Donelly caving, Coats on the verge. Call NOW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The Republican party does a great job of electing another pathetic piece of trash that is really a recycled old white guy. When will they ever learn? Where are the strong young people who have values and not like Lugar, Coats, Graham, or McCain? Somebody in this state has to be able to beat Coats in the next election but I am guessing it will be another 50+ year old white guy instead of another Cruz or Rand.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Republican party does a great job of electing another pathetic piece of trash that is really a recycled old white guy. When will they ever learn? Where are the strong young people who have values and not like Lugar, Coats, Graham, or McCain? Somebody in this state has to be able to beat Coats in the next election but I am guessing it will be another 50+ year old white guy instead of another Cruz or Rand.

the machine knows exactly what is does. did you really think your vote counts in the general election?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm not sure what anybody's race has to do with it. Let's not play their game, please.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I will say it here and again later. They can pass that damn UBC if they want. I will find someone to buy and sell with that will not care that they passed a stupid law saying we could not.

Anyone willing to publicly make that deal with me if the law does get passed?

Considering how many boot licking cowards already "require" a LTCH on private transactions, I wonder how many will honor the wishes of their federal masters?

All I have to to say is the same thing I've been saying:

Any law repugnant to the Constitution is null and void.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I will say it here and again later. They can pass that damn UBC if they want. I will find someone to buy and sell with that will not care that they passed a stupid law saying we could not.

Anyone willing to publicly make that deal with me if the law does get passed?

Depends. Whatchyou got that I might want? :):

Considering how many boot licking cowards already "require" a LTCH on private transactions, I wonder how many will honor the wishes of their federal masters?

A little due diligence is a boot-licking coward? You sound just like the left. The only good way is your way.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Me too...though I think it's a losing battle.

Since when has Congress been willing to do the will of the people, rather than the will of the RIGHT people?

They don't give a flip what *we* think. We don't control their re-election war chests.

Party bigwigs think Republican are losing because they aren't liberal enough. Thus, we are going to see more primaries where conservatives are undermined and the anointed "moderate" will be ascendant.

Then again, by nominating people like Mourdock or Christine O'Donnell (Delaware), the Tea Party hasn't done itself any favors in advancing its cause in the struggle against the entrenched Republican leadership.

Buckley Rule: always support that farthest rightward candidate that is a viable candidate (reasonable speaker, won't stick foot in mouth, etc).

H

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Depends. Whatchyou got that I might want? :):

A little due diligence is a boot-licking coward? You sound just like the left. The only good way is your way.

Why is there a need for due diligence? Is the seller somehow responsible for the buyer's future conduct?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Top notch communication skills at work here!
    Sold me. :rolleyes:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Why is there a need for due diligence? Is the seller somehow responsible for the buyer's future conduct?

Top notch communication skills at work here!
    Sold me. :rolleyes:

It's a quite apt depiction of what is transpiring when someone puts useless stipulations onto something in the (false) hopes that at some unlikely time in the future they may have to beg forgiveness for something they did which was completely lawful and there are zero repercussions for their lawful actions and the boot licking groveling they anticipate needing in the future will, in actuality, do nothing to shield them from future consequences.

It has nothing to do about "my way", it has to do with the idiotic notion that playing "tiny tyrant" in the Cabelas parking lot will in any way benefit anyone.

When viewed under that light, it most certainly is exactly as I described it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Where do the FFL's stand on this? They stand to make a good bit of money if this passes. Are more of them against it than are for it? The business community really needs to step things up.

I just called both (from the shop phone so they knew what I was when I called) and stated what you just said..I told them by passing UBC I would stand to add thousands of dollars to my shops revenue but that the Constitution is quite clear in the commerce clause (Congress shall pass no law regarding interstate commerce..etc..), and that by passing such a law they would basically turn two guys out rabbit hunting (who likes the others shotgun better than the one they have, and lord knows we all do that,) into criminals if they decided to trade. I also stated that it would be entirely unenforcable and with the LEO community in dire financial straights as they are now I can't see it being anything other than a feel good measure.

The gun control act of 1968 was largely supported by the gun manufacturers due to the inexpensive imports coming into the country (mausers for $15.00) and you have a legitimate concern here mrjarrell...The point being is the GCA of 1968 proved that when money is involved we will sometimes eat our own..(Remember Smith and Wesson in 1994?)

I really don't think Gun Shops would make any money because I really don't see folks even following this law if it passes.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Made my contacts.

Again.

If somehow they can get this thing killed in the Senate, then we don't have to hear about it in the house at all. Would be nice to not have to talk politics for a while.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Considering how many boot licking cowards already "require" a LTCH on private transactions, I wonder how many will honor the wishes of their federal masters?...

It's a quite apt depiction of what is transpiring when someone puts useless stipulations onto something in the (false) hopes that at some unlikely time in the future they may have to beg forgiveness for something they did which was completely lawful and there are zero repercussions for their lawful actions and the boot licking groveling they anticipate needing in the future will, in actuality, do nothing to shield them from future consequences.

It has nothing to do about "my way", it has to do with the idiotic notion that playing "tiny tyrant" in the Cabelas parking lot will in any way benefit anyone.

When viewed under that light, it most certainly is exactly as I described it.

WOW, there might be something to learn here if one could get by all the arrogant condescending name calling and such. I can't...

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    donnelly is not even worth the effort, he's a liberal, not for the people, just like 99% of all politicians, i honestly do not believe that calling or emailing does anything, eventhough i just did, i have to at least hope something i do makes a difference, but honestly with the millions of liberal trolls and all the organizations that send our mass fake emails and calls to reps, i really dont think we have a chance, look at things right now, its all going south and has been for some time.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    donnelly is not even worth the effort, he's a liberal, not for the people, just like 99% of all politicians, i honestly do not believe that calling or emailing does anything, even though i just did, i have to at least hope something i do makes a difference, but honestly with the millions of liberal trolls and all the organizations that send our mass fake emails and calls to reps, i really dont think we have a chance, look at things right now, its all going south and has been for some time.

Thank you, just keep calling.

I've got the capital switchboard on my speed dial. I keep calling, like the colonists did before they declared independence, you have to exhaust all other avenues first.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Made my contacts.

Again.

If somehow they can get this thing killed in the Senate, then we don't have to hear about it in the house at all. Would be nice to not have to talk politics for a while.

It would be VERY nice to not have to talk politics. Guns and politics go hand-in-hand IMHO. I agree with you 100%.

Top Bottom