• avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    At least stand up for what you say.

Okay.

Recommending decaffinated coffee to someone that seems excitable is a very common humorous saying in American lexicon.

I was attempting to inject a little levity into a thread which had taken a turn toward full potato, in no small part due to you taking opinions different than your own FAR too personally and this thread FAR too seriously to include "negative personal attacks" at calling people "hipoint owners", which are damn near fighting words (note: that is also humor).

Trust me friend, if my intent was a "negative personal attack" there'd be no doubt about it...but that wasn't my intent.

I agree with you completely that people shouldn't buy the "cheapest" option, and that a little more money upfront can prevent issues leading to an even larger cash outlay down the road. However, everyone has their own value proposition when making a purchase decision and I can't and won't knock a guy that buys a Ruger AR556, M&P 15 Sport II or a PSA over a Spikes/BCM/DD if that suits their needs, desires, and budget.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd just like to say that I don't own a hi-point and I've never recommended one. Also I've never represented myself to be an "expert" I just speak my opinion from my own personal experiences. I did'nt participate in this thread intending to **** on anyone elses's opinion based on their experiences. For the most part I've actually agreed with the sentiments expressed by the OP. Last but not least....I don't drink coffee. Peace.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    well if people would use a little reading comprehension, this thread was for people who hadn't yet bought something and wanted to have something to go off of. I don't give two ****s what you or anyone else has in their safe but if I can help a new shooter or potential AR owner to make a good choice then I'll try to offer my good opinion based on facts.
    You and others are more than welcome to steer them down the hi-point road.
    the poor me feel sorry for me crowd is so old. Also the established ingo crowd is the last ones I'd ever expect to get any good advice across to hence this thread is for newer AR shooters

Clearly you do care or you wouldn't have started a thread to lead those to the holy grail of high end AR15's and then get upset and defend your point when a different opinion is expressed...

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

<threadjack>
    May I suggest never using those.... After having one attached during a class, I quickly learned that I didnt want one attached any more especially when in a real low light situation as the amount of additional light that those block to your eye made seeing anything all but impossible. Mine was quickly retired more most situations. I normally use the standard rubber eye cup now.
    </threadjack>

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I hear people trashing DPMS all the time. I went cheap(by a few years ago standards) and bought a DPMS Oracle. I really like it and is very reliable and accurate.

Same here, mine has worked perfectly. I wasn't going to buy one, but when I started doing research I found a lot more positive reviews than negative. One review really stuck out when the guy said he had 10K rounds through his and only had only replaced the buffer spring.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Anderson lowers; sequential serial numbers; purchased from Aim Surplus.

number X195

number x196

In fairness, heres a noveske and below that later I'll post a pic of an aero once my wife digs it out for me lol. I don't have a stripped BCM or anything else but andersons or is post a pics of them too. I might have a rock river I'll check. The noveske looks like crap but it's also a spot you'll never see just like the andersons. So I won't fault them for metal chipping (or whatever you call it) on a grip screw hole. Now if they left extra metal there then that would be a no go.
    View attachment 53975

Top Bottom