• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Selling out for donors is screwing up.
    INGO claims to appreciate and respect loyalty, but sure is quick to ridicule it when it does not go as they wish. This seems a rock and hard place scenario. Oz supported Trump when it was not easy but many thought Trump should dump him. For me tough choice.

Now, we have a big corporation that again, supported Trump when it was tough, but when they needed support he and his surrogates are supposed to turn their backs on them? So in an art of the deal type maneuver Don Jr. made a quick statement of support on a single podcast as I have seen and it is blown all out of proportion…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    INGO claims to appreciate and respect loyalty, but sure is quick to ridicule it when it does not go as they wish. This seems a rock and hard place scenario. Oz supported Trump when it was not easy but many thought Trump should dump him. For me tough choice.

Now, we have a big corporation that again, supported Trump when it was tough, but when they needed support he and his surrogates are supposed to turn their backs on them? So in an art of the deal type maneuver Don Jr. made a quick statement of support on a single podcast as I have seen and it is blown all out of proportion…
    He said what he said. I’m assuming he meant it. I don’t follow him very closely but the times I’ve heard him speak, he was direct and seemed to say what he meant.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He said what he said. I’m assuming he meant it. I don’t follow him very closely but the times I’ve heard him speak, he was direct and seemed to say what he meant.
    I didn’t say he did not mean it. Is there no room for discussion on the right and are we trying to be as bad as the left? What exactly was said? Let’s look at that.

“So here’s the deal. Anheuser-Busch totally **** the bed with this Dylan Mulvaney thing. I’m not, though, for destroying an American, an iconic company for something like this,”

“We looked into the political giving and lobbying history of Anheuser-Busch. And guess what? They actually support Republicans.”

“Last cycle their employees and their PAC gave about 60% to Republicans and 40% to Democrats. That’s literally almost unheard of in corporate America, where it’s really easy to go woke, where they do so constantly, where there’s a consequence to actually being a conservative. So 60 / 40 to the conservative side is kind of a big deal,”

“This is like the opposite of that. This is one like we’re dunking on them now, but when you actually look into it, they’d be one of the more conservative-leaning companies in America,”

So it is unreasonable to say these words? To reflect on unintended consequences with these words is traitorous to the cause?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I didn’t say he did not mean it. Is there no room for discussion on the right and are we trying to be as bad as the left? What exactly was said? Let’s look at that.

“So here’s the deal. Anheuser-Busch totally **** the bed with this Dylan Mulvaney thing. I’m not, though, for destroying an American, an iconic company for something like this,”

“We looked into the political giving and lobbying history of Anheuser-Busch. And guess what? They actually support Republicans.”

“Last cycle their employees and their PAC gave about 60% to Republicans and 40% to Democrats. That’s literally almost unheard of in corporate America, where it’s really easy to go woke, where they do so constantly, where there’s a consequence to actually being a conservative. So 60 / 40 to the conservative side is kind of a big deal,”

“This is like the opposite of that. This is one like we’re dunking on them now, but when you actually look into it, they’d be one of the more conservative-leaning companies in America,”

So it is unreasonable to say these words? To reflect on unintended consequences with these words is traitorous to the cause?
    This is in the same category as the bump stock ban for me. AB donating a couple of hundred grand to Rs doesn't offset going full woke on this. An apology and dumping the idiots that did it would.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't quite know where to place you in the spectrum (for jamil) of Trump supporters

Sometimes you seem quite happy to jump in on Trump bashing, sometimes you seem to be trying to be a voice of relative reason

I think if DeSantis' entire life had been fine tooth combed like Trump's has been, people might be a bit more cautious in their support. IMO Ron wants it too bad, as evidenced by his quick trimming of his sails on Ukraine in reaction to modest push back from main stream press and politicians. I believe he is being packaged and sold to us a Trump on Adderal - more focused and less distractible - and I believe he is a willing partner in this process because he WANTS the big chair. FOMO. I'm not sure he has any vision of what he wants to do with it if he gets it and I'd like to know who's doing the packaging

I think 'on to the next shiny' as a precondition for choosing a presidential candidate is a recipe for failure

I think the people who claim they haven't made up their minds about a 2024 candidate are only fooling themselves
    This is all well and good but you never addressed my question as to what I interpreted you said in response to my other post. So I'll ask you once again. Even though I may have been critical of Trump for a few things does it mean that in doing so I'm a "DeRommney acolyte" in your eyes? It appeared to me that's what you are saying and you WERE putting me in THAT spectrum when you claimed you don't know where to place me. Howbout trying not to disrespect me and my opinions by not trying to "place" me in your spectrum.

If I'm being critical of Trump you automatically assume that I must be fully on team DeSantis.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder what your response would be if it was someone not named Trump that had said that.

There is nothing to discuss. AB stepped on their weenie. They don't get a pass because they give a little bit of money to Rs.
    Yep. Or if the subject were, say, about 2A related.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All of this is inconsequential to the big picture according to some.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wonder what your response would be if it was someone not named Trump that had said that.

There is nothing to discuss. AB stepped on their weenie. They don't get a pass because they give a little bit of money to Rs.
    Don Jr. literally ****ing said that in the quotes.

“So here’s the deal. Anheuser-Busch totally **** the bed with this Dylan Mulvaney thing.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is all well and good but you never addressed my question as to what I interpreted you said in response to my other post. So I'll ask you once again. Even though I may have been critical of Trump for a few things does it mean that in doing so I'm a "DeRommney acolyte" in your eyes? It appeared to me that's what you are saying and you WERE putting me in THAT spectrum when you claimed you don't know where to place me. Howbout trying not to disrespect me and my opinions by not trying to "place" me in your spectrum.

If I'm being critical of Trump you automatically assume that I must be fully on team DeSantis.
    Well, considering I don't think I've seen you singing the praises of Haley, or Ramaswamidingdong or Hutchinson; and given that I think the people who feel the need to relentlessly dog Trump aren't fooling anyone when they say the don't have a guy, I was being honest when I said I don't know where to place you

That spectrum runs from notTrump to onlyTrump, which would seem to cover the full range of INGO conservatives with the exception of the few closet Democrats like LG - and even they could be pigeonholed as neverTrump. I place everyone somewhere on that spectrum

One of the meanings of acolyte is 'follower'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't quite know where to place you in the spectrum (for jamil) of Trump supporters

Sometimes you seem quite happy to jump in on Trump bashing, sometimes you seem to be trying to be a voice of relative reason

I think if DeSantis' entire life had been fine tooth combed like Trump's has been, people might be a bit more cautious in their support. IMO Ron wants it too bad, as evidenced by his quick trimming of his sails on Ukraine in reaction to modest push back from main stream press and politicians. I believe he is being packaged and sold to us a Trump on Adderal - more focused and less distractible - and I believe he is a willing partner in this process because he WANTS the big chair. FOMO. I'm not sure he has any vision of what he wants to do with it if he gets it and I'd like to know who's doing the packaging

I think 'on to the next shiny' as a precondition for choosing a presidential candidate is a recipe for failure

I think the people who claim they haven't made up their minds about a 2024 candidate are only fooling themselves
    If “wanting” the big chair disqualifies, which in my book, wanting power is a red flag, does Trump NOT want it? How is it so easy for you to see DeSantis’s ambition, and rightfully so, yet it’s so difficult to see Trump’s?

I have a theory that answers that question. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Of course. How could you possibly imagine that people don’t have your need to be on a team? That if they don’t worship your hero, they must worship the other one?

How about this as a concept. No one is worthy of the level of adoration and fierce loyalty you give your guy. Politicians will disappoint you except when your adoration blinds you. It’s wiser to look at them skeptically. They have ulterior motives, not altruistic motives. I see DeSantis’s faults. I see Trump’s faults. If it becomes a choice between those two, for me it will be a choice between least evil. I have no idea yet the depths of DeSantis’s evil to compare it with Trump’s at this point. The campaign should reveal that assuming DeSantis runs.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, considering I don't think I've seen you singing the praises of Haley, or Ramaswamidingdong or Hutchinson; and given that I think the people who feel the need to relentlessly dog Trump aren't fooling anyone when they say the don't have a guy, I was being honest when I said I don't know where to place you

That spectrum runs from notTrump to onlyTrump, which would seem to cover the full range of INGO conservatives with the exception of the few closet Democrats like LG - and even they could be pigeonholed as neverTrump. I place everyone somewhere on that spectrum

One of the meanings of acolyte is 'follower'
    While I have been somewhat critical of Trump at times as well as DeSantis, I have posted WAY more in defense of Trump than I have been critical. I would challenge you to deny that. I've tried to be even handed in my opinions of Trump. I've always tried to be objective by not only being critical of Trump at times but also being vociferously supportive in his defense as well when I feel both have been warranted.

I've referred to ardent Trump (not acolyte) supporters in my posts. Would you disagree with me and say that you are not an ardent Trump supporter? IMO the use of the term "acolytes" connotates a worshipper especially coming from you.

Is there anything that you can find in the body of my posts to suggest that I am an ardent DeSantis supporter constantly "singing his praises"? I may not even vote for anyone in the primaries if I'm not so inclined when the time comes if and when DeSantis enters the race or if any of the candidates don't impress me, If DeSantis doesn't impress me in the primaries enough to potentially earn my vote, then no bueno. My vote is not automatically a given.

I have stated numerous times that I will indeed vote for Trump if he wins the nomination which I believe that he very well just might. I will not refuse him my vote by sitting the general election out even though I may have been critical of him at times. But I guess that isn't good enough for you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom