• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was pretty active on the forum around 2005? Maybe a bit after that? For several years, then dropped off for a few years - just got busy. Joined back in a couple years ago, but I don't engage on internet forums that often anymore - it's bad for my blood pressure.

The forum didn't exist prior to 2008, so...

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    That we could watch a video where peaceful children and people in wheelchairs are hit by gas fired by our own police force, and make excuses justifying those actions. That our police would consider those children acceptable collateral damage to keep the peace is morally repugnant, and that we would watch that and agree with them is disgusting.

I'm absolutely NOT calling for violence of any kind, but I will say this: If you went out to protest Coronavirus restrictions, but you're sitting at home making excuses for the police firing teargas into crowds of children - you need to stop calling yourself a supporter of the Second Amendment, because you have no understanding of the purpose it serves.

Didn't go out to protest coronavirus restrictions... also not going out to march for peace and justice, because bad actors are turning peaceful protests into riots.

I'm not going to second guess what happens when one crowd of "protesters" are being dispersed in one area and run into another group of protesters.

My question to you, how much collateral damage is acceptable when peaceful protests turn into violent riots. Where's that tipping point?

What force should be used, because undoubtedly there are innocent people caught in the wrong place, wrong time when things turn violent?

Violence during protests need to be shut down ASAP, because the longer you wait, the more it's going to happen, and the harder it's going to be to stop further violence.

HailtotheGM

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2017
    Indiana
    Didn't go out to protest coronavirus restrictions... also not going out to march for peace and justice, because bad actors are turning peaceful protests into riots.

I'm not going to second guess what happens when one crowd of "protesters" are being dispersed in one area and run into another group of protesters.

My question to you, how much collateral damage is acceptable when peaceful protests turn into violent riots. Where's that tipping point?

What force should be used, because undoubtedly there are innocent people caught in the wrong place, wrong time when things turn violent?

Violence during protests need to be shut down ASAP, because the longer you wait, the more it's going to happen, and the harder it's going to be to stop further violence.

I'll just say this - You can't do a surgical strike with napalm. The force applied by the police has to be at least somewhat directed.

I can't tell you where that line is, but do you honestly feel it's justified to fire into a group of 100 people to stop 5 people throwing bottles?

There's a reason police often back off of high-speed police chases in residential areas - it's because the risk of harming or killing innocent people isn't worth taking down a couple of perps in a car. The same applies here.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'll just say this - You can't do a surgical strike with napalm. The force applied by the police has to be at least somewhat directed.

I can't tell you where that line is, but do you honestly feel it's justified to fire into a group of 100 people to stop 5 people throwing bottles?

There's a reason police often back off of high-speed police chases in residential areas - it's because the risk of harming or killing innocent people isn't worth taking down a couple of perps in a car. The same applies here.

It's tear gas. Boo-frickity-hoo. You are acting like IMPD mowed down babies and puppies with miniguns.

These people are idiots for choosing to bring children and handicapped people into ground zero so they could virtue signal.

Pro-tip for these martyrs for the next time that they need to be seen praying in public...milk is a more effective decon for pepper spray than the blood of Jesus.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm absolutely NOT calling for violence of any kind, but I will say this: If you went out to protest Coronavirus restrictions, but you're sitting at home making excuses for the police firing teargas into crowds of children - you need to stop calling yourself a supporter of the Second Amendment, because you have no understanding of the purpose it serves.

There's a very plain, and obvious reason I never said this (despite it kinda being my MO), Conservative protest very, very rarely result in any sort of violence or damage, but here, now... this sort of thing has never hit so close to home. The looters aren't protestors, they just want an opportunity to be animals, and the this is their moment.

Why? I don't know. Maybe it's political, maybe it's socio-economic, whatever it is, I'm not going to be holding any signs, anywhere near the mobs.

It seems a small number among the protestors (or, they should those certain folks should labelled rioters) are making it horrible for everyone, and the rest of the protestors need to wise up and make them stop.
    Kind of like with LEO - there's a (very) small number of rotten eggs...

And likewise, since the majority of protestors just want to peacefully be heard, I won't paint with a broad brush, but come'on, you can't let your protest turn ugly like this.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Justified? Absolutely. First of all, it's tear gas and pepper spray, not napalm or bullets. Second, those 5 people can easily incite the other 95. Lastly, those 95 should have shut down the 5 before the gas was launched, so I havre no sympathy for them.

Again, who were you?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's tear gas. Boo-frickity-hoo. You are acting like IMPD mowed down babies and puppies with miniguns.

These people are idiots for choosing to bring children and handicapped people into ground zero so they could virtue signal.

Pro-tip for these martyrs for the next time that they need to be seen praying in public...milk is a more effective decon for pepper spray than the blood of Jesus.

That's the sad part - there's good, honest folks who want to be part of the protest, but can't because others have turned it into a war zone (i.e. it wasn't the police that made that choice).

EDIT: I've never been in any situation like that, ergo, I'm not going to question the LEO response. From what I've seen, it looks disciplined.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I do not believe this is civil unrest. I think it is all out insurrection and assault on our country. It won't stop until the good guys start putting bullets into the bad guys. This is organized and backed. In fact it seems the Democrat party is standing hand in hand with Antifa. Just my opinion.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Crowds of children? Seriously? If there are children in the crowd, the "parents" should be charged with neglect.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not believe this is civil unrest. I think it is all out insurrection and assault on our country. It won't stop until the good guys start putting bullets into the bad guys. This is organized and backed. In fact it seems the Democrat party is standing hand in hand with Antifa. Just my opinion.

And now we have both extremes represented. :rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Justified? Absolutely. First of all, it's tear gas and pepper spray, not napalm or bullets. Second, those 5 people can easily incite the other 95. Lastly, those 95 should have shut down the 5 before the gas was launched, so I havre no sympathy for them.

Based on what Denny said, it sounds like the peaceful/religious protesters weren't even in the vicinity of the tear gas targets until the tear gas targets moved into the peaceful group. Not much the peaceful group could've done.

Things like that happen, though, in a free society.

Remind me which ones are the good guys and which ones are the bad guys?

Was George Floyd a good guy or bad guy? That would've been a singularly BAD time to have gunfire do that particular sorting.

Are the people LARPing badassery by taking selfies flipping off cops in riot gear good guys or bad guys? Not sure bullets are the right response to that.

These are complicated times and complicated issues. Bullets are best when the situation is simple.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Well, the crowd of peaceful ones should grab and turn over the ones throwing bottles, else they risk being tear gassed. They’re using the same tactics they did in Iraq during protests. Blend in with the crowd of peacefuls hoping you’re safe.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Do you realize what an idiotic comparison that is? If they were using napalm, you'd have a case. Heck, if they were firing rubber bullets, you'd have a more valid point.

After how many days and nights of violence from "protesters?"

Every day what is tolerated is going to be ratcheted down until there's no violence.

How quickly does 5 people throwing bottles turn into 3 or 4 others throwing bricks, and that one determined anarchist throwing a molotov?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And now we have both extremes represented. :rolleyes:

To be fair, some democrat politicians have come out in support of Antifa, pallets of bricks are showing up across the country (supplied by persons unknown) for protestors to use against police, and there was an attempt to burn down City Hall in Nashville and an invasion of police precinct facilities in Minnesota.

So yeah...no idea where one would get the idea that there may be a little insurrection going on. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Based on what Denny said, it sounds like the peaceful/religious protesters weren't even in the vicinity of the tear gas targets until the tear gas targets moved into the peaceful group. Not much the peaceful group could've done.

Things like that happen, though, in a free society.

Remind me which ones are the good guys and which ones are the bad guys?

Was George Floyd a good guy or bad guy? That would've been a singularly BAD time to have gunfire do that particular sorting.

Are the people LARPing badassery by taking selfies flipping off cops in riot gear good guys or bad guys? Not sure bullets are the right response to that.

These are complicated times and complicated issues. Bullets are best when the situation is simple.

Obviously the looters and arsonists would be a start. I'm looking at this as a nationwide assault not just in Indianapolis.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I just caught up here. So new guy comes in and says he was here before with a different name. Isn’t that against rules? Then he goes on to tell us he’s ashamed to be part of this community. Then tells us we don’t know what the 2A is about, because our opinions are different? I’m all for good discussions, but when you come in guns blazin telling a 2A centered forum they don’t know what the 2A is about then you’re not gonna make any friends.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Obviously the looters and arsonists would be a start. I'm looking at this as a nationwide assault not just in Indianapolis.

Ok, so when are you shipping out to Minneapolis? Chicago might be easier to get to, but the gun laws aren't very friendly. Maybe St. Louis?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guided Protector
    Top Bottom