Do you think Schools are going too far??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wire Fox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Heck, my high school (graduated last year) had a pretty darned lenient, "common sense" policy. When it was hunting season, it wasn't unheard of for guys to still have their shotguns up on a rack in their truck or a box of shells.

When they made rounds around the lot, as long as you didn't have ammo and a gun in the truck, you probably wouldn't get hassled, just reminded to leave it all at home. If you had both, you probably would have the police talk to you, but they'd just let you off with a dismissal from the day and pretty brief warning. No shootings or threats ever happened while I was there, except for a fake bomb threat that came from some kid made to all the local schools. No surprise that he was from a nearby school that did have one of those zero tolerance policies.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I can see your point, and it makes sense IF and only IF you accept the premise of public education in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and respect the efforts of your parents for a career that I'm sure was very honorable and admirable. I just am of the opinion that public education has reached a point of wasting so many resources trying to please everyone that they rarely please anyone. :twocents:
    +1. I agree about the trying to make it totally perfect for each and every student and parent. Too much time and money being flushed down the toilet persuing perfection in an imperfect world.

Top Bottom