• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Obama basically just appointed David Axelrod to head the fight against Ebola. Obama's goal is to "win" the politics of Ebola, not stop it.

Well it is a political problem is it not? At least for all those screaming to maintain flights from Ebola infected countries.Now that a suspect case has landed at the pentagon we will see if that changes.
    BREAKING: Ebola Scare at the Pentagon

Arlington County’s hazmat team is on the scene at the Pentagon due to an Ebola scare. Medics responded to the Pentagon this morning for a report of a woman on a tour bus who was sick and vomiting. When they learned that she had recently arrived from Africa
    BREAKING: Ebola Scare at the Pentagon | ARLnow.com

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You don't need to be a Doctor to be the Ebola Czar. You need to be an effective leader and manager.

Judging by the Dear Leader's picks thus far in his time as El Presidente, I doubt this dude is either.:rolleyes:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He loves Vox.

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/519880848670482432

We're all dead.

--

Regarding "czars"... can they even be removed? Would it be too politically divisive for a GOP president to fire all the leftist "czars"?

Otherwise, they're simply there, planted as lifetime appointees, steeped in leftist bs. Not really sure our gov will be the same.

Last edited:

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Here's a novel idea. Find where on the globe ALL the original Dallas healthcare workers directly handling Duncan are? Maybe keep one or two from traveling? Slow down the where's Waldo cartoon unfolding for these jet setters. Seems silly I'm sure but WTF!!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The new Ebola Czar is there for probably only 2 purposes.

1) Get the message coordinated so Obama isn't constantly at odds with CDC everytime one of the two speak.

2) Request appropriations and spend it in a politically advantageous way like he did with the O's "shovel ready" political payback stimulus program.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Reuters is reporting new numbers: 4,546 deaths out of 9,191 cases. That's not much of an increase. Death rate still at ~50%.

In other news, Senegal is officially (per the WHO) ebola-free. Nigeria should be by Monday, I think.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Reuters is reporting new numbers: 4,546 deaths out of 9,191 cases. That's not much of an increase. Death rate still at ~50%.

In other news, Senegal is officially (per the WHO) ebola-free. Nigeria should be by Monday, I think.

How can Nigeria be ebola-free per WHO 42 day guidelines?

Air France 1300 that flew from Lagos Nigeria would disagree about Nigeria being ebola free I think(yesterday).

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I wonder if it is just coincidence that there is "activity" in DC.

They had to be feeling REALLY crummy to be out, the fact that they kept going till vomiting is curious to me.

This is the problem. They have women treating these patients. We all know women will not cancel vacations for anything. If we had male nurses treating the Ebola patients the first sign of sniffles and they would go under self quarantine and watch sports for 3 weeks.

Top Bottom