• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I am a 98-99%er. The only time I don't is if I am drinking or into a city/county/state/federal building that doesn't allow it.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm a 1%er in that I carry a piece all but MAYBE less than 1% a year....I carry everywhere, which may or may not include places I don't think I'll get caught which you may interpret to be "not legal"...for instance, I may or may not have carried at the last Colts game i went to here in Indy. Although I am a lucky one in regards to the school thing. My kids school allows me to carry in the school and at any function they have.

This

911c45c8b8b78a05dfbb8c76b1415f52.jpg

I have NEVER seen this before! This is incredible! Thank you for sharing! :ingo::yesway:

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I am maybe in the 50% club, but I have no problem with that. Sometimes it would be unnecessary and even dangerous, such as at a crowded public event. I'm not saying I have not carried in such circumstances, however.

Sometimes one must weigh the possibility of needing the weapon in the immediate situation against the possibility of being caught and going unarmed for the rest of one's life.

mpitcock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm probably a 50%er. I fly every month or two for work and leave my weapon home. I also "usually" leave it home when I travel to Or thru Illinois.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Although I am a lucky one in regards to the school thing. My kids school allows me to carry in the school and at any function they have.

You sir, have my attention. Would you care to share details on how this has come to be. I don't doubt you at all, but it would greatly help my daily logistics if I didn't have to worry about needing to get out of the vehicle when dropping the kids off or picking them up from school. I have no desire to carry IN the actual school but parking "off site" is just impractical for a lot of schools. Friend of the school official that is able to grant permission? Did you ask in a super friendly way?:) :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sorry, but nothing in what you cited makes it illegal to carry in a building with a courthouse, let alone defining it as a felony as found in the school property prohibition.

They provided an exception which allows for a unit to prohibit or restrict carry in courthouses, but not all units have opted to enact such local ordinances.

Yep. And those that have are, as ATM said, only ordinances, which means you might pay a fine, but you will do no jail time. Ordinances are not even misdemeanors, let alone felonies.

You sir, have my attention. Would you care to share details on how this has come to be. I don't doubt you at all, but it would greatly help my daily logistics if I didn't have to worry about needing to get out of the vehicle when dropping the kids off or picking them up from school. I have no desire to carry IN the actual school but parking "off site" is just impractical for a lot of schools. Friend of the school official that is able to grant permission? Did you ask in a super friendly way?:) :dunno:

Doc, I'm guessing he refers to a homeschool, so if I'm correct, being a "friend" of the school official would mean, in this case either being that official himself or being married to her. (feel free to change pronouns as appropriate for the situation.)

Just a guess, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just like my American Express card... I don't leave home without it.

Yes but you are LEO correct? It is difficult for my LEO friends to remember that they have much more flexibility in being able to carry then those of us who are not to be trusted. (I say that tongue in cheek). But thinking about this thread the big thing that affects most of us the the laws regarding schools. Many times parking off property is not practical. If you have young children then you will need to exit the vehicle to sign them in or out. I hope that they can clean the wording up in our state laws. I have no problem securing with securing my gun and locking my car to walk through one set of doors to get my kid. Heck I don't even lose sight of the vehicle. Almost seems less safe the way I do it now because I have to park on a public street and leave the car unattended for some time.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They have other holsters available for those who DON'T wear pants. :n00b:

Better to wear pants and a belt though. Crack Carry is uncomfortable and rubs you in weird places. When I am not wearing pants I just have Mrs. VERT hold my gun for me. :D

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    They have other holsters available for those who DON'T wear pants. :n00b:

Better to wear pants and a belt though. Crack Carry is uncomfortable and rubs you in weird places. When I am not wearing pants I just have Mrs. VERT hold my gun for me. :D

I think what Duck is thinking of is his often worn combo of Smart Carry and a smile. He subscribes to Printcraft's newsletter, I believe.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    100% If I am wearing pants, I have it. It doesn't come off until I go to bed.

Rarely I fly somewhere and have to check it. If I must go to a school, I park across the street.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom