• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    BTW, I'm not really a movie buff, or keen in the idea of celebrity.
    None on the list seemed shocking, since the ones I knew were blatant Obamalickers from way back.
    Most I've recognized from their films shown on TV, or crap my ol' lady rented.
    Hell, IMHO most films aren't worth half their rental price.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hollywood stars follow Obama?s gun control script, tweeting White House talking points on cue | Fox News

LOS ANGELES – Hollywood stars make their living delivering lines written by others, and on the subject of gun control many are quoting a script written by an unlikely source – the White House.

An email sent last week to Tinseltown’s A-listers by Associate Director of Public Engagement at the White House Jesse Moore – titled “Artists & Entertainers Unite to #StopGunViolence” and addressed to “Family” – offered Twitter-ready talking points for showing support for President Obama’s gun control agenda. FoxNews.com, which obtained a copy of the email, compared it to tweets sent by such stars as Ashton Kutcher, and found that the stars passed the thoughts on to adoring fans with little or no ad-libbing.

“This seems an unprecedented abuse of White House influence to manipulate the public into believing celebrities genuinely supported the president,” said Dan Gainor, vice president of business and culture at the Media Research Institute. “Hollywood is just an extension of Obama's press office.”
    “This seems an unprecedented abuse of White House influence to manipulate the public into believing celebrities genuinely supported the president.”
    - Dan Gainor, vice president of business and culture at the Media Research Institute

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It wasn't all that long ago that an actress was considered to be on the same level as a prostitute. Now, somehow, they have become the yardsticks by which the multitudes judge their lives. Neither is correct but I lean more towards the former than the latter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It wasn't all that long ago that an actress was considered to be on the same level as a prostitute. Now, somehow, they have become the yardsticks by which the multitudes judge their lives. Neither is correct but I lean more towards the former than the latter.

True, but back then society frowned upon women achieving financial success on their backs, and the biggest difference was that the actresses got bigger payouts. It seems that society has no such compunctions today.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is the Media Research Institute trying to imply that most of them don't genuinely support him?

I am not sure, but the spoonfed White House talking points seem unscrupulous. In the best case scenario, can they truly be said to take a position if it has to be supplied to them in writing? Cluelessness as opposed to supporting or not supporting?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    True, but back then society frowned upon women achieving financial success on their backs, and the biggest difference was that the actresses got bigger payouts. It seems that society has no such compunctions today.

True, finding a person of good moral character wasn't a game of "Where's Waldo" like it is today.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom