• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There is just one question that needs to be asked. Will you be going to war with your three $500 rifles?

My going to war days are probably over. Seems like when that's been a possibility before, they issued me a rifle of their choosing, though. Uncle Sam gave me a Colt to guard the midwest with. DynCorp gave me a Bushmaster XM-15 with full auto fun switch.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

My going to war days are probably over. Seems like when that's been a possibility before, they issued me a rifle of their choosing, though. Uncle Sam gave me a Colt to guard the midwest with. DynCorp gave me a Bushmaster XM-15 with full auto fun switch.
    You know those Bushmasters were junk right? What a waste of a fun switch.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I love the "go to war" rifle phrase. Keyboard commandoism at its finest.

If someone says that XYZ firearm would be their "go to war" rifle, that tells me that person will never be going to war.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If someone says that XYZ firearm would be their "go to war" rifle, that tells me that person will never be going to war.
    but...but....We all "neeed" "go to war" rifles.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Late to the game but am I to understand that in your opinion that if it's not a full BCM AR then it's nothing but crap? I'm not sure I see it that way. A YouTube link form how many years ago isn't going to convince me. What else is offered?
    Dan

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Why so? I have several AR rifles that I would consider "go to war" ready. They are hashed out. I have data on specific loads and their come ups at distance. I've proven that I can make the cold bore 500 yard head shot if need be. Maybe that's the only shot I get off before I end up in the dirt but at least I'll know my gun is up to the task at hand whatever that may be.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hell, at my age and the shape I'm in now.... IF WE or I go to war.....
    Any rifle most likely will out last me.
    When I say my rifles aren't the weak link in the chain of survival I know what I speak of.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Why so? I have several AR rifles that I would consider "go to war" ready. They are hashed out. I have data on specific loads and their come ups at distance. I've proven that I can make the cold bore 500 yard head shot if need be. Maybe that's the only shot I get off before I end up in the dirt but at least I'll know my gun is up to the task at hand whatever that may be.

That isn't going to war. That's taking a shot. Combat isn't about taking a shot. It is about imposing your will on the enemy. How you do that has more in common with a football game than Call of Duty.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I respectfully disagree. We're talking good vs bad AR15 here. IMO, "Go to war" is a term used to describe a weapon constructed using parts of sufficient quality to perform the task at hand be it a red dawn, shtf, wrol, etc... An AR with wooden dowel sticks in the fire control group instead of steel pins is not "go to war" ready. A properly staked gas key may look good but if the manufacturer used soft Chinesium fake grade 8 screws, it's not "go to war" ready. That weapon may work for a few shots or a few years but would you trust your life to it?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    "Trust your life to it?"

You are more likely to die falling off a cheap ladder than an untrustworthy AR being your problem. Yet, people spend more money on AR's and not enough on "shop safety".

But, it's a gun forum, not a roofing jubilee.

Top Bottom