• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You still haven't said anything about mad dog cops who open fire on random citizens.

I have definitely taken sides. I am against both sides. They appear to me to be approximately equally bad.

I don't think they are both equally as bad.... Dorner is knowingly acting with criminal intent.

However, Dorner is sure to get what he deserves and since the negligent police probably won't get charged with anything... its easy to blur those lines and share similar feelings.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    WTF
    2013-02-12_21-00-22_672.jpg

somehow I don't think they ran up to him and pushed him back inside like a playground chump

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Are you kidding? This guy will be a martyr here.

And to be even handed - the cops that mag dumped on that Toyota pickup deserve what any other citizen would get for the same crime. In other words, yes they had extreme reason to fear for their lives - there was a guy out on the streets that had threatened them. In no uncertain terms. That said, they were criminally reckless and negligent from all appearances.

BOTH sides have a lot of 'splaining to do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Money shot! have a good nap

What are you talking about. There needs to be one law that applies to everyone. EVERY-DAMNED-ONE. My point is that allowing this type of potentially deadly recklessness and excusing it outright with "oops" or "it will be addressed one of these days about ten years after everyone involved dies of old age" doesn't get it.

You apparently don't have a problem with, on one hand, denying a man who admittedly gives all appearances of guilt due process, but at the same time not believing in granting the same to supposed protectors of the public who instead are opening fire on people for thoroughly inexcusable reasons.

One law or no law. Which way do you want it?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And to be even handed - the cops that mag dumped on that Toyota pickup deserve what any other citizen would get for the same crime. In other words, yes they had extreme reason to fear for their lives - there was a guy out on the streets that had threatened them. In no uncertain terms. That said, they were criminally reckless and negligent from all appearances.

BOTH sides have a lot of 'splaining to do.
    But if that were you or me we would be waiting on bail.:dunno:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I would agree with you. The problem I have is the people cheering for and indicating their willingness to personally fire the shot who apparently see nothing wrong with the police attacking people who were minding their own business in the course of legal activities with no warning whatsoever.

It is hardly a secret that my general opinion of police based on personal experience is pretty low, but it has dropped dramatically in the course of this hunt. Just for the record, I have never been arrested in my life and the police have still been a far greater problem to me than have any criminals. It both astonished and irritates me that we have people here who on one hand whine about cop-bashing but at the same time consider it the ne plus ultra offense to attack a cop, but find it acceptable for cops to open fire on the innocent and at most say 'it will get sorted out later' while clamoring for someone like Dorner who, overall, has done less damage to the public than have the police to be shot on sight. With 'friends' like that, I sure as hell don't need any enemies.

Not to get off topic here, but intellectual kudos for fitting that in to a general discussion. Notice the equivalent below.

images

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    What are you talking about. There needs to be one law that applies to everyone. EVERY-DAMNED-ONE. My point is that allowing this type of potentially deadly recklessness and excusing it outright with "oops" or "it will be addressed one of these days about ten years after everyone involved dies of old age" doesn't get it.

You apparently don't have a problem with, on one hand, denying a man who admittedly gives all appearances of guilt due process, but at the same time not believing in granting the same to supposed protectors of the public who instead are opening fire on people for thoroughly inexcusable reasons.

One law or no law. Which way do you want it?

We can only hope that justice will be served against those who have murdered innocents, and those who injured innocents in this fiasco. There should be no delight in the injury or death of any when it is not deserved....however where there is the blood of a law enforcement officer, whether guilty or innocent, you will be delighting in it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    We can only hope that justice will be served against those who have murdered innocents, and those who injured innocents in this fiasco. There should be no delight in the injury or death of any when it is not deserved....however where there is the blood of a law enforcement officer, whether guilty or innocent, you will be delighting in it.
    :+1:

As I said, Dorner will be a martyr for several people here.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

No. I don't want them dead. I just want them to do their damned jobs without endangering everyone but the criminals.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You obviously know very little about Indydave or myself.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    If you are correct, some people have done a great job of appearing to support a position the supposedly do not support.

Like... one person? LEOs don't comment on here b/c half of you guys don't take anything we say with any seriousness. Many of you are apparently the experts in modern law enforcement, so we don't talk.

And like Public Servant said, you're taking everything CNN and MSM says with complete trustworthiness??? They didn't "push" him back inside, I'm sure. The idiot probably came out shooting or pointing a firearm, so they returned fire.

I don't condone openly/wildly firing on vehicles. If they just opened fire, then yes, they need to be reprimanded and go from there. If it was absolutely negligent, they will probably face criminal charges.

As for many thinking that a life of a LEO is above anyone else's... BS. Everyone's life is precious. The statutes are written to increase penalties for assaults on officers not because it's an assault on the person, but it's an assault on the badge and what it stands for, which is justice and preserving the peace. But, a man that dies answering calls to violent situations does deserve a little more reverence than some schlub who sits on his a** and surfs the internet all day. Just my opinion.

I just read all 36 pages of this thread. Many of you responded to a lot of things, but no one really responded to the fact that a man lost his life today fighting this whackjob. I certainly hope that his son/daughter/father/mother don't find some of the comments on this board.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This gun battle is going to make Dorner into a folk hero to some. I had students in lab tonight talking about it and they likened him to a super hero and wanted a comic book with him in it.

No joke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom