• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I don’t see this as a conservative movement boycotting a product and a company. I see this as consumers saying that they will look elsewhere for the product because they don’t like being lectured to by over paid hacks.

Maybe someone in that very large corporation should’ve realized they are there to get people to buy their crap. Insulting a large part of your customer base is not a good way to get people to buy your crap.

IIRC the term silent majority dates back to the Nixon administration. I think Anheuser-Busch just learned that this term holds true today. There are a lot of choices for beer, and it’s not hard to change your choice of mass produced light/Lite American beer.
    Maybe they wanted to follow Disney‘s approach.
    Seems to be working out great with all of Disney‘s lost revenue stock prices etc

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See the problem is that they don't have any qualms about holding DeSantis's feet to the fire but they don't want others to do it to Trump.
    Incorrect. We enjoy seeing the gnashing of teeth from DeRomneyis acolytes receiving a couple of months of what we've been served up for seven years

We're appalled at how weak your wushu is

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would that Ron would attack the US involvement in the Ukraine war with the same fervor with which he goes after Disney instead of crawfishing

All show and no go

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Funny definition of politician to me. I do not hold Bidet responsbile for Hunter Bidet‘s personal political pronouncements. Now crimes are another story...
    Hunter is basically a trust fund baby, outside of his crimes.

Don Jr. is far more active as a public figure in DJT's political sphere, including being a political advisor to DJT during his elections, if not at least informally during DJT's administration.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not sure why we're getting into the Trump v DeSantis thing in this thread. If Bug wants to look in the DeSantis thread I threw him a bone over there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You go Bug. It would be boring banter without spicing it up.

View attachment 270735
    It's that projected binary thinking bug has going on. :):

He can't imagine people not having a guy in the same way he has a guy. So if one's guy isn't Trump, it must be DeSantis. I think it's best not to have a guy. Just vote for the least evil choice. Not sure who that is yet. I'll decide sometime between now and May 2, 2024, assuming best cases.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

He can't imagine people not having a guy in the same way he has a guy. So if one's guy isn't Trump, it must be DeSantis. I think it's best not to have a guy. Just vote for the least evil choice. Not sure who that is yet. I'll decide sometime between now and May 2, 2024, assuming best cases.
    Agreed. I’m neither a “never Trumper” or a “only Trumper”. Let’s do more presenting solutions and attacking the democrats than the 2016 campaign redux.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Probably the last week of April when we see who is still running.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Incorrect. We enjoy seeing the gnashing of teeth from DeRomneyis acolytes receiving a couple of months of what we've been served up for seven years

We're appalled at how weak
    your wushu is
    Just wanted to get back to addressing this post for a sec and ask you this then I'll take my leave back to the Trump v DeSantis appropriate threads where they belong.

Would you consider me to be a "DeRommey acolyte" attributable to my posting history about Trump and DeSantis.? I've only referred to what I call "ardent Trump supporters" in my posts in this thread. It's not meant as a personal dig.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed. I’m neither a “never Trumper” or a “only Trumper”. Let’s do more presenting solutions and attacking the democrats than the 2016 campaign redux.
    Forgive me for pointing this out, but you're quite active in pointing out - quite often - where you feel Trump has let you down or fallen short of what you wanted from him

I am having difficulty squaring that with 'presenting solutions' and only 'attacking democrats'

Is castigating Don Jr vis a vis the thread topic, based on assumptions of what his motives are/were (must be the large donations), well aligned with those sentiments?

Seems like when Ron starts taking heat, the rhetoric shifts to 'Can't we all just get along' but Trump (any Trump) seems to be fair game anytime anywhere

Our justice system doesn't appear to be the only two-tiered process

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just wanted to get back to addressing this post for a sec and ask you this then I'll take my leave back to the Trump v DeSantis appropriate threads where they belong.

Would you consider me to be a "DeRommey acolyte" attributable to my posting history about Trump and DeSantis.? I've only referred to what I call "ardent Trump supporters" in my posts in this thread. It's not meant as a personal dig.
    I don't quite know where to place you in the spectrum (for jamil) of Trump supporters

Sometimes you seem quite happy to jump in on Trump bashing, sometimes you seem to be trying to be a voice of relative reason

I think if DeSantis' entire life had been fine tooth combed like Trump's has been, people might be a bit more cautious in their support. IMO Ron wants it too bad, as evidenced by his quick trimming of his sails on Ukraine in reaction to modest push back from main stream press and politicians. I believe he is being packaged and sold to us a Trump on Adderal - more focused and less distractible - and I believe he is a willing partner in this process because he WANTS the big chair. FOMO. I'm not sure he has any vision of what he wants to do with it if he gets it and I'd like to know who's doing the packaging

I think 'on to the next shiny' as a precondition for choosing a presidential candidate is a recipe for failure

I think the people who claim they haven't made up their minds about a 2024 candidate are only fooling themselves

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems like when Ron starts taking heat, the rhetoric shifts to 'Can't we all just get along' but Trump (any Trump) seems to be fair game anytime anywhere
    Nope. Take your shots at DeSantis. I’m not married to him. I’m not an only-DeSantis either.

Trump Jr. and Sr, when, in my view, they screw up, I’m going to call it as I see it. Selling out for donors is screwing up.

Top Bottom