• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlterEgoJason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    I carry 95% of the time. I recently vacationed and did not have it with me. I believe that my situational awareness was heightened during the vaca. I believe i need to carry that level of awareness over when I am carrying.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I only carry about 30% of the time. I'm currently a college student, and while its completely legal for me to carry on campus, I will be immediately expelled if they catch me with it (including in my car). And even if I'm just going to the store, I would normally carry, but if I'm planning on going back to campus I can't. In a year from now when I graduate, I'll start carrying much more often.

My Stepson went to Rose Hulman. Though restricted on campus he could take his 45 to the security office when arriving on campus and it was secured. When leaving he just went in to pick it up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm probably at the 95-98% level. I won't carry to school functions or other places that are in direct contradiction with the law but have at least one on me elsewhere. Do I get more points for having more than one? If so, I'm probably at about the 120% level if extra credit is given for BUG carry.

I've been on this earth for close to 50 years and have learned a great respect for Murphy and his law. I just know that if I decide to venture out without a gun, that will be the one-in-a-million day that I will surely need it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I guess my goal is, to see how many people are TRUE BELIEVERS and how many are not (90-100% would be true believers that dont leave home without it) and the lower percentages those who enjoy the industry, sport, and hobby but dont feel it'd be necessary to carry outside of the home.

I'm sorry, but I think you've created a false dichotomy here. Your assumption is that a choice not to carry in order to participate in an activity/event where carrying might become an issue disqualifies one for "TRUE BELIEVER" status.

Furthermore, I think you mischaracterize the factors that many may consider when making a choice to go out without it. Just because one chooses to go out without his EDC doesn't mean he considers carrying unnecessary. It's simply a matter of cost-benefit analysis.

And to illustrate the ridiculous notion that you can define "TRUE BELIEVER," I submit this alternative definition: You aren't a TRUE BELIEVER if you aren't carrying your EDC 100% of the time, regardless of location, regardless of event, regardless of the law. Because a TRUE BELIEVER wouldn't let some silly man-made law get in the way of exercising his God-given right.

I hate to be argumentative, but this kind of stuff bothers me. Sure, it's one thing to be curious about how often other people carry, what factors influence their decisions not to, etc. But this has gone a step farther and assigned value to those choices based on one individual's opinion. If you carry this way, you're good to go. If you carry that way, you're not part of the club. (Why does this dichotomy seem so familiar?) Can we not just be happy that someone chooses to carry? Who cares how he does it, when he does, or where he does it? Do we have to put a threshold of acceptability on it?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would be considered a 99.9%er. I carry all day, everyday, except for the rare school function I may attend. I even carry while at home, sitting on the couch watching the tube. You just never know. If by "true believer" you mean someone who takes it upon themselves to protect myself and my family, rather than rely on the cops to do it, then yeah, I'm a "true believer". And I've also converted a few "non believers" in my daily contact, to become "true believers".:D

sprint395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    I carry 99% of the places that I am allowed. The only times I am not armed are in government owned buildings and at work. I have a family and I believe that I should be able to protect them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Im surprised nobody admits breaking the law on a public forum. :D

OK - I will admit it. You got me.

I Open Carried all over campus at my daughter's grade school all year long.
    Not once did I get questioned or hassled.

Figure that one out. :n00b:

HOME SCHOOL! :D

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Are there some instances in which you leave it behind due to the nature of the place you are at when away from home...or the polar opposite, places you simply wont go without old faithful.

I guess my goal is, to see how many people are TRUE BELIEVERS and how many are not (90-100% would be true believers that dont leave home without it) and the lower percentages those who enjoy the industry, sport, and hobby but dont feel it'd be necessary to carry outside of the home.

Im also wandering if those who do carry more often then not have more situational awareness (SheepDog Concept) so they can 1) avoid trouble before having to unholster their weapon or 2) if they cannot avoid it, they can do something about it until proper LEO arrives.

Take care, Dave

I'm don't think you can find a "true believer" based on this list of questions.

Based on your questions, I am not a true believer because I spend half of my time away from home visiting power plants, nuclear facilities, oil refineries and the like. Many of those places and every nuclear facility are big no no's for firearms regardless of what state I'm in.

When I'm home, a firearm goes with me everywhere with 90% being OC. I believe in constitutional carry being the law of the land, no exception included violent felons who have served their time. I think that makes me a true believer but YMMV.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    As we know from various examples here on INGO, your posts here "can and will be used against you in a court of law". Therefore I will answer only with a..

Yes, I carry....

:)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Most of my days are spent in places I can't carry a gun. Work, schools functions, etc. I believe in always carrying a gun, but I am not going to break the law or lose my job.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I carry almost everywhere I legally can. but I do not carry on my college campus, though it is not illegal, its not worth getting kicked out and losing everything I have worked towards.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I carry almost everywhere I legally can. but I do not carry on my college campus, though it is not illegal, its not worth getting kicked out and losing everything I have worked towards.

So, just to play devil's advocate here.. :cool:

Not getting kicked out of college is more important than your life?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The last time I disarmed was we were in NYC for vacation and were planning to visit the ROCK. They do not allow guns inside so I left it in the hotel room vault. That's it.

Top Bottom