• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ready. Set. Go:

1) When on a 3+ lane road, being closely followed by someone who, as soon as I change lanes to the right (in prep to exit) will pass me. Seriously, if you wanted to pass me badly enough, you had at least one other lane to do it in.

2) Folks who can't keep a steady pace. Yes, I know that cruise controls can vary actual speed a few MPH depending on circumstances. But when you're normally traveling at 65mph and then drop below 55mph because you're driving up hill...that ain't cool, man. Also annoys me when someone will pass me on the interstate, pull into my lane, then slow down. I'll then pass them because I'M on CRUISE CONTROL...only to have them re-pass me in a few miles. Wash, rinse, repeat.

3) Speeding police officers...when I know they're not on any kind of "run". Seriously, when you're in civvies and have your wife/kids in the car, you aren't on a run. Obey the law like you're supposed to.

Ok, I feel better. A little. :D

-J-

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    People who drive slow in the fast lane.
    people who don't use turn signals.
    People who talk on cellphones,apply makeup or feed their face while driving.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Driving

I drive professionally, when I decide to work, and it's for a company who is VERY safety and methods oriented. Hence, I'm a very boring and careful driver, heeding speed limits to a point, following distance, signals, and it amazes:xmad:me how many rude and inconsiderate people there are, who take an incredible amount of needless chances. If I was to list my driving pet peeves, I'd suffer hand cramps typing them in.:)

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    It wasn't till I got my CDL that I realized that there are alot of idiots on the road. Like when someone passes you on a turn with traffic coming. Or cuts infront of you as you pull up to a stop light. Its like they assume that your "big rig" can stop on a dime.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Tailgaters! You tailgate me ,I will only drive slower and if you still don't get the message, I will drive even slower.

People who drive with their brights on. If behind me , just like tailgaters, I will drive slower and when you pass me, guess whay? I will flip my brights on! On coming with brights on also **** me off. And the real kicker, the dumb ones who think that just because they are on a 4 lane highway it's okay to keep their brights on with oncoming traffic.:xmad:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People who purposely drive slow as though they were tasked by God to save us from ourselves. If you want to drive below the speed limit, fine. Now pull off when you get a line of traffic behind you. These drivers don't realize they are creating more danger by causing people to make risky passes.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Drivers at a four way stop.

As soon as the vehicle reaches the stop sign their brain falls out of their head. They:
    1) Sit there not knowing who is supposed to go through the intersection next and start waving their hands to get you to go or
    2) Almost come to a stop then hit the gas like everyone else came to a stop just for them.

Ok, I’m done.

Bucky

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Lights! People who drive at dawn and dusk WITHOUT their lights on! My wife and I were nearly killed in Indy lately by a driver who came over a hill with no lights. We almost made a left turn directly in front of them. They totally blended into the road. Sooooo close. We were left very shaken. Please, remember people; the lights are so that others can see you, not so you can see! (Well, you do use them to see in the dark, of course). Please, Turn Them On! (ps. I always drive with them on, day or night)

Last edited:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    1) The discourteous SOBs who pull right out in front of you when there are miles of clear highway behind you. This type of dirtbag usually then proceeds to drive at least 5MPH under the speed limit.

2) Goobers who will drive 1 to 4 MPH over the speed limit in passing zones, but slow down to 4 to 9 MPH below the speed limit in no passing zones.

3) Those that hit their turn signal AS they stop before turning. "Hey that's ok man, I don't mind sitting behind you waiting for you to find an open spot to turn, when I could have changed lanes half a block back when you SHOULD have turned your signal on".

4) People at stop signs that look away from the direction you are approaching from and never actually stop, they just creep forward the whole time.

5) Anybody with an Obama 08 sticker.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    3) Speeding police officers...when I know they're not on any kind of "run". Seriously, when you're in civvies and have your wife/kids in the car, you aren't on a run. Obey the law like you're supposed to.

Red lights and stop signs are for you guys also. Heck, I'd appriciate seeing cops just slow down at stop signs. Just a thought.:cool:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    When a lane ends and there is a line of slow moving traffic in the remaining lane and rather than getting in the back of that line of traffic they continue to the very end of the lane that ends and force their way in to get ahead of everyone else.:xmad:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I shall ad my 2 cents....

**If you didn't have time to put your makeup on BEFORE you got behind the wheel, maybe you should do us ALL a favor and go without.

**The elderly drivers. You know the ones. They go 10 miles under the speed limit, turn when it's not there turn and somehow miss the fact that the green light they are seeing is now RED.

**The people that blow their horn because they want over and give you the *stink eye* for not slowing down fast enough.

**The people that you see driving in the winter with all their windows rolled up and there is thick smoke in the car, so thick that you can barely see the children in the backseat.

**People who read a map while driving. You know, they place the map on the steering wheel in hopes that somehow makes it a little less dangerous to drive and read at the SAME TIME.

And of course, everything else stated above.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Oh....and people, Driving is not a good time to pick your nose!! If I want to see someone pick their nose I will look at my 2 year old daughter in my backseat. Not the grown man driving next to me.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    The idiots that pass me on a double yellow line in a curve of a state highway when I pull into my drive way.

Oh....and people, Driving is not a good time to pick your nose!! If I want to see someone pick their nose I will look at my 2 year old daughter in my backseat. Not the grown man driving next to me.
    AND This
    AND all of the for mentioned.

Top Bottom