• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah who cares. I pay about as much attention to them as I do stupid musicians that wanna get political on stage. STFU and play your music.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I didn't count the ones I recognized. Fortunately, my perceived need to keep up with pop-culture faded away years ago...I'm glad I recognized far fewer than the number I did.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Everyone should think about this next time they go to the theater, rent their Netflix or pay their cable bill. We are supporting these anti-gunners so they can grow their ranks without repercussion.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Folks, these people, by and large, are not like you and me. They are artists, entertainers. In order to be a good actor, don't you have to leave what you are and become your character? One of the better ones I've noted is Edward Norton, never saw a film with him in it that I didn't enjoy. One of my problems is when one of them go full whacko I never see them for the talent they are, just for the whacko they are only getting an audience because of their talent in entertaining. Examples would be, Cher, Julia Roberts, Liam Neesan, Samuel L. Jackson, to name a few.

They do (at least many of them) have a talent which frankly I'm glad I lack.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    32 here. The Cohen brothers? Fargo TV series, every movie violent as hell. Steve Buscemi? Mob guy on Boardwalk Empire and the Sopranos. Edie Falco (The Sopranos). Debra Winger is considered an A-Lister? Has she worked since Urban Cowboy?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    32 here. The Cohen brothers? Fargo TV series, every movie violent as hell. Steve Buscemi? Mob guy on Boardwalk Empire and the Sopranos. Edie Falco (The Sopranos). Debra Winger is considered an A-Lister? Has she worked since Urban Cowboy?

To be fair, some of them are probably trying to kick-start their moribund careers...

However, I will make a point not to see American Sniper, and glad I did not catch it in the theater. Read the book, that's good enough.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    To be clear these people are actors. There spend their entire lives playing someone they are not. They do not for the most part have an original thought in their tiny little brains. Come Armageddon or an Zombie Apocalypse these people will all be eaten or left out because of they are useless.

Okay, I feel better now......

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What gun?

The one you are carrying concealed front center which is printing really bad right now! :):

Seriously, I counted those on the list whose name I recognized well enough to connect it with a face or a performance, and came up with a grand total of 6.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Folks, these peo<script id="gpt-impl-0.03485628869073265" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_78.js"></script>ple, by and large, are not like you and me. They are artists, entertainers. In order to be a good actor, don't you have to leave what you are and become your character? One of the better ones I've noted is Edward Norton, never saw a film with him in it that I didn't enjoy. One of my problems is when one of them go full whacko I never see them for the talent they are, just for the whacko they are only getting an audience because of their talent in entertaining. Examples would be, Cher, Julia Roberts, Liam Neesan, Samuel L. Jackson, to name a few.

They do (at least many of them) have a talent which frankly I'm glad I lack.

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^ I have the same problem. Actors are supposed to sell you on an illusion, but once I have seen them as a wacko, I can no longer see the illusion. This especially applies to Liam Neesan. He was such a hard*** in "Taken" and now, the illusion is gone. I think it would benefit them more if they would just shut up and do their acting. It's a shame the "Duke" is no longer with us.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Hollywood doesn't speak for me. They're so vain if they think I care about what they think or have to say. Propaganda puppets they are.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bradley Cooper and Steve Earle were on there. What a ****ing shame. Hope they get rid of any guns around them, including that of their bodyguards, and never EVER use a gun in a movie again.

I think Steve Earle was influenced by his mama...

[video=youtube;VW5E8noEbn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5E8noEbn4[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The one you are carrying concealed front center which is printing really bad right now! :):

Seriously, I counted those on the list whose name I recognized well enough to connect it with a face or a performance, and came up with a grand total of 6.

Only 6??? You're my hero, someone even less in tune with the names on the list than me!!:bowdown:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A bunch of dumb-as-rocks actors said:
    Thank you for protecting our rights. The right to be safe. The right not to be afraid when you go into a public place. The right not to have a generation of scared kids raised on lockdown drills on what to do if a shooter enters their school. The right of our government to do what the overwhelming majority of people want.

Because being an actor means not having to pass a sixth-grade civics class. Apparently.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Because being an actor means not having to pass a sixth-grade civics class. Apparently.

That's about right. In order to succeed at being an actor, a person must present an agreeable physical appearance, be able to memorize and regurgitate script, and must be able to emulate fictional persons in a convincing manner. In other words, skin-deep beauty, a reasonably good memory, and no critical thought whatsoever should yield a perfectly successful career as an actor.

Top Bottom