• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK if Don' jr and whomever else made a miscalculation thinking that it would never be exposed that AB is a major donor. but if they didn't think about that then it would've been a major blunder because it was a pretty sure bet that there would be some checking into what motivated Don jr. to do what he did. Now we know what the apparent motivation was. Big donor money.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Don Jr. is right about Anheuser-Busch contributing more to the Red team than the Blue (right now).
    AB contributions to both teams have varied over the years. Some years heavier Blue, other years heavier Red.
    To think that AB is some kind of loyal conservative entity would be a mistake in my estimation.

OpenSecrets.Org is a beautiful service.

1681883021548.png

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

I have to say, I usually like what Don Jr. has to say, but I completely disagree with this. A financial hit is the only thing any company is going to listen to. These companies need to wake up and realize that the majority of Americans don't agree with the Left Wing Agenda.

Don Jr. must have stock in AB

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Don Jr. must have stock in AB
    Anheuser-Busch is embedded in many Mutual Funds.
    Most likely almost everyone has some financial stake in Anheuser-Busch.
    Don Jr. is seen as a personality in the conservative movement. It's more likely that he got some phone calls rather than he might be worried about his BUD stock.

If anyone owns the mutual funds below, they own some AB (as of 12/31/2022)...
    Fidelity Equity Dividend Income Fund,
    Fidelity Advisor Equity Income Fund,
    Dodge & Cox Stock Fund,
    American Balanced Fund,
    Dodge & Cox Balanced Fund,
    Invesco Global Core Equity Fund,
    and more.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No matter who they do or don't support, the main thing is when any companies steps in it this badly, you let them know. I'm not going to hold my nose because a company supports the Reds more than the Blues. If they F up culturally in such a huge way, letting them know is the best way to go IMO. These are companies and they run on people buying their :poop:. Stop buying their :poop: and they'll eventually figure out where they went wrong.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's been mentioned before by myself and others. I think there's no doubt that Don jr. didn't just decide on his own to put his neck out there for AB because he likes to drink Bud Lite. The most likely scenario which I happen to believe is that he did it because he was approached by whomever to try and bail AB out on his podcast and he obliged.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's been mentioned before by myself and others. I think there's no doubt that Don jr. didn't just decide on his own to put his neck out there for AB because he likes to drink Bud Lite. The most likely scenario which I happen to believe is that he did it because he was approached by whomever to try and bail AB out on his podcast.
    And this is exactly why conflict-of-interest disclosures are a thing. And why I pretty much don't trust any politicians at the federal level (and, increasingly, at the state level).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the aforementioned article Don jr tries to make the case that AB supports conservative politicians.

Those who truly support conservatives don't do things like collaborating with whacko tranny activists that try to influence teenagers by dressing as a teenage girl and cavorting around on social media. This is a perfect example of the dark side of social media that is poisoning our youth and corrupting their minds. This is inexcusable and I say FATWO AB and the same goes for you Don jr for attempting to bail them out.

1681910976334.png

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In the aforementioned article Don jr tries to make the case that AB supports conservative politicians.

Those who truly support conservatives don't do things like collaborating with whacko tranny activists that try to influence teenagers by dressing as a teenage girl and cavorting around on social media. This is a perfect example of the dark side of social media that is poisoning our youth and corrupting their minds. This is inexcusable and I say FATWO AB and the same goes for you Don jr for attempting to bail them out.

View attachment 270577
    It is concievable that a company as large as AB could have people employed that don't have the values the leadership might support. But when it comes to your attention you have creeps and weirdos like the marketing person that green-lit this train wreck, you fire them--if they truly are at odds with your principles and values, and you want to show to your customers that a mistake was made and it won't happen again.

ETA--and your fire everyone that had anything to do with hiring this person and/or approving the campaign.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It is concievable that a company as large as AB could have people employed that don't have the values the leadership might support. But when it comes to your attention you have creeps and weirdos like the marketing person that green-lit this train wreck, you fire them--if they truly are at odds with your principles and values, and you want to show to your customers that a mistake was made and it won't happen again.

ETA--and your fire everyone that had anything to do with hiring this person and/or approving the campaign.
    Understood but this should not absolve AB from being held responsible for what happens under their brand.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Understood but this should not absolve AB from being held responsible for what happens under their brand.

No, but that's a start that lets people know that it was a mistake and was being taken seriously. Putting out a "patriotic" commercial and mouthing platitudes shows you don't take it seriously and this garbage is likely to continue / happen again.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Agreed. Until they mend their ways, they're dead to me.
    And by mending their ways it should be made abundantly clear to all employees and management and future hires that in no uncertain terms with this be tolerated. But will they do it out of concern that they will be targeted by leftist woke activists?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And by mending their ways it should be made abundantly clear to all employees and management and future hires that in no uncertain terms with this be tolerated. But will they do it out of concern that they will be targeted by leftist woke activists?
    They are slaves to their ESG score, I'd imagine. That will preclude them from boldly making a stand in opposition to this stuff.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They will not do it. The big money is on the other end coupled with ESG blackmail.

This is a cool test to see just how much pressure the consumers can exert from the bottom while the big money funders squeeze from the top…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They are slaves to their ESG score, I'd imagine. That will preclude them from boldly making a stand in opposition to this stuff.
    They are certainly in a conundrum by putting themselves in a position now to being targeted by both the left and the right. This is a shining example of the perils of getting sucked into the politics of everything. Howbout this for a marketing strategy? Just stick with providing product and stay out of the arena. I won't even charge them for that advice.

Make it abundantly clear then and stress it to their management and employees that AB as a brand will not get involved in politics.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Make it abundantly clear then and stress it to their management and employees that AB as a brand will not get involved in politics.
    This is the problem with ESG. You have to be involved. You have to be on the right side of the issues and you have to check certain boxes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They are certainly in a conundrum by putting themselves in a position now to being targeted by both the left and the right. This is a shining example of the perils of getting sucked into the politics of everything. Howbout this for a marketing strategy? Just stick with providing product and stay out of the arena. I won't even charge them for that advice.

Make it abundantly clear then and stress it to their management and employees that AB will not get involved in politics.
    I’m not so sure a company like this got “sucked” into the culture war as much as the left attacked them into it. Are you reading the articles that describe the blackmail from the ESG side? They have tried to hide it for years but now they can’t hide it from customers. We all knew they were succumbing to financial blackmail but most waited until this level to say anything…

Top Bottom