Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, A&E did it.

Megan Kelly just reported that A&E has decided to put Phil Robertson on indefinate leave.

I think that could be the end of Duck Dynasty on A&E.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    hunger-games-trailer-19_610.jpg

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I hope the rest of the family walks. Not that I (totally) agree with what Phil said, but sooooooo tired of the pc garbage......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    More PC :poop:
    Getting very fed up with the PC stupidity. Everyone is "Soooooooooooooooo" sensitive. Man up damn it. If you are gay own it. If not, own that as well. Make a decision of this magnitude and expect some flak.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Phil recited what the bible says about homosexuality (basically don't oppose it, but don't believe in it. Also says to love each other as people and not to judge). The interviewer knew the answer they would get. It would be like a Brady Campaign person going to interview Wayne Lapierre about gun laws and making a big deal because he doesn't support more of them. Phil never said gays should be put to death or anything bad at all.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think the A&E website is being inundated.
    I've been trying to load their homepage for a couple of minutes. First try dumped me off.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    A vagina or an anus......lol, I love ole Phil! It's too bad you can't have an opinion without people mistaking it for judging.....facts are facts, not judging.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Phil recited what the bible says about homosexuality (basically don't oppose it, but don't believe in it. Also says to love each other as people and not to judge). The interviewer knew the answer they would get. It would be like a Brady Campaign person going to interview Wayne Lapierre about gun laws and making a big deal because he doesn't support more of them. Phil never said gays should be put to death or anything bad at all.

Yes this! This was a setup from the get go. They knew what he would say in advance and wanted to be able to get it in the news. They all should walk if the contract leaves them an out. A&E is becoming way too PC IMHO!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yes this! This was a setup from the get go. They knew what he would say in advance and wanted to be able to get it in the news. They all should walk if the contract leaves them an out. A&E is becoming way too PC IMHO!

They should walk even if it doesn't.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I wrote to A&E by email and let them know I was displeased.

I'm guessing Phil wasn't. He'd mentioned in interviews within the last few months that he wanted to get away from the show. He said the family could do it without him. He has been wanting to leave the show since June. Kind of makes you wonder why he did an interview with GQ. I'm guessing he wouldn't have gotten the same questions if he did an interview with Outdoor Life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom