• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    No he did not make all of his money from selling guns. Most of it yes to start other businesses and to invest in real estate. He is a very wealthy man.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Why is that? :dunno:
    If you find a gun too expensive when they tell you the price on the phone, then you are not going to buy it once you find out what is the price in the store either.
    Or maybe people find themselves forced to buy even if they dont like the price once they came all the way to the store.

Last time I called a gun shop I asked for a few prices to know how much cash I needed to bring with me, they were happy to tell me.

I think the general theory is that people are going to call and check prices to get otehr shops to go down on theirs.

I have been at a shop when a guy called to ask about a price and the employee actually heard the guy tell someone that XYZ store has it for this would they match it.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Call Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They have no reason not to. They've given me a price every time I've asked. Even if they would have to order it.

PSS is as far as i go anymore....last year i was looking for a sig P232 for a pocket gun......they gave me a price, and i stated i am just shopping around....they told me I would waste alot of gas, and would be back.....AND THEY WERE RIGHT!!!! after drivng around most of the day, they still had the best price and the best service. That included Bradis!!!!!

Back on point.....Don is a dickweed!!!

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Gotta give ol Don a +1.... Yes that's right a +1...

$16.95 is now the normal rate for 30 minutes at the range.

Go once and spend the $16.95. Return within 10 days with receipt and you get $10.00 off.

So........

$16.95 Normal
    -$2.00 for the free keychain they give you
    -$10.00 for returning within 10 days..

Now every trip (within 10 days) will cost $4.95

Not to shabby. However I would still rather go to BG hands down.

Cheers

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Gotta give ol Don a +1.... Yes that's right a +1...

$16.95 is now the normal rate for 30 minutes at the range.

Go once and spend the $16.95. Return within 10 days with receipt and you get $10.00 off.

So........

$16.95 Normal
    -$2.00 for the free keychain they give you
    -$10.00 for returning within 10 days..

Now every trip (within 10 days) will cost $4.95

Not to shabby. However I would still rather go to BG hands down.

Cheers

Or come to Eagle Creek, $15 for the hour, no crap, no gimmicks, safe shooting environment and not get robbed or swept by gangsters.

Or a $75 10 visit pass that gives you an entire day (ENTIRE DAY!!) of shooting for $7.50 and doesn't require you to keep returning to a shady store and continue supporting an alleged criminal!! :yesway:

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Or come to Eagle Creek, $15 for the hour, no crap, no gimmicks, safe shooting environment and not get robbed or swept by gangsters.

Or a $75 10 visit pass that gives you an entire day (ENTIRE DAY!!) of shooting for $7.50 and doesn't require you to keep returning to a shady store and continue supporting an alleged criminal!! :yesway:

That's a good deal..... if they were open to the public more than 2 days a week........ BTW Don Davis doesn't own Don's Guns anymore...... his daughter does..... Unfortunately I go to Don's to use the range as it is the closest in proximity to my home.... If ECPR was open more than 2 days a week to the public I would be there any chance I got...... Yes all of their guns and ammo are outrageously over priced.... That's why I only pay for range time..... not paying for hearing and eye protection.... bought my own..... not paying for targets..... bought my own..... NO WAY I'm buying ammo there.... all there is is range time.......

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Never been to the Eagle Creek range, I was actually considering it today but then the sky turned black.. It is just an outdoor range, right?

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The outdoor range I go to doesn't allow rapid firing so I have been twice this year to use the indoor range at Don's. The last time I was in Don was there as well. The gun prices are outrageous but he did give me a free Don's Guns t-shirt!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Never been to the Eagle Creek range, I was actually considering it today but then the sky turned black.. It is just an outdoor range, right?

We are open only on the weekends, but have 20 lanes. I have yet to see us filled to capacity with the new lanes opened, so no waiting.

It's outdoor, but the baffles, plus a roof over the firing line provide a nice cover. It can rain cats and dogs, no problem. We have shooting barrels and tables to hold your stuff, trained and friendly ROs to maintain safety and even help if needed with shooting form.

As for rapid fire: We see it as such: Hitting the target, I have no problem. Hitting everything BUT the target, we might give a friendly reminder... :D

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville

The firing line is covered and there are walls on either side, but there are only baffles overhead for the first 25 yards of the range - or so. So it is "sorta" outdoors.

Thanks for your interest! We'd love to see you out there.

Guy

Edit: Oops. Disposable Heart was way ahead of me - as usual!!

Last edited:

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Quote from wikipedia:
    Davis is a scum bag, and the largest independent gun dealer in the United States,[1

Gotta love wikipedia - they tell it like it is. Not sure about the second part, but the first is true.

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Dons guns is a joke yes he has nice things there but wow his prices can give you a stroke and I went in to buy some 410 got five freaking shells of buckshot for ten bucks do the math!!!!! 2 bucks apiece tell me you ain't tryin to make money haha

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I picked up a NIB Gen3 Glock 23 at Don's roughly a year ago. I later learned that I paid about $75 more than I should have paid for a NIB Glock. Sad, but true.

Unfortunately, I went there before I discovered the INGO community and the truth about Don's.

I remember visiting the range a few times after my purchase. It was absurdly hot, inadequately ventilated, and despite wearing excellent hearing protection, I left with my ears ringing.

I will say one "positive" thing. Despite getting ripped off in terms of price, the "sales associate" that I dealt with was a fairly cordial and respectful fellow. That being said, I still haven't been back since.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All of you dissing Don are just H.A.T.E.R.S.!

Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Sucess

You may not like the man or his high prices but you must admit that he has a good business model and is making money off it. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom