Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We can only hope that justice will be served against those who have murdered innocents, and those who injured innocents in this fiasco. There should be no delight in the injury or death of any when it is not deserved....however where there is the blood of a law enforcement officer, whether guilty or innocent, you will be delighting in it.

That is a bit off key from what I have read in his posts. Can not say I have ever read anything he has posted that leans this way.

Seems there is some stirring going on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Like... one person? LEOs don't comment on here b/c half of you guys don't take anything we say with any seriousness. Many of you are apparently the experts in modern law enforcement, so we don't talk.

And like Public Servant said, you're taking everything CNN and MSM says with complete trustworthiness??? They didn't "push" him back inside, I'm sure. The idiot probably came out shooting or pointing a firearm, so they returned fire.

I don't condone openly/wildly firing on vehicles. If they just opened fire, then yes, they need to be reprimanded and go from there. If it was absolutely negligent, they will probably face criminal charges.

As for many thinking that a life of a LEO is above anyone else's... BS. Everyone's life is precious. The statutes are written to increase penalties for assaults on officers not because it's an assault on the person, but it's an assault on the badge and what it stands for, which is justice and preserving the peace. But, a man that dies answering calls to violent situations does deserve a little more reverence than some schlub who sits on his a** and surfs the internet all day. Just my opinion.

I just read all 36 pages of this thread. Many of you responded to a lot of things, but no one really responded to the fact that a man lost his life today fighting this whackjob. I certainly hope that his son/daughter/father/mother don't find some of the comments on this board.

:rolleyes: Emotional appeal written all up, down, and sideways on this post. Yeesh.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Like... one person? LEOs don't comment on here b/c half of you guys don't take anything we say with any seriousness. Many of you are apparently the experts in modern law enforcement, so we don't talk.

And like Public Servant said, you're taking everything CNN and MSM says with complete trustworthiness??? They didn't "push" him back inside, I'm sure. The idiot probably came out shooting or pointing a firearm, so they returned fire.

I don't condone openly/wildly firing on vehicles. If they just opened fire, then yes, they need to be reprimanded and go from there. If it was absolutely negligent, they will probably face criminal charges.

As for many thinking that a life of a LEO is above anyone else's... BS. Everyone's life is precious. The statutes are written to increase penalties for assaults on officers not because it's an assault on the person, but it's an assault on the badge and what it stands for, which is justice and preserving the peace. But, a man that dies answering calls to violent situations does deserve a little more reverence than some schlub who sits on his a** and surfs the internet all day. Just my opinion.

I just read all 36 pages of this thread. Many of you responded to a lot of things, but no one really responded to the fact that a man lost his life today fighting this whackjob. I certainly hope that his son/daughter/father/mother don't find some of the comments on this board.
    Those cops that shot innocent people are asshats and an absolute disgrace to other officers that wear that badge and nothing will happen to them.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    So why did the cabin burn and why did they shove dorner back into the cabin? When did they take him out of the cabin? Why did the cabin catch on fire.

They are claiming on cbs that they heard 1 single shot and then the house went up in flames?

So if they shoved him back in to the cabin, it sounds to me like something else went down.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    So why did the cabin burn and why did they shove dorner back into the cabin? When did they take him out of the cabin? Why did the cabin catch on fire.

They are claiming on cbs that they heard 1 single shot and then the house went up in flames?

So if they shoved him back in to the cabin, it sounds to me like something else went down.

They shoved him back in the cabin? Shoved?

Someone has been at the kool-aid all ready.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I hate to interrupt the conversation, but B4 I logged on, about 30-45 min., ago, yahoo reported a 3rd Deputy shot ..... Prayers for the LEO, that passed .....

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

OK, good. I'm on board.

This thread has been posted to non-stop for at least four hours. It has taken some twists and turns over that time. A core of persons have been involved in it during this time, while others have dropped out or popped in "late" so to speak. By that I mean, not everyone has the same context for the narrative.

I think 99% of the people in this want Dorner, shooting random people, including LEOs who are just doing their jobs, stopped. Some prefer him dead on the scene, while some want him to go to trial and then hang. (or go to prison, based on their preferences and moral view of the world...)

Most people don't envy the officers who had to deal with this situation, it must suck when some random guy decides Officer X is a target when Officer X most likely never met this guy. That is horse **** on Dorner's part and he needs to swing/fry/rot for it, without question.

That said, several people who didn't commit a crime and did not match the description of Dorner were shot at by some officers. Those actions are a sub-optimal response by those who are charged with being the front line "good guys" and gets some of us mouth breathers upset. It makes some people sympathetic to Dorner's charge of LAPD being -- my paraphrase of his manifesto -- loose cannons.

So if pronouns like "they" or "them" are tossed around when describing the officers who shot at innocent people who did not match the description of Dorner by a country mile, we have to remember we're on an internet forum, not writing legal briefs or reports to our superiors, whoever they may be.

There were also concerns about 4th Amendment violations when a number of people driving down the road were stopped and had their vehicles -- some with children in them -- searched with guns drawn by multiple officers. They have a cabin surrounded but are searching vehicles without warrants to look for the guy they have surrounded. Most people don't get that. If you do, help us understand it.

So, let's all pour a cup of tea and re-the-****-lax.

:popcorn:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    One deputy that was shot earlier is now dead. :(

very sad ...rip officer

really there some posts here who commented on a fallen officer .....you see what you want to see......there is no doubt they(LAPD) fired on those innocent people funny how quick you are willing to question bad police actions ....those officer should already been arrested PLAIN AND SIMPLE .......there is a double standard .....that whats got some upset....

as for the nutt job who started this ......he's a nutt job ..... what scares me more is people who give a blind eye to authority figures who causing property damage or taking away there freedoms ,lives , or maybe guns....:patriot:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    There were also concerns about 4th Amendment violations when a number of people driving down the road were stopped and had their vehicles -- some with children in them -- searched with guns drawn by multiple officers. They have a cabin surrounded but are searching vehicles without warrants to look for the guy they have surrounded. Most people don't get that. If you do, help us understand it.
    It was not and still has not been confirmed Dorner was/is in the cabin. He has plenty of sympathizers on INGO. Whose to say he couldn't find a million people from southern California willing to drive him out of the area.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    It was not and still has not been confirmed Dorner was/is in the cabin. He has plenty of sympathizers on INGO. Whose to say he couldn't find a million people from southern California willing to drive him out of the area.

It would not be any sympathizers here, their "I stand with Dorner" shirts would give them away.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Who in the **** said they sympathize with him? I missed that part and am happy to admit I missed it if you can point it out.

I want his ass hung, period.

I also want people (anyone) who shoots at innocent people to face the law.

Help me understand what I've missed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom