• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    many have already been to war so there is a standard they expect their guns to live up to. Many military and ex military aren't gun guys and don't know **** about guns.
    Go to war is a term many top veteran instructors use and also civilians and law enforcement who refuse to be victims. Not just keyboard commandos.

:yesway: well said.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I don't think they "are patting themselves on the back", judging by this thread their hands are otherwise occupied..........

jxrtYtI.jpg

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I do not expect to "go to war." I expect to live peacefully with all men, as far as possible. In the mean time, I want to learn to shoot accurately (able to cover my rounds with my open hand at the range these 66-yr-old eyes can manage, currently ideal at less than 50yds, but able to hit COM at 200yds with an M1 carbine and cheap ammo). I want to be able to handle revolvers and pistols, lever action and semi-auto rifles, ARs and AKs, and pump shotguns. I also want to be able to do the basic servicing and repairing of these weapons.

I would love to have a top-of-the-line AR or AK. A Dan Wilson 1911 would be great, as would an M9, and its new replacement from Sig. Heck, I would love to have a Sig—even an old beat up one! I would love a full machine shop, too, where I could thread my own barrels, and mount my own sights, and fine tune all the intricate parts of a firearm—maybe even make my Marlin as slick as a Henry. It would be nice.

Since I do not have a fortune, though, I have to conserve my resources for armaments, ammo, and training. I can train with a Glock or S&W in 9mm, or a Remington 1911 in .45. I can train with a Marlin 1894, even though it is not slick as a Henry and will never be a tack driver. I can train with a Winchester 9422 or a Ruger 10/22 (iron sights or Barska-scoped). I can train with a Palmetto-kit built A2-style AR with iron sights or a slightly better AR with a decent scope. I can even hit 60-70% of the clays on the trap line with an old Remington 870, but my even older Mossberg 500 is limited to firing buckshot at across the bedroom distances. I can do all this because I did not throw my money at a high-priced items like BCM offers.

If and when the SHTF, I am not running. I can still hoof it down the road at a decent pace (ten-minute miles is not bad for my age with an artificial hip :fogey: , but I am not running any more. No I'm not. I'll be standing behind the truck, the van, and my classic red Mustang, and firing until there is no more ammo or no more rowdies. If I run out of ammo, I can still fling that 1911 and swing that 870, but I ain't running any more. :ar15::shoot: :bat::boxing: You boys with the BCMs and Dan Wessons just take the women and children down the road, out to the fort, or wherever you make your stand, rebuild the nation for the next generation. Just don't let the DC establishment mess it up again. Make sure this remains the land of the free and the home of the brave. :patriot:

And stir up the fire before you head out. I like my coffee hot. :coffee: :oldwise::ranton:

Last edited:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Ok, I read the first 17 pages and still don't know why a BCM is better than a (pre-Freedom Group) Bushmaster or an older Colt. I am not saying BCM isn't a good rifle but "why" is it a good rifle? I missed the educational component of the thread.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah. Head over to M4C and get pummeled for awhile if that's your thing.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    The "chart" appears to have been removed and only the explanation of terms and features remains. It looks like it "might" have been interesting.

Lacking other evidence to the contrary (other than "uh huh" and "nuh uh" arguments)... I will just be happy with what I have.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got a pretty standard RRA A2 ("tasc") , post-ban shipped from the factory 7/3/03 , it was a DEA trade in , beat up but rarely fired (til I got ahold of it) It's kind of a beast. runs like a champ. Paid 500. I've been told everything running the entire gamut from "its junk" to "its badass, war-ready" lol maybe it's a little bit of both, I am
    :ar15:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've got a pretty standard RRA A2 ("tasc") , post-ban shipped from the factory 7/3/03 , it was a DEA trade in , beat up but rarely fired (til I got ahold of it) It's kind of a beast. runs like a champ. Paid 500. I've been told everything running the entire gamut from "its junk" to "its badass, war-ready" lol maybe it's a little bit of both, I am
    :ar15:
    the older rock rivers are awesome!! I have the DEA model that was the civilian version rock river sold when they won the DEA contract. It came with the eotech and a surefire light even.
    Thats bad ass you actualy have a DEA trade in. I never knew they sold those to the public. You are lucky. I like guns with history behind them.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    the older rock rivers are awesome!! I have the DEA model that was the civilian version rock river sold when they won the DEA contract. It came with the eotech and a surefire light even.
    Thats bad ass you actualy have a DEA trade in. I never knew they sold those to the public. You are lucky. I like guns with history behind them.

Agreed! ...it even has a rack number on the stock

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Ok, I read the first 17 pages and still don't know why a BCM is better than a (pre-Freedom Group) Bushmaster or an older Colt. I am not saying BCM isn't a good rifle but "why" is it a good rifle? I missed the educational component of the thread.
    Tighter quality control. Not a Bcm fan boy but I admire their practices. From what I've read and seen from interviews with the owner, when they get parts in the varify that the parts meet their high standards. And if a part fails it doesn't go into a rifle plain and simple. Plus the destructive testing done on all their barrels and bolts instead of batch testing.

Top Bottom