Do you shoot Coyotes during deer season?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sometimes to me Id rather nail a coyote than deer. They are pretty thick in my neck of the woods. So do you guys let them walk so you wont spook the deer or do you let them have it? I had a coyote come in on me the second day of gun season last year and I let him have it.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Depends. If it is early on a prime morning I will sit tight and watch them walk by. If it is getting close to the end of a hunt or just a slow day when I don't have much faith in anything happening I will let them have it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    There are only to varmints that take a higher precedence than smiting 'yotes for me. Ground Hogs, and Racoons fight for the number 1 spot on my they need to be extinct list...

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    everytime in the past I let a coyote walk I later regretted it, not happening anymore. Shoot coyotes and you save many deer, turkeys, what few rabbits are left, and peoples' pets... Coyotes are just plain bad news.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Depends. If it is early on a prime morning I will sit tight and watch them walk by. If it is getting close to the end of a hunt or just a slow day when I don't have much faith in anything happening I will let them have it.

Anytime in the woods is prime so if you decide to shoot a coyote no matter if its a slow day or not you run the risk of scaring off dear. You never know when a deer might come thru it often happens when you least expect it. With that being said i still drop the hammer on them.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw one in bow season, ducked my arrow. Decided it was time for revenge...........
    was worth taking the caller and saying screw deer hunting for the day

picture.php

Top Bottom