• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Wait!!! You guys really think he owns an over priced gun store to make money?! I really think he just loves to sell guns... not that he makes money on that.. ugh, nevermind. ;)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    "It's better to own a gun and not need it
    than to need a gun and not own it."
    We don't make the rules, we just follow them!
    - Don Davis

That is on the front page of his website www.donsguns.com. I guess I didn't realize he was the person that said that age old quote.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I've never given a negative rep, but you're tempting me.
    Wasn't he (D**) a Hoffa enforcer or something lame like that once upon a time?

Not that I am aware of, he did in fact work as a teamster while working on the dock of the trucking company that my Dad worked at. In fact, my Dad said he loaned him $50.00 which he never got paid back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Anyone ever wonder if 'ol Don ever googles himself to see what others are saying about him/store? Or the store's employees? Or if they CARE?

-J-

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I have never had the privilige to visit his fine store! I feel like I need to spend the time and gas (12 mpgx80 miles each way) to go see this mecca of the gun world!

Hes a toolbag for sure!

-MColford

brichindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I almost stepped my foot in that place a few years back when I was in town and looking for a CZ. None of the stores seemed to have them in stock. So I was pulling into the lot when something urgent came up and I had to leave. Thank goodness for that!

I called them later to ask about what they had in stock and their prices... Boy was I taken aback by the response. It was something like "We are the largest dealer in Indiana and our policy is to not disclose prices over the phone, because of our large inventory most likely we have what you're looking for in stock, why don't you head down and see what you like"... Are you kidding me???!!! I have never heard of any reputable business that wouldn't disclose prices over the phone!

What a shady dealer :noway:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Wait!!! You guys really think he owns an over priced gun store to make money?! I really think he just loves to sell guns... not that he makes money on that.. ugh, nevermind. ;)

FIFY.:D

I have been in there twice sadly. Once was sheer curiosity shortly after my 18th birthday. Planned to never go back.

Then six months ago, a friend dropped in and he was talking about buying his first handgun. I told him we could go make a day of it, get him to feel some up and see what he liked. He said okay... Unfortunately, shortly before we left he was doing some google-fu and was looking up a bunch of gun stores within 20/30 miles. He wrote Don's on the list and wanted to shoot the DEagle .50AE. Somehow he talked me into walking in there again.:dunno: Might have involved buying lunch or something. I dunno. He didn't even shoot the DEagle because of how awkward he felt. We weren't in there more than 5 mins.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I almost stepped my foot in that place a few years back when I was in town and looking for a CZ. None of the stores seemed to have them in stock. So I was pulling into the lot when something urgent came up and I had to leave. Thank goodness for that!

I called them later to ask about what they had in stock and their prices... Boy was I taken aback by the response. It was something like "We are the largest dealer in Indiana and our policy is to not disclose prices over the phone, because of our large inventory most likely we have what you're looking for in stock, why don't you head down and see what you like"... Are you kidding me???!!! I have never heard of any reputable business that wouldn't disclose prices over the phone!

What a shady dealer :noway:

I actually think you will find many gun shops that do not disclose prices over the phone. I can't say as I blame them either.

dfinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    back in the 80's we installed B.R. glass at his first range in Castleton he was weard then

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I actually think you will find many gun shops that do not disclose prices over the phone. I can't say as I blame them either.

Call Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They have no reason not to. They've given me a price every time I've asked. Even if they would have to order it.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Call Plainfield Shooting Supplies. They have no reason not to. They've given me a price every time I've asked. Even if they would have to order it.

I have complete respect for Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Good people, reasonable prices. Much like Bradis - this is how an Indiana gun shop should be operated.

Now we should just get PSS to advertise on INGO.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Went in there once and only once, will not go back.

I was looking for a jericho 941, they had one for....$700:n00b: mind you this was a <$500 gun, hell they were $375 on gunbroker for quite a while. I noticed everything in the store was at least $200 or more:rolleyes: above other stores ie. PSS.

Moreover, I asked the guy at the counter if i could see the gun, NOPE! since i was only 20 yrs old i couldn't hold it nor could he even take it out of the case because i wasn't 21:xmad: ...nevermind that i had my LTCH and a S&W5906 on my belt. I thought...wow, never again.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Went in there once and only once, will not go back.

I was looking for a jericho 941, they had one for....$700:n00b: mind you this was a <$500 gun, hell they were $375 on gunbroker for quite a while. I noticed everything in the store was at least $200 or more:rolleyes: above other stores ie. PSS.

Moreover, I asked the guy at the counter if i could see the gun, NOPE! since i was only 20 yrs old i couldn't hold it nor could he even take it out of the case because i wasn't 21:xmad: ...nevermind that i had my LTCH and a S&W5906 on my belt. I thought...wow, never again.

Well that makes sense, I dont know any store that would let you see the gun knowing that you cannot legally buy it.
    They wouldnt let a 12 years old hold it either.
    Not saying that the law is not silly, since you can carry at 18 but only buy at 21, but that's the law.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Why is that? :dunno:
    If you find a gun too expensive when they tell you the price on the phone, then you are not going to buy it once you find out what is the price in the store either.
    Or maybe people find themselves forced to buy even if they dont like the price once they came all the way to the store.

Last time I called a gun shop I asked for a few prices to know how much cash I needed to bring with me, they were happy to tell me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom