• ...and so much more!
  • lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Ready. Set. Go:
    2) Folks who can't keep a steady pace. Yes, I know that cruise controls can vary actual speed a few MPH depending on circumstances. But when you're normally traveling at 65mph and then drop below 55mph because you're driving up hill...that ain't cool, man. Also annoys me when someone will pass me on the interstate, pull into my lane, then slow down. I'll then pass them because I'M on CRUISE CONTROL...only to have them re-pass me in a few miles. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yup, this one.

1) The discourteous SOBs who pull right out in front of you when there are miles of clear highway behind you. This type of dirtbag usually then proceeds to drive at least 5MPH under the speed limit.

3) Those that hit their turn signal AS they stop before turning. "Hey that's ok man, I don't mind sitting behind you waiting for you to find an open spot to turn, when I could have changed lanes half a block back when you SHOULD have turned your signal on".

Those too.

People turning left or right into dual lanes. Instead if staying in the closest lane they swing over to the other lane as they are turning. They seem to cut off any traffic in that lane. Drives me nuts.

OMG yes. There's an intersection near my house that would flow so much better if everyone would follow that rule.

My own contributions:

1) Left lane campers. I don't care if you're going the same speed as everyone else in the left lane - if you're not actively passing somebody get out of my way!

2) People that try to wave me through a 4 way stop. Let me explain: Car A will be already stopped at the 4 way, and I'm just rolling up to it, probably 5 feet away still. Car A feels the need to wave me on. Just because you waved me on doesn't mean I'm allowed to not come to a complete stop. If you'd just proceed like you're supposed to, you'll likely be out of the way by the time I've made my complete stopped and verified that it's safe to proceed. If you wave me on in the above circumstances I'm likely going to take even longer to do my normal stop in the hopes you get annoyed.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Patience is the key here! I personally believe that the old folks deserve a break. Last time I looked the speed limit signs designated the upper limit, not the lower. I love this country! Wer'e actually allowed to obey the law if we so desire. Cell phone/text driving on the other hand, well..... Help Mr. Wizzard!!!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Bicyclists that pass illegally on the right in the same lane as the cars they passing when approaching an intersection, only to get to the stop light and have all of those same cars have to pull into the on coming lane to pass them again.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    1. Driving slower than the person behind you when there's a lane to your right. Drive as slow as you wish, but do it on the right.
    2. Cruising in the far right lane, even though you're going the speed limit.
    3. Not pulling into the intersection on an unprotected green light.
    4. Running a yellow/red light when there are cars in the intersection waiting to turn left.
    5. Not using turn signals when changing lanes. I've watched people change lanes serveral times on the highway without signalling, then watched that same person pull into a left turn only lane with an arrow and turn on their signal.
    6. The people who, in heavy traffic, back off about a half mile so they never have to stop. Four or five people doing that in a mile stretch is like adding a couple of hundred more cars to the road.
    7. Traffic vigilantes
    8. Blocking a turn lane because you discovered you didn't want to turn so you hold up people who could turn while you wait to be let back in. Your mistake - turn and take the consequences.

I have more, but I'll stop here.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    2) when you're normally traveling at 65mph and then drop below 55mph because you're driving up hill...that ain't cool,

obviously you've never been in a I6 grand cherokee:D

3) Speeding police officers...when I know they're not on any kind of "run". Seriously, when you're in civvies and have your wife/kids in the car, you aren't on a run. Obey the law like you're supposed to.
    -J-

this and when speeders who get tickets complain about getting pulled over, as if they weren't breaking the law.

Tailgaters! You tailgate me ,I will only drive slower and if you still don't get the message, I will drive even slower.

I"m a pro brake checker, they get the idea after that;)

1) The discourteous SOBs who pull right out in front of you when there are miles of clear highway behind you. This type of dirtbag usually then proceeds to drive at least 5MPH under the speed limit.

yes:xmad:

and I'll add idiots who are in a lane they know will end in 100ft. at a stop light andexpect you to let them over in front of you, F that, I will make sure with all my power you don't get in front of me.. and for all you b-towners that would be walnut and 46 light where dennys is eastbound toward the stadium and the 3rd and 5th st. intersection at the graveyard. toward downtown.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    People driving in the passing lane when they aren't passing anyone, or they are pacing the person they should be passing.
    man thats the absolute worst. those rolling roadblocks on the highway. absolutely infuriating. also when someone is dicking around at a red light and you honk at them when it turns green and get treated to the finger. that has lead to about three fist fights during the course of my life.

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    6. The people who, in heavy traffic, back off about a half mile so they never have to stop. Four or five people doing that in a mile stretch is like adding a couple of hundred more cars to the road.

This actually improves the flow for everyone behind them.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And another thing...

Not that it causes any real traffic problem, so to speak, but when people will accelerate towards a fresh red light; it makes me just shake my head in amazement.

"Hey, let's burn fuel unnecessarily AND add unnecessary wear to the brakes!" Excellent idea.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Speeders! I live in a small commumity of about 25,000. You can get across town in 7 or 8 minutes yet people drive like they are late for supper. They slam their brakes at the stop light and then its "pedal to the metal". I just putt along observing the 20 mph. school zones and the 30mph. streets. I can't see any real time saving advantage to speeding in a small commuity......now the highway....thats altogether different.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    and I'll add idiots who are in a lane they know will end in 100ft. at a stop light andexpect you to let them over in front of you, F that, I will make sure with all my power you don't get in front of me.. and for all you b-towners that would be walnut and 46 light where dennys is eastbound toward the stadium and the 3rd and 5th st. intersection at the graveyard. toward downtown.
    I know what you mean. If I'm not in the left lane by the light at Kinser and 46 I think I'm late. The only people I give a break to at that intersection are cars with out of state plates, and large trucks just because leave the trucks hung out dry there. While we're talking Bloomington, why can't people in this town read arrows. How often do you see someone go straight from the left turn lane at 10th and the bypass or straight from the right turn only lane at 17th and College?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    This actually improves the flow for everyone behind them.

And another thing...

Not that it causes any real traffic problem, so to speak, but when people will accelerate towards a fresh red light; it makes me just shake my head in amazement.

"Hey, let's burn fuel unnecessarily AND add unnecessary wear to the brakes!" Excellent idea.

Since this seems too hard to for everybody figure out, they should start teaching this in driving school. If you pay attention to the lights and drive so you don't have to stop at every light you can move more cars through. It takes longer if every body has to stop and come back up to speed than if go about 2 or 3 MPH slower to catch the light as it's turning green.

Obviously, you can't always do it. Every morning on my way to work the same idiots fly past me in a hurry to stop at the next red light. So instead of rolling through the light at 30, I have to slow down and stop because I caught up with them because they were in such a hurry to get there.

It's best if the other lane is open and you can glide past them. Only to have the come flying past you to stop at the next light where you glide right by again.

Of course, I could just be turning into a grouchy old man. :D

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    People that come tearing up the right turn only lane just as the thru light turns green so they can go straight through the intersectian without having to stop and wait in line like the rest of us. I see this one everyday at Stop 11 and 31 going west bound.

Cops that have a car full of kids, disregarding the very laws they are righting tickets for the next day.

Left lane bandits.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Anyone driving so bad while using a cell phone that I become aware of their bad driving and I wrongfully attributed it to the cell phone. Many people just can not drive worth a dime.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Ready. Set. Go:

1) When on a 3+ lane road, being closely followed by someone who, as soon as I change lanes to the right (in prep to exit) will pass me. Seriously, if you wanted to pass me badly enough, you had at least one other lane to do it in.

2) Folks who can't keep a steady pace. Yes, I know that cruise controls can vary actual speed a few MPH depending on circumstances. But when you're normally traveling at 65mph and then drop below 55mph because you're driving up hill...that ain't cool, man. Also annoys me when someone will pass me on the interstate, pull into my lane, then slow down. I'll then pass them because I'M on CRUISE CONTROL...only to have them re-pass me in a few miles. Wash, rinse, repeat.

3) Speeding police officers...when I know they're not on any kind of "run". Seriously, when you're in civvies and have your wife/kids in the car, you aren't on a run. Obey the law like you're supposed to.

Ok, I feel better. A little. :D

-J-

indy I am with you on all three of those and will add some of my own

4) other drivers, seems most other people do things that aggravate the crap out of me

5) people sitting in a turn lane with the turn signal on in the direction the lane will already be taking them, this to me is like signaling going into a corner... redundant

this one is from work, if you do this consider my point the next time you think about it twice

6) people that use the gap a fire-truck leaves in front of them as an invitation to pull in, it's not for you, it's for us in case while sitting in traffic we get a run, that car length or so of space leaves us some room to start getting out and on the way to help someone, if you have ever filled this gap and then had a fire-truck fill your car with horns and sirens after they got a run sitting in traffic then you now know why the space was there, and yes while the horns in your ear may have been unnecessary we weren't the a-hole that put their car where it was not invited.

Don't get me wrong I am sure I am on someone's list here for things I do that annoy others. I am guilty of not using turn signals as much as I should.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The other day, I was approaching an intersection that under normal conditions would have seen very light traffic. One side of the 4-way intersection was clearly blocked, there must have been an accident or a train or something, because there were cars lined up right to the intersection. It was obvious that you didn't want to turn that way, because it wasn't moving.

The light turned green, and some woman - who intends to go straight, into the traffic jam - pulls forward a whole ten feet, and then realizes she has nowhere to go. She successfully blocked the whole intersection so NO ONE could move.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Brake checking anybody is ignorant.
    Driving is not a video game.
    You don't score points.

5keys.jpg

Relax.
    Arrive alive, people.

WBE3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Semis that stay in the left lane trying to pass the rig in front of them. They were backing up traffic on I65 this morning, some for as long as 5 miles.

Top Bottom