• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I know what you mean. If I'm not in the left lane by the light at Kinser and 46 I think I'm late. The only people I give a break to at that intersection are cars with out of state plates, and large trucks just because leave the trucks hung out dry there. While we're talking Bloomington, why can't people in this town read arrows. How often do you see someone go straight from the left turn lane at 10th and the bypass or straight from the right turn only lane at 17th and College?

buddy I have seen more than my fir share of idiots turn right at 2nd. and walnut.:noway: the other day saw someone go up the exit ramp at kohls northbound on the the southbound exit.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am a professional truck driver.

I see poor driving habits by EVERYONE, including myself.

There is no way to correct it, thus, there is no reason to become stressed out about it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Tailgaters! You tailgate me ,I will only drive slower and if you still don't get the message, I will drive even slower.

People who drive with their brights on. If behind me , just like tailgaters, I will drive slower and when you pass me, guess whay? I will flip my brights on! On coming with brights on also **** me off. And the real kicker, the dumb ones who think that just because they are on a 4 lane highway it's okay to keep their brights on with oncoming traffic.:xmad:

How about the cheap tigh "wads" with a head light out so they drive around with their brights on? Then there's the half blind who need those lights brighter than every one else's brights... I'd like to knock those things out.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    50mph, on the interstate, with a slight drizzle. Not a typhoon, hurricane, or precursor to a tornado...LIGHT rain. If I knew any prayers I'd speak them siliently every time this happened.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Driving 10mph over the speed limit [on purpose] in the left lane, passing all cars obeying the law, driver comes up on me, tailgates me, usually 10 feet of my rear bumper, I'm in the fast lane, why move, keeps tail gaiting me, flashing lights, horn, or I see the "I'm important, get out of my way" look on their face, cut hard right, idiot creeps by me, hard left onto their bumper, see license plate, Illinois or Indy No Where, stay on their bumper, get this "why are you so close to me look?", priceless! Psychologist's will tell you that the majority of the drivers on the road use an accelerator to get "ahead" in life.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Driving 10mph over the speed limit [on purpose] in the left lane, passing all cars obeying the law, driver comes up on me, tailgates me, usually 10 feet of my rear bumper, I'm in the fast lane, why move, keeps tail gaiting me, flashing lights, horn, or I see the "I'm important, get out of my way" look on their face, cut hard right, idiot creeps by me, hard left onto their bumper, see license plate, Illinois or Indy No Where, stay on their bumper, get this "why are you so close to me look?", priceless! Psychologist's will tell you that the majority of the drivers on the road use an accelerator to get "ahead" in life.

There are definitely people driving around out there that will avoid being passed at all costs. They're not in a hurry, they just don't want to be passed.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Most of my mine have been mentioned except this one: Braking/stopping in the left lane to make a left turn when there is a clearly marked center turn lane. They put it there so you wouldn't have to block everyone up while you make your left turn, USE IT!

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    How about the idiot that thought he would do the right thing and let a semi over who wanted to be in the right-left turn lane instead of the left-left turn lane (it made no difference which lane he was in, he is STILL TURNING LEFT!). He slammed on his brakes on the 65 off ramp to 37 Southbound... it nearly cost him a new bumper.

or

The women driving down the middle of Ronald Reagan at 6am this morning. The solid yellow line devides the road in two, it doesn't mean follow it wherever you are going (probably shopping).... ugh WOMEN DRIVERS!

(Disclaimer: Women Drivers as in those drivers that are women that are terribly bad at driving. Not looking for negative rep or hate mail by you excellent women drivers here on :ingo: haha.)

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Remembered another on my drive home - those that make it to all of 45 mph at the end of an on ramp to an interstate. Speed up and merge properly!

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    People driving in the passing lane when they aren't passing anyone, or they are pacing the person they should be passing.
    I call these people 'speed leaches'... they do not want to have to pay attention to their speed since their attention is someplace other than the road so they lay off of your rear quarter, right in your blind spot. They figure as long as they stay there, all they have to do is hold position and you will pay attention for them. I like messing with them if the road is clear by slowing slowing down... they keep pace until you are well under the speed limit and then I resume my cruise and they get left in the dust

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Remembered another on my drive home - those that make it to all of 45 mph at the end of an on ramp to an interstate. Speed up and merge properly!

Last week I was in the right lane of 465 North on the westside going through all that construction. I had at least 15 vehicles behind me and at least 15-20 in front of me all going around 45mph. A State Trooper was coming down the on ramp to get onto 465 North completely cutting me off. The ramp he was on had a yield sign at the bottom of it that he completely disregarded as he merged. God knows if I would have hit him it would have been my fault and not his even though he didn't yield to the traffic already on the interstate. :xmad:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I start by passing those slow left-lane cruisers on the right. Then I cut back over to the left lane directly in front of them and slow way down until they have to get over in the right lane to pass me.

As they come alongside, I give them "the look" :@ya: and then speed away leaving them feeling pwned and ashamed as they must reflect upon their own transgression of proper driving etiquette.

OK, I actually never do that. But I'm sure it would make me feel better.:)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Saw this one today....an emergency response vehicle (either a fire chief or EMT in a SUV) had his lights and siren going and some IDIOT would not get out of the left lane to let them through! This went on for at least 3/4 of a mile, maybe longer. The emergency vehicle was on his bumper, everything blaring. The driver stayed in his lane. :dunno:
    I give all emergency vehicle drivers a pat on the back and a salute from me. If you can keep your cool in a situation like that, you are to be commended!!!!!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I forgot about the symbiotic pair of parasite and host I like to call Mr. Important and Mother Theresa.

You run into these two when there is a gigantic flashing yellow arrow pointing left because of a lane closure. There is usually a few hundred feet traffic backed up in the lane you are being directed to. Mr. Important always stays in the closed lane all the way to the sign, God forbid he wait like everybody else, Mother Theresa always lets these clowns in.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I hate "The Brake Man".

See a curve a mile away? Hit the brakes. Rain? Hit the brakes. Curve? Bridge? Up hill grade? Down hill grade? Hit the brakes. Hit the brakes. Hit the brakes. Hit the brakes. Some one three cars ahead passing? Hit the brakes. Hit the brakes. Hit the brakes. Hit the brakes.

He's usually the guy you can't drive 50 MPH behind him and you can't get past him at 70. He don't want to be in front but he don't want you to pass him...

I'd like to have one of those ISP PIT manuver ramming grill guards on the front for those fools... BAM! There's your brakes fool.

Top Bottom