• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    You may not like Don but if he was a crook he would have been arrested by now.
    Not all crooks goto jail right away. Some are lucky enough to evade Law Enforcement for a while.

Don is much smarter than many give him credit for.
    No. Some people are just dumb enough to pay the prices he's asking without shopping around first.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I heard his prices are so high because his sales dont always include background checks.
    I guess he would be out of business if that was true, I would like to think so anyway.
    Not that he cant do that without getting caught.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Don - how could you not trust a guy with such classy commercials.

You may not like Don but if he was a crook he would have been arrested by now. Ha Ha not to insult you but that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. All criminals do not go to jail, Bill Clinton is still walking around isn't he? ;)

Don is much smarter than many give him credit for. I have a feeling that maybe just maybe, most of Dons customers could not obtain guns in most other shops. :dunno:

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I shoot there a bit during winter and leave with a case of black lung. Nothing good about that place.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Douchebag.jpg

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I think he stays withing the law. Failing to call in background checks would be stupid since as I understand it it will eventually catch up with you. It may take them a year or so to figure out what you're up to but eventually they will. I think he gets away with charging the prices he does because he has a steady supply of people coming in who don't know any better.

In addition his clientele has a tendency to shop within their own community. I'm not trying to be derogatory but minority communities and people who live in more urban as opposed to suburban environments tend to keep their business within the community. Suburbanites are more likely to travel across town to save a few bucks (or a few hundred as the case may be).

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I darkened his door once--once was enough BTW--I was there to break in my new Hi Point 995 that I purchased in Southern Indiana for $225 (complete with laser). He had the same gun--sans laser--for $399. When I asked the guy behind the counter why such a high price tag, all I got was a snarky remark about the price is what it is, get over it. Can you say "Bye-Bye" Sure, I knew ya could.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Old data but

Don's was listed as the #2 gun store in the country for selling guns which were traced back to the retailer after being used in a crime from 1996 - 2000. Interestingly enough, Indiana led the country in this study with 14 gun shops on the list. I doubt this has changed much.

For those who will undoubtedly ask for it, here's the publication..................
    http://content.thirdway.org/publica...me_-_High_Crime_Gun_Stores_Fuel_Criminals.pdf

See pages 7, 8, & 9

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I think he stays withing the law. Failing to call in background checks would be stupid since as I understand it it will eventually catch up with you. It may take them a year or so to figure out what you're up to but eventually they will. I think he gets away with charging the prices he does because he has a steady supply of people coming in who don't know any better.

In addition his clientele has a tendency to shop within their own community. I'm not trying to be derogatory but minority communities and people who live in more urban as opposed to suburban environments tend to keep their business within the community. Suburbanites are more likely to travel across town to save a few bucks (or a few hundred as the case may be).

Straw purchases

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    well my wife and i were at circle center mall and i knew that dons was not far away. i had never been there mind you, so i thought i would stop since i enjoy checking out shops ive never been in before. when i walked in there was don to welcome me and point out a few things. as i walk around i started checking out prices and i was thinking ( is this guy for real). i just bought a gen 4 glock 23 for 500 bucks. his were 600 and some change and they were supposed to be 20 percent off. i would hate to see his regular prices! other than that his help would not shut up or just back up and let me look. i understand being helpfull but they were just down right pushy. is this guy as big of a crook as it seems?
    Oh yeah. He is on top of your wallet from the moment you walk in the door. I use his range as I live close by and it is convenient on rainy days or to shoot center fire rifles. No distance just stress relief. His prices are beyond outrageous
    but he sends guns out the door.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You must be mistaken about your perception of Don's gun prices, because well all know... Don doesn't care about making money, he just LOVES to sell guns.:rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    [shrug]

Capitalism FTW.

I mean, in principle, he's not doing anything different than what other retailers do. The price is what the market will bear.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    My favorite story from there: a member of the local community was buying a pistol grip 12 gauge... I kept hearing from both the local and the salesman that the gun was going to be used for deer hunting...

There are too many decent gun shops in the area ever need to go back there.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Don's was listed as the #2 gun store in the country for selling guns which were traced back to the retailer after being used in a crime from 1996 - 2000.

thugs1.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom