• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sensationals

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    For me guns are just tools meant for one thing and it doesn't matter if they are pretty or scratched as long as they perform the job. I'm not marching in a parade with my weapons.

Man, I am telling you, there are geniuses on this board.
    I will be trying that.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    For me guns are just tools meant for one thing and it doesn't matter if they are pretty or scratched as long as they perform the job. I'm not marching in a parade with my weapons.
    Guns are tools...
    Don't care if they are scratched...
    The military guys don't care if they are scratched...
    bla...
    bla...
    bla...

If you go to a good mechanic and watch him for a while you find that he cleans the oil off his wrenches when he puts them away. And he won't use a box wrench as a pry bar. A mechanic knows the value of his tools and he takes extreme good care of them.
    And as has been said here, military guys do care about their weapons. Their lives depend on it.
    Sure my gun is a tool, but, it's something that I may have to depend on. My gun might get scratched if it is dropped or used poorly, but under normal use there is really no good reason to get a visible scratch. Bright spots or worn places from holsters is clearly a sign of a lot of use (love) but not scratches. Scratches equal abuse. IMHO of course.

Last edited:

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Two of mine have it. It was there when I got them. I have two without the scratch and in them I take much pride and care to keep them that way.
    My LW Commander has it and since its black I took a black marker and covered it up. You can still see it when you look up close but its less noticeable.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Sometimes you do things when you're young and ignorant and don't know any better. I once leaned against a brick wall and put a big gouge in the grips of my very first carry gun, which remains to this day. I'd rather it wasn't there, but it is, so I don't worry about it. You can either grow and learn or stay locked in the past.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    How old do you have to be before you can stay locked in the past and not be ridiculed for doing so? :dunno: :patriot:
    I don't know. My plan is to grow and learn until I fall into the grave. I figure as soon as I reach the point where I think I know everything I need to know, I'm done living.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I don't know. My plan is to grow and learn until I fall into the grave. I figure as soon as I reach the point where I think I know everything I need to know, I'm done living.

I like that plan... but, some things in my past are really comfortable.... prolly best hold on to some of those things, and check out some of the newer stuff.... sounds good, anyway.....

excuse the drift....

Top Bottom