't know that we're staring right back at them through the tubes? I think they already know. You think Boeing doesn't subcontract and build for the Chinese?

Maybe instead of whining about whistleblowers, instead we should hold our government accountable and insist that everything it does be aboveboard and in broad daylight.

"No such thing as secrecy. I own secrecy. Nuclear codes? I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order. In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey, you should see me in a crown..." - Jim Moriarty

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    If the national government must do certain things in private, perhaps government should not do those things. Why the need for secrecy, friend? What, China doesn't know that we're staring right back at them through the tubes? I think they already know. You think Boeing doesn't subcontract and build for the Chinese?

Maybe instead of whining about whistleblowers, instead we should hold our government accountable and insist that everything it does be aboveboard and in broad daylight.

"No such thing as secrecy. I own secrecy. Nuclear codes? I could blow up NATO in alphabetical order. In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey, you should see me in a crown..." - Jim Moriarty

You make a lot of sense. I added the bold, as I totally agree with it. Rep.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I say the man is a hero to be sure.If not for this one man we would have no proof for any of the recent over stepping of the government.

I firmly agree that the warrantless gathering of data of Americans is wrong. I also believe that the enemy of my "enemy" is not necessarily my friend. What Snowden has done with regards to bringing to light of this massive usurpation of the Constitution was the right thing to do. This should be stopped. He does not, however, get a "hero for life" status from me for everything else he may do from here on out because of this one good thing. I hope he doesn't go from stand up guy to traitor. But if he does, he, along with those in the government responsible for foisting PRISM and its cousins upon us, should be held accountable for their treachery.

Top Bottom