PEANUT BUTTER CHILI TIME!

tumblr_m7j5ddJvxS1qh1yw9o1_250.gif

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    For some reason the chili around here is very weak! Don't know what this whole PB&J thing is with eating chili and all, since I'm not from around these parts. But when I actually do find some good chili, I purchase it and bring it back home and doctor it up. Sorry but I just need heat in my food to enjoy it. I put more garlic and hot peppers in it. Chili should be f'n hot and with cheese! PB&J is what you eat while out fishing or hunting in the wee hours of the morning. Not with your chili. Don't get me started about putting crackers in your food!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    For some reason the chili around here is very weak! Don't know what this whole PB&J thing is with eating chili and all, since I'm not from around these parts. But when I actually do find some good chili, I purchase it and bring it back home and doctor it up. Sorry but I just need heat in my food to enjoy it. I put more garlic and hot peppers in it. Chili should be f'n hot and with cheese! PB&J is what you eat while out fishing or hunting in the wee hours of the morning. Not with your chili. Don't get me started about putting crackers in your food!

Store bought chili generally sucks. Make your own and break out the peanut butter!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pot is to be had for all; everyone toke up.
    Tomato soup is vile and nasty. Got it.

Tomato soup is to mrj what republicans are to [STRIKE]progressives[/STRIKE] mrj.

You do chili your way, I'll do it mine. But seriously, if you have to bring it home and modify it anyway, why are you not making it yourself?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, try a grilled cheese with one slice of mozzarella and one of provolone. That is grilled cheese nirvana, I tells ya. When I make one of those, any other food becomes irrelevant, and I just bliss out on the cheese. It confounds me, truly it does.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I grew up in the 60s/70s and I did have chili. Never with PBJ or PBH. I'm not from Indiana though, so maybe that's just a Indy thing? :dunno:
    Down here in the civilized south (aka Evansville) we ALWAYS had a PB sammich with our chili at school. And at home, too.

As stated clearly in this thread as well as my thread, it's just a peanut butter sandwich with chili. No jelly.
    This^^

Store bought chili generally sucks. Make your own and break out the peanut butter!
    Goes without saying!

Hear, hear. Indeed, and I prefer the gc with Colby so thick that you cannot chew through it, your arms are not long enough to stretch it to the point of breaking and it is all you can do to swallow it without choking.
    Well... That... Sounds... Yummy?!?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Oh, try a grilled cheese with one slice of mozzarella and one of provolone. That is grilled cheese nirvana, I tells ya. When I make one of those, any other food becomes irrelevant, and I just bliss out on the cheese. It confounds me, truly it does.

This tasty sandwich becomes even better with a few slices of fresh jalepeno, and a slice or two of crispy bacon.

Have a ice cold beverage on standby.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Only way I enjoy chilli is right before a long car ride with Mrs. SkullDaddy. That way we both can enjoy it!! BTW, never heard of PB with chilli. But will be experimenting with this new concept later!!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Sounds good. I bet that would taste great on asiago bread. Penara sells some really good asiago bread which makes great grilled cheese sammies. I think I'm going to try your idea with that next time.

Down here in the civilized south (aka Evansville) we ALWAYS had a PB sammich with our chili at school. And at home, too.

This^^

Goes without saying!

Well... That... Sounds... Yummy?!?

Ok. I'll try it. But if it isn't as good as grilled cheese sammies with chilli, y'all WILL hear about it.

Peanut Butter & CHEESE sammich with chili.

Ok, now that has to be good. Is that a grilled PB & C sammich? Or just bread + PB + cheese?

[video=youtube_share;lH9CUKx0RFk]http://youtu.be/lH9CUKx0RFk[/video]

I've lived in different areas of the country and have heard that a lot.

Top Bottom