• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    What is a "good gun battle"? You know this isn't TV, right? These are humans. People are dying.

Yeah, the level of mirth at this on the board is disconcerting. We're supposed to be the good guys here. Dorner is definitely not, regardless of what LAPD did or didn't do.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Shot by LAPD officers?

Legitimate question considering the previous incidents, but no, they said something about him being shot when Dorner came out of the woods.

They aren't saying anything about the game warden anymore though, just the two deputies.

I don't think we'll know for sure what happened until it's over.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    What is a "good gun battle"? You know this isn't TV, right? These are humans. People are dying.

Well said. Of course, if Dorner is killed then that is no loss. I'm not a fan of the LAPD but this man is a threat and the only way to truly stop him is to kill him. I hope the LEOs and warden are okay.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    So if you're in the area and driving a light colored vehicle with 4 wheels, you better bail out now.

Probably good advice.

They seem to be saying now they have him trapped in a cabin and it's a standoff.

Not sure what happened to the truck.

I'm listening to the live feed and it seems like the story changes every couple of minutes.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well said. Of course, if Dorner is killed then that is no loss. I'm not a fan of the LAPD but this man is a threat and the only way to truly stop him is to kill him. I hope the LEOs and warden are okay.

Do you believe that he deserves a fair trial? Or should he be gunned down before he can kill again?

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Surely this is a scary event for the officers involved.

About the only thing I can think of it that would make it moreso would be for them to hear an LAPD leo say, "I've got your back!"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, the level of mirth at this on the board is disconcerting. We're supposed to be the good guys here. Dorner is definitely not, regardless of what LAPD did or didn't do.
    I've found it disconcerting that it seems to be overlooked by a number of people in alot of different places that this man allegedly murdered defenseless innocents.

I'm already on record as saying if this is the case he deserves to die a slow and painful death.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Let's not waste anymore tax money on a trial.... The man doesn't want to go to court. Send him to hell....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Figured he must be in a cabin. All the officers were crouched down on one side of all vehicles and it appeared to be a smoke grenade between them and the cabin

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think that's Dorner's decision at this point.

Agreed. But the glee at the manhunt is disturbing. I think the police have a responsibility to avoid killing him if at all possible so that he can stand trial, but I also recognize that it may not be possible. In either case, I'm not going to dance around the TV hoping to see bloodshed. I very much fear that even if they do manage to capture him, he will accidentally trip and fall off the curb a couple of hundred times before he sees the inside of a jail cell. Vigilante justice serves no one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom