• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im not even sure where it's located.
    I think I saw the building once from a distance but im not even sure it was his place.
    It's in outside Indy right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These's that too. I guess when the street value of a Hi-Point 9mm on the south side of Chicago is about $600 his price tags don't seem so shocking.

A lot of his guns end up in south Chicago.
    I love the comment about the local community member...so true...scary but so true. That is what keeps his doors open.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    A friend of mine was telling me about his crazy range prices and you have to buy his over-priced ammo... $16.50 per 1/2 hour for pistols and $18.50 per 1/2 hour for rifles. I can easily go shoot with the wife or a buddy for 2+ hours. Not worth it on those bad weather days. For 2 hours on a rifle range I could nearly buy another Mosin...

miborovsky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    His prices look high to you because you are not the intended clientele.

His clientele (the aforementioned straw purchases) can't exactly shop around, and so he can charge them whatever he wants.

:rolleyes:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    (Puts on flame suit) . I go there once or twice a week to shoot. The range is kinda dark. Kinda crappy. But it is just down the street from work. If you bring in a recent range receipt they knock off a few by KS and they have key tags like everyone else that knocks another couple dollars off. I usually end up spending about 8 bucks to blow off steam on lunch. If you are not renting a gun u can use your own ammo. If you rent a gun you have to use his. I would never buy anything there besides trigger time.
    Don himself has always been polite to me, however he does have a nice sleaze ball aura about him.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i do have to give it to him that he was polite the whole time i was there. just pushy as hell about the things he thought i should buy. and i would never be able to afford his ammo with the guns i have. just his .30 carbine ammo alone was 40 bucks a box for 50 rounds. glad i atleast checked it out but i would never go back. not even to use his range.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    don is also an advocate for having to justify your LTCH. He thinks that you should have to go in front of some type of board to justify why you need a LTCH. He doesn't think that normal people (i.e. not his "friends" should be able to carry a handgun. He also thinks that there should be no "assault" rifles sold to individuals. Carl Brizzy used to have him on his Saturday radio show before it got canned. Heard it from the douche's own mouth several times.

Hate him, and hope he closes shop ASAP!. I will never darken his doorstep for any reason. And all you guys who only "go there to shoot", this is who you are supporting...someone who has made a fortune off of you exercising your rights, and now wants to limit them after he has already made his money.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    don is also an advocate for having to justify your LTCH. He thinks that you should have to go in front of some type of board to justify why you need a LTCH. He doesn't think that normal people (i.e. not his "friends" should be able to carry a handgun. He also thinks that there should be no "assault" rifles sold to individuals. Carl Brizzy used to have him on his Saturday radio show before it got canned. Heard it from the douche's own mouth several times.

Hate him, and hope he closes shop ASAP!. I will never darken his doorstep for any reason. And all you guys who only "go there to shoot", this is who you are supporting...someone who has made a fortune off of you exercising your rights, and now wants to limit them after he has already made his money.

Well said. :)
    I just want to know where it is so that I dont go there by mistake. :n00b:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Think about it, the only dealer in the State that doesn't have any presence on INGO.............

I heard he's a menber, he goes by the name ATM. :):
    He always says he's not here to make money, he just loves to OC. :rolleyes:

Not sure if it's true or not ... :dunno:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I know this guy who knows this guy who knew a guy that used to work for a "club" in Indy.

They wanted to "borrow" Don's big speed boat for a photo shoot for a calendar for their "club" and take pictures of all of the "girls" on the boat.

This guy who knows this guy who knew a guy that used to work for a "club" in Indy told me that they borrowed Don's boat and when they got it back to the marina, they took it out on the water, that someone with a badge tried to confiscate the boat as it was being loaded back onto the trailer. I guess the owner of the speed boat "owed some back taxes."

I guess since whomever borrowed the boat knew some of the local LEO's who were with the badge it wasn't taken from him and they followed it back to storage where they then confiscated it from the storage place which let him off the hook for the whole deal.

I guess Don apologized to this borrower of boats and said it was all a big misunderstanding and that not to worry and thanked the guy for trying to get it all squashed and to this day the guy is supposedly "owed one" from the Don..

FYI, the boat was way fast I guess... Oh and the calendar girls were "ok"...

Just something I was told.. Not sure if it's true...

Top Bottom