• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Coming from an agricultural background you get a realistic attitude towards animals large and small. Some are problematic, and those you sell, eat, or put down, in the end they aren't people.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    During my first big breakup with a Junior High School girl, I was talking about it to my Grandfather ( dairy farmer ) about the horrible breakup and his response was ' Boy if it has teats, its a problem. Get used to it. '

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    During my first big breakup with a Junior High School girl, I was talking about it to my Grandfather ( dairy farmer ) about the horrible breakup and his response was ' Boy if it has teats, its a problem. Get used to it. '

Agricultural wisdom right there.:)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Agricultural wisdom right there.:)

Sounds like My great grand dad..........

He was a dry, interesting, plain, 8th grade educated man born and raised on the family dairy farm, flew P40's in WW2, after he went to DC and operated Trolly Cars for 30+ years and back to the farm until he died 15 years ago.
    He was truly part of the greatest generation.. Along with two of his brothers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He was a dry, interesting, plain, 8th grade educated man born and raised on the family dairy farm, flew P40's in WW2, after he went to DC and operated Trolly Cars for 30+ years and back to the farm until he died 15 years ago.
    He was truly part of the greatest generation.. Along with two of his brothers.

I was raised with more than a few of those men around.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Oh Please Arthur, you're dancing,. where is the line in the sand when you offensively protect others and yourself when someone or yourself is being attacked,bitten or held in place / cornered buy a dog.. When do YOU pull the old smokepole...

You're hunting for a "Gotcha!" moment when there isn't one.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My little sister had a chow/gs mix. Very kind and gentle just as long as she knew you or one of us was around or she was off her property.
    I've never liked Chows, but my sister-in-law and her family adopted a Chow/Jack Russell Terrier mix. They weren't very experienced with dogs, and I thought that was a horrible combination, but she has turned out to be a great dog for them, they've had her for many years now.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    There's nothing wrong with saving someone from harm or death. It's when someone simply decides that when he gets bit it's time to break out the gun and shoot something.

You're hunting for a "Gotcha!" moment when there isn't one.

Hahahahaha ' Gotcha ' was posted by you awhile back.
    I just asked you a very simple logical question, a few times. And you wouldn't answer, no worries here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never liked Chows, but my sister-in-law and her family adopted a Chow/Jack Russell Terrier mix. They weren't very experienced with dogs, and I thought that was a horrible combination, but she has turned out to be a great dog for them, they've had her for many years now.

Low life's that lived behind us years back were breeding Chows. Horrible temperaments.
    That all came to an end with multiple visits from state agency's.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Low life's that lived behind us years back were breeding Chows. Horrible temperaments.
    That all came to an end with multiple visits from state agency's.

Trashy people breed trashy dogs. There probably are some nice chows from good breeders, but they are seldom seen around here. When my daughter moved into her new house, the previous owners had a chow. They weren't quite done moving, and had left him in the house. Meanwhile, we had arrived with several trucks and people to help move stuff in. Not too many wanted to mess with that Chow. We finally tricked him out of the house and into the fenced yard.

Top Bottom