• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So, if anyone can buy lights for the top of their car, can I get a brown one for those emergency cases when I have a turtle head poking?

That would be awesome.

No. Lights for this purpose are not specified in the IC. For that type of emergency, you need this:

im_only_speeding_cause_i_really_have_to_poop_bumper_sticker-p128086553197384902tmn6_400.jpg

on your back bumper.

(and in all seriousness, yes, anyone can buy a blue light or a green light, but to drive down the road with it lit, you have to meet specific criteria. ;))

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Glad we finally got that worked out. I was wondering when the answer was finally going to arrive:D

yeah It took months of debating and lots of thought to figure out the answer.

I personally am already going faster than they are anyway, so it wouldn't matter. I actually accidentally passed one in Clinton county with his blue on in his front window, Couldn't see it till I was long past him. O well.

So why do old threads keep being bumped? haha.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    +++ Never mind my post below, just noticed the NON EMERGENCY VEHICLE THING IN THE OP STATEMENT ++++
    Having been a medic in Chicago I can say only this. Would you want the ambulance to be delayed if it was going to your home to help out you or your loved one? Would you want the responce time of that police officer to be longer then what it already is especially if it was responding to a call from your home or someone else you loved. I was once invloved in an accident while running a code 33 by a vehicle that refused to yeild/pull over, that is a code used in Chicago when going lights and sirens I don't know if it is the same here in Indiana. Give EMS a break and pull over please.

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    According to my defensive driving program yielding to blue lights is recommended yielding to green lights is required just thought I would proffer the states opinion on their own rules.

Top Bottom