Donelly caving, Coats on the verge. Call NOW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We BOTH voted for a loser who would have undoubtedly taken care of our 2nd Amendment...

It was common knowledge your man had no chance. I blame everyone who didn't vote in the the best interest of our 2nd Amendment. Here we are discussing trying to keep such rights because of these actions.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It was common knowledge your man had no chance. I blame everyone who didn't vote in the the best interest of our 2nd Amendment. Here we are discussing trying to keep such rights because of these actions.

:rolleyes:

The only thing making it common knowledge is YOU and YOUR KIND refusing to vote for him. I can only assume it's because you WANT more Patriot Act, more NDAA, more asset forfeiture, more loss of freedom. You're willing to throw everything else under the bus, every other freedom we have, JUST to vote for a guy who MIGHT actually back the 2nd Amendment. And that backing is doubtful based on the large number of Republicans over the years who have said one thing and done another. And Horning would be far more reliable on not only the 2nd Amendment, but everything else as well, than Mourdock.

I won't be a party to more NDAA, more Patriot Act, more asset forfeiture, more War on Drugs, more restrictions on free speech, more wars against people who have not attacked us, or a lot of other things the Republicans have helped bring us. It's a shame you will.

A lot of people around here would vote for Pol Pot or Idi Amin if they had (R) after their names.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    donnelly_letterhead.png

March 29, 2013

Dear Mr. XXXX,

I am a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I have voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. It is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like that happening again.

Whether a gun owner or not, a Democrat or a Republican, everyone would agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern is not those who follow the law, but those who do not. For this reason, I will not support legislation that would ban the sale of assault weapons to those who obey the law. I will, however, give serious consideration to proposals that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

sig_footer.png

Thanks to both Joe and Dan, nearly identical responses. I so asked for a reply specific to the concerns I raised. Thanks for replying with the SAME form letter that I included for him specifically as reference for what I DID NOT want to see.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Bw, look at it the way I do. The answer is not with the Libertarian party. I am convinced they are quite happy being a sort of social club. Their party is doomed to garner no more than 1% of the national vote because they can't or won't offer the public a candidate, that can generate a following to push them over the line. They can sit there, on their theoretical perfection because they've never had to actually govern.

To get the country back to its original, constitutional footing some party (and I'm not convinced it's the GOP) or some other political force will have to espouse the values and virtues of the founders...not try to be progressive-light RINO's and certainly not the politically correct finger waggers of the LP. They don't have the numbers to help and the non-LP politicians need to get the other 99% to want to vote for them rather than sitting home in disgust.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Murdock slit his own throat, Donelly was never a pro gun guy and Coats voted for the Clinton Ban, now what do you expect. :dunno:

and LUGAR.

We are better off with Donnelly than Lugar. Donnelly at least won't vote for a AW or magazine ban.

Mourdock... well as others have pointed out, he royally screwed the pooch with his slip up and handed Donnelly the election. Overall I liked Mourdock and his gaff was exploited when he obviously didn't mean that God wanted rapes to happen.

So, are we better off with a Democrat Donnelly than a Republican Lugar? YES!

Donnelly wants reelection and knows he only won because Mourdock handed him the election on a silver platter. Keep the pressure up and he will most likely vote pro-gun.

Stop contacting him and he'll vote with harry reid.

Donnelly is the Senator and we have to live with that for another 4~ years. Lets hope we get a real conservative and not another Coats next time.

If Donnelly supports RKBA 100% between now and the reelection, I'd support him over another Coats import. I'm done voting party line.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    and LUGAR.

We are better off with Donnelly than Lugar. Donnelly at least won't vote for a AW or magazine ban.

From Donelly's apparent 2A auto-response letter:
    Whether a gun owner or not, a Democrat or a Republican, everyone would agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern is not those who follow the law, but those who do not. For this reason, I will not support legislation that would ban the sale of assault weapons to those who obey the law. I will, however, give serious consideration to proposals that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Sometimes politicians mean EXACTLY what they say. It says right there that he would support UBC's--not explicitly, but that last sentence is, by definition, UBC. He also doesn't say he won't support magazine bans or size limits. And he obviously believes there are steps to be taken "that won't sacrifice 2A rights..." Your endorsement of Donelly is a bit premature, in my opinion. I would wager there will be plenty of opportunities to regret his election on the issue of 2A alone.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Has everyone here forgotten that, even if this UBC passes the senate, which is still an IF at this point, that it still has to pass the house? Where men like Todd Rokita, Steven King (IA), and Luke Messer will have a real chance at killing it?

BTW The head of the house judiciary committee (the committee that this bill would be sent to) announced on day one that he wasn't interested in such things and instead wants to see mental health addressed.

Not that I'm dumb enough to believe politicians, but the house is a different animal entirely than the senate.

EDIT: And I'll talk to Coats. Personally. Next Weds.

My :twocents:, after having been deeply active in the Indiana GOP for a while now, it's my humble opinion that the IN voting base isn't going to tolerate RINO senators anymore....so long as they have a viable alternative candidate in the primary. The "powers that be" don't have near the power that they once did and the IN voting base is a lot more educated than they were even a few years ago.
    The trick is finding candidates who won't blow themselves up a la Mourdock.
    I can think of four Indiana congressmen who could take on Coats and win in 2016 if they really tried. Control of the money and messaging has shifted away from the RNC. They have a good deal of influence for sure and aren't pushovers, but they're not the titans they once were.

Last edited:

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Today,I called Coats,Donnelly,and Brooks------I sent all three letters(snail mail)----

I signed a letter from GOA(to the three)-------I also sent a check to the NRA-ILA----

--WHAT DID YOU DO TO PROTECT OUR GUN RIGHTS????????

I am a member of GOA---NMLRA---Benefactor Life NRA---NRA certified instructor in 9 disiplines.

My ex wife is NRA---My children are NRA------My grandchildren go with granpa to the shooting range-----they have all taken gun safety courses------If we(YOU)dont get fully involved in this ----we will ALL loose

I put my mouth,my time,and my money where my beliefs are-----HOW ABOUT YOU???

NRA Benefactor,tallend

Dam proud of it

Just for braggin'information----When I was president of fcvcc--our club was elected

NRA GUN CLUB of the YEAR

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    donnelly_letterhead.png

March 29, 2013

Dear Mr. XXXX,

I am a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I have voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. It is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like that happening again.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

sig_footer.png

Thanks to both Joe and Dan, nearly identical responses. I so asked for a reply specific to the concerns I raised. Thanks for replying with the SAME form letter that I included for him specifically as reference for what I DID NOT want to see.
    Same form letter I received yesterday. They don't listen to anybody but other db's in Washington.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Has everyone here forgotten that, even if this UBC passes the senate, which is still an IF at this point, that it still has to pass the house?

Nothing in the senate is going anywhere, Reed knows it is a suicide vote and is not going to let something like this see a vote knowing that it will go nowhere

Top Bottom