• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I thought I saw [name deleted to protect the identity of INGO member] at the range in a ghillie suit....but it was just chest hair. :)

b15.jpg
    I felt I was being watched.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I thought I saw [name deleted to protect the identity of INGO member] at the range in a ghillie suit....but it was just chest hair. :)

b15.jpg

I thought at first that I recognized him, but there's too much hair on the top of the head to be [name deleted to protect the identity of INGO member]. :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why 30 rounds?

Because it's the Golden Rule for sample size: samples less than 30 have enough sampling error that the conclusive power is often invalid. People familiar with inferential stats know this general rule (which is NOT the same as the true statistical "power" of a sample, which is not worth belaboring here). The approximation of group dispersion as a "normal" distribution seems reasonable to me.

Hmmm. Wouldn't the sample size of 30 be more appropriately applied to the number of groups shot rather than the number shot in a given group?

The individual shots in a group would not comprise a measurement or datum, but a group size formed by that set of shots forms one datum in your sample.

How many shots should be included in a group is still open for debate.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Hmmm. Wouldn't the sample size of 30 be more appropriately applied to the number of groups shot rather than the number shot in a given group?

The individual shots in a group would not comprise a measurement or datum, but a group size formed by that set of shots forms one datum in your sample.

How many shots should be included in a group is still open for debate.

There's no statistical difference between shooting a single 30 round group and 6 five round groups because it basically boils down to math: the average of 30 numbers is the same as the average of the 6 averages of random groups of five chosen from the 30 numbers.

This is relevant because we are about the absolute value of the departure of the POI from the POA, not the error in a particular direction.

This assumption would likely not be appropriate for situations like shooting outdoors in the wind at longer distance, where the windage dispersion will have a different variability than the elevation. But for general shorter range work or indoors, you can assume reasonably shot distribution that is circular and not elliptical. In other words, you can merge X and Y into a radial figure rather than treat them as individual vector components.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Okay guys I've got two Ingo lowers and two Larue MBT triggers. I've have two high end AR's so I'm wanting to build a 300 blackout.
    Palmeto State has a complete 16" upper, it's pistol length gas system with the gen 3 13" rail for 259.00 free shipping . Includes the bolt carrier and mpi bolt. You think it's worth a shot, money really isn't a problem I just don't want to stink a bunch in a 300 upper if I don't like it. It'll have an A2 stock and either be a range gun or possibly a little bit of deer hunting. Honest opinions won't hurt my feelings so what do you guys think about PSA quality lately. Thanks for any help , Dan

Last edited:
    Top Bottom